Play

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina sits on one side of the table while her best friends sit in front of her, interrogating her. The news of yesterday’s event had reached to the other 3 girls' ears when Chaerin couldn't reach Mina on her cell last night. Chaerin had explain the chronology of yesterday afternoon to all of the girls; from the moment she decided to walk Mina home until the second VI waved her goodbye and all of them agreed that something is definitely amiss.

Mina on the other hand, doesn't bulge. Non-stop questions are being poured to her like a waterfall but none of the girls got the answer that they're looking for. Mina instils her gullibility to perfection. All of them are worried but the innocence in Mina's eyes doesn't give anything away. After all, she doesn't think the girls would believe the truth anyway.

"Please explain to me again Mina, who the hell are they?" Chaerin asks as she massages her throbbing temple. It's been an hour and a half after school had ended but they still couldn't get the truth out.

"Like they said, they're my childhood friends" Mina answers calmly while sipping her watermelon juice.

"But you never once mentioned anything about having childhood friends, especially FIVE male childhood friends" Dara retorts.

"I never thought I need to mentioned them since I thought I would never see them again" Mina answers casually, irritates the aggregated Chaerin further.

"It’s odd how your five childhood friends moved out of the country simultaneously at the same time" Minzy, the smart one, speaks up.

"Life is weird, Minzy" Mina imitates her mother's tone.

"Where did they go?" Bom asks as she snatch Mina's drink to take a sip.

"GD transferred to Busan, Sol to New York, VI to Osaka, TOP to Milan and DL to Shanghai" Mina answers smoothly.

Before Mina could go back home last night, GD spends few minutes to guide Mina on how to lie about their existence to their friends. Being the leader, GD understands the implications that Mina might face once she sets foot at her school ground, and he was right. Despite her growing hatred towards GD, Mina mentally thanking him for briefing her with such information.

"They left city at the same time and now they come back at the same time too?" Chaerin is obviously suspicious.

"Guess so" Mina shrugs.

"Don’t you see why we are worried here?!!!" Chaerin can no longer contain her frustration.

Mina smiles apologetically instead, "I know why you guys are worried and trust me, I am really thankful for it. But there is no need for you guys to be worry... I know who they are and they won't hurt me" ... I hope, she adds silently.

"Well if you say so..." Bom shrugs. She is always the simple minded one of the group.

"No way! There is no way we are trusting those five boys so easily!!" Cherin bangs the table, surprising all four girls.

"You seem to like them the other day" Mina teases. She knows that the only way to distract Chaerin is by teasing her.

"I...I... I was just trying to be polite!" Chaerin blushed and cowered down on her seat

"Omo! What happened?!" Dara notices a missing piece from Chaerin's story.

"Well, let's just say someone was completely smitten when a guy walked her home..." Mina continues her teasing. At least for now, the focus wont be on her anymore.

"No I didn't!!!" Chaerin quickly become defensive.

"I didn't say it was you" Mina replies cheekily, making the other girls attention turn to Chaerin completely, demanding an honest truth.

"Chaerin-ah, you better spill it" Bom point her corn cob towards Chaerin.

"There is nothing to spill" Chaerin answers sternly but the blush on her face gives everything away.

The girls continue their interrogation, both to Chaerin and Mina, when loud commotion from outside the cafeteria disturbs their little gathering. They can't be bothered to check what's the big fuss is all about. They're seniors, they've had their fair share of high school drama. It was probably one of those things where two girls fight for one boy's attention and they really have no interest to watch such petty argument.

"How’s my face?" a girl with permed hair, asks nervously to her friend.

"It’s fine, it' fine! Let's go!!" her friend pulled her along, passing Mina's table on the way.

"ummm... Excuse me" Dara grab the permed hair by the wrists. "What’s going on?"

"There are celebrities at the gate of our school!!" the other girl answers instead.

"Celebrities?" Minzy her head. She hasn’t heard any news about her school being used for entertainment purposes before.

"Who?" Bom asks, intrigued.

"We don't really know but everyone is outside trying to get a picture" the permed hair girl answers, holding her phone tightly on her palms, before she and her friend bolted out of the cafeteria to catch those unidentified celebrities.

The five girls turn their heads at each other and calculating each stare. As if they talked telepathically, all of them quickly gather their belongings and run out of the cafeteria for a sole purpose of taking a glimpse of the celebrities, disregarding their interrogation session. They are all five young straight girls after all.

The gate is blocked by mob of girls who are shoving each other bodies just to get closer to the celebrities. The crowd is so large that Mina and her girls can't even see the culp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter