Total Makeover

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I attempted suicide eight times” He says darkly

 

~~~

 

Mina, who was chewing her meal, immediately chokes upon his statement. The food goes into the wrong tube that she has to cough it up crazily to be able to breath. Sol who sits next to her calmly pats her back to aid.

 

“Eight times?!!” Mina says after she regains her breathing.

 

GD nods. The other boys heard him too but they continue their eating given the fact that they’ve heard the story million of times. They know why GD becomes the way he is and given the circumstances, they can’t blame the guy. It’s good enough he still plays for the good guys.

 

“GD-ya… You want to eat this?” VI points at his half empty bowl of rice.

 

GD growls.

 

“Okay, okay! Don’t get fired up” VI raises both his arms to surrender.

 

“GD is sensitive when it comes to food. Don’t ever try take his food away, even if he’s not going to eat them” Sol whispers in Mina’s ears, “It’s the result after years of living harshly in the street”

 

She looks at GD, who sits in front of her, again. The way she views him changes now. He is no longer the arrogant bastard who loves power in Mina’s eyes. Now she notices the darkness and pain that lingers in his black orbs. She wants to know more, she want to know deeper but she knows that it’ll only darken the mood.

 

“Ahhh… this is so good!!” TOP leans back onto the backrest of his chair as he rubs his swollen belly.

 

“Haven’t had that for a while…” DL grins.

 

“Haven’t had what?” Mina asks.

 

“Proper meal” DL answers.

 

“What??”

 

“We are always monitoring you, so all we could have is kimbap or some tteokbokki from stalls. GD never let us out to have proper food because it means we have to take down our guard of you” TOP explains.

 

Mina somehow blushes. Hearing those words coming out of TOP’s mouth with him wearing normal clothing and looking mighty fine, she can’t help but to feel like she’s in a drama movie where five hot guys are her friends. She feels like she has five hot friends that protect her because they love her. Though she knows it’s all just a job description.

 

“So, tell me about your stories” Mina turns to the other boys, “I know GD is from Seoul, TOP is from Barcelona, VI is from Tokyo… but how about you DL? Sol?”

 

“I’m from Macau” DL says proudly.

 

“Ah… a place where gambling is what keeps them survive” She comments, making DL blushes.

 

“Y-ya… We don’t only boast about our gambling… we also have good food” DL protects his city while the rest are snickering.

 

Mina chuckles, “How about you Sol?”

 

“Hmm?” Sol looks up and sees everyone is looking at him, “Oh, where I lived when I was mortal?”

 

“Stop saying that loudly! You sounded like a mental person!” Mina slaps his muscled arms.

 

Sol chuckles, “Hmm… I’m from New York, city that never sleeps”

 

“Ahh… So you guys are all from different country…” Mina tries to understand them better.

 

They nod.

 

“How do you guys communicate?”

 

The five boys immediately look at one another, frowning by the question. They realized that they never question on how they were able to instantly click and converse. The only thing they know is when they were assigned into GD’s team, the chemistry works immediately.

 

“Up there, you don’t need languages to be able to communicate. I don’t really know how to explain it, but it’s like we understand each other without language barriers. We just speak naturally and the other person would understand. I couldn’t speak Spanish or English or Japanese or Mandarin, but I don’t need those to understand these kids” GD explains.

 

Mina looks at the other guys, “So you guys learnt Korean?”

 

“Learnt?” VI chuckles at the absurdity of her questions. “We live in Higher Empire, do you think we have to study to be able to speak a language?”

 

“If we needed to learn Korean before our mission, I’ll back out straight away” DL says.

 

“That’s because you have a brain the size of a peanut” Sol teases, making DL pouts.

 

“So… how? I mean, even Chaerin understands you guys…” She tries to click the information together.

 

“Your creator simply do her job and the moment we landed on Earth, we have Korean as part of our knowledge” TOP explains. “It’ll be gone the moment our mission is done”

 

“But can you all still speak your mother tongue?” Mina asks further.

 

They nod.

 

“Isn’t it unfair how my language skill is less than them simply because the mission is in Seoul?” GD frowns.

 

“Oh shut up, you speak English well when the mission was in LA” Sol snorts.

 

Mina looks around the table. It still amazes her how the five mental institution kids changes and become five college students wearing crisps outfit. If before she was embarrassed to be seen in public with five oddly dressed men, now she wants to show it all off.

 

Mina is contemplating again on what she needs to do to complete her makeover and transform the five descendants into a normal human being, when the boys starts to bicker on what to have for desserts. It hits her, their name!

 

“Shut up guys, you sounded so weird saying each other’s name!” Mina scolds. “No one has VI as their names in this part of the world, nor Sol, nor DL, nor TOP, nor GD”

 

“What are you implying?” DL looks at her warily.

 

“You guys are going to be here for a while so let me teach you guys some Korean manners” Mina says, readying herself for some quick lesson. “So, who’s the oldest?”

 

Everyone looks at each other in confusion, but GD simply sighs knowing what direction she’s going to take her question to.

 

“Come on, I’m sure you remember your birthdate” Mina pushes.

 

“TOP is the oldest, Sol and I were born on the same year, then DL, and VI is the youngest” GD answers.

 

“What year?”

 

“1987 for TOP. 1988 for Sol and I. 1989 for Dl and 1990 for VI” GD replies.

 

“OMO! You guys are all oppa to me!” She chirps while GD throws her an unamused look.

 

“We’re not your brothers!” DL immediately rejects the idea.

 

“Oppa is not just for brothers! It’s a term used for a girl to call an older guy” Mina explains excitedly.

 

“They don’t need to learn Korean manner. We are just here to do our mission” GD says sternly. His hatred for the country is obvious.

 

“Anni!” Mina wiggles her finger, “It’s important! So, considering TOP is the oldest, the rest of you should call him, hyung! And VI is the youngest so he bears the title of a maknae of the group! VI, you need to call the rest with ‘hyung’ at the end of their name”

 

“WHAT?!” VI clearly hates the idea.

 

“Oh shut up, maknae. Just do as she says” TOP immediately enjoying the new set-up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter