Background

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHART OF THE HIGHER EMPIRE

 

There are 20 Primordial Deities in the universe that held the almighty power and some might simply call them: Gods. They have different powers but have similar attributes. They rule the universe from its good to its worst and maintain its balance. As any king would be, Gods need their assistants. From this in mind, Gods had created Titans, which hold powers much similar to the Gods but hold no authority over the world. The Titans are responsible over their own respective job description and are only powerful enough in that respective field. When the Gods feel that the Titans are not enough help, they created Descendants as a bridge from the Higher Empire to the earth.

These descendants are soon proven to be efficient that the Titans sought for permission from the Gods to have the rights to create descendants themselves. After much debate over centuries, finally Gods anonymously agreed that the Titans could create its own descendants and that descendants would have similar power to their creator, whether it be Gods or Titans.

Throughout the millenniums, Titans have created themselves descendants and placed them all around the world. These descendants all have the characteristics of a normal human being, except that they are immortal, until a certain degree.  Descendants can only be killed by Titans, Gods or by each other. Descendants carry the power similar of their creator. This power, however, dilutes as more descendants being created by the creator.

Descendants are all being placed in the human world to grow and learn the world until they reach maturity, age 18. Once 18 years old, they are able to use their full power and after a year of training on earth, they will be pulled back to the Higher Empire to help the Titans and the Gods to guard the world. Usually, Gods or Titans show their descendants their identity since they were young in an attempt to guide them with their power. However, some descendants see this as an opportunity to grow their head and bully the humans with their supernatural power. Descendants, however, cannot reveal their identity or the truth about the higher world to the human. Once they slipped information, they will be banished from the living.

Having similar attributes as the human, descendants can breed among each other or with a human being. Marriage between descendants are a very common practice and mostly due to the reason of combining power. By marriage, the power from each descendants merge as they create an offspring and usually, the offspring will have the combined power of its parents or would create a completely new power from mixture. This offspring would be immortal and would serves in the higher world, together with its parents. When a descendant marries a human, their offspring would have power only to a certain degree. Its offspring would not be immortal and it would not be required to go to the higher world. Due to these reasons, marrying a human is sometimes regarded as a disgrace. Titans would compete with one another to create the best offspring from the pairing of descendants.

Despite the common practice of creating descendants among the Titans and the Gods, Gaia, the God of Earth and the one who created Titans that are responsible to different aspects to control the Earth, never once creates any descendants of her own. Until one day, suddenly news about Gaia’s carrying a descendant was spread making Gaia anxious because she knows that the Titans would be eyeing her descendant for various reasons, such as combining power. Gaia had never creates any descendants, therefore it is anticipated that Gaia’s first descendant would have extreme power because Gaia’s power hasn’t been diluted by the creation of any previous descendants. Gaia soon transfers her descendant through Hermes, the God of Messanger, to the earth without any of the Gods’ or the Titans' knowledge, except Tartarus, the God of the Underworld. Tartarus was eavesdropping on Gaia when she instructed Hermes and he overheard their conversation about  Gaia had carry a female descendant of her own.

Gaia’s descendant was sent into Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter