I Mean It

Learning How to Love

No One POV

It was a normal morning for the YoonYulMin trio. Yoona had a pretty lengthy schedule today as she had both a photo shoot and a CF shooting, and a recording for Running Man late at night.

The doe-eyed girl had left with Nickhun earlier this morning and Yuri was left with Minna.

"Minna-ah~ wake up~! We have to get ready for school!" said Yuri as she gently shook the sleeping child.

But like any other morning without Yoona, Minna refused to budge.

Although for the most part the doe-eyed girl did what she was told, Minna threw tantrums on the mornings when Yoona had already left for work.

Yuri huffed in frustration as Minna burried herself deeper into her sheets and covered herself with the body-sized Rilakkuma that she slept with.

"Minna-ah please wake up. We're going to be late for school!"

"I don't wanna~!" yelled the little girl from underneath the mess of blankets.

"Pleaaaase Minna~ let's not do this early in the morning???" begged Yuri as she tugged on the sheets.

Minna held onto them tighter.

"I don't wanna get up~! I'm still sleepy~!"

"I know you're awake Minna. I can hear your stomach growling!"

"Noooooo~!!!!" whined Minna.

A low growl came from underneath the blankets and Yuri giggled.

The tanned girl started shaking the small girl and pulling at the blankets harder.

Minna began to squirm.

"I don't wanna get up unless Yoona-umma cooks breafast!" shouted the doe-eyed girl.

"Yoongie made us breakfast before she left this morning..."

Minna was still and Yuri grinned as she knew that she had won.

"Yoona made us Rilakkuma-shaped strawberry pancakes~! But if you're not going to get up...."

"I'M AWAKE!" shouted the little girl as she shot up from the tangled mess of blankets and sheets on her bed.

Her hair was all messed up, but nevertheless she was wide awake now.

Yuri led Minna to the bathrrom, "Get washed up and then we'll have breakfast together okay?"

Minna nodded eagerly and hurriedly began to scrub her face.

Yuri chuckled at the little shikshin and went back to Minna's room to make the bed before going back to the kitchen and reheating the pancakes.

Minna ran out of the bathroom, moments later.

"Can we eat now Yul-umma?" she asked eagerly as she took her seat at the dining table.

Yuri nodded and handed her a small plate of pancakes.

Minna attacked them and was soon gobbling them down in bliss.

"Minna-ah would like milk to go with your pancakes?" asked Yuri as she poured herself some Ma that Yoona had made for her.

Minna nodded with her cheeks bulging with pancakes.

"Aigo~ Minna-ah eat slowly! They aren't going to disappear you know."

Yuri set the glass of milk on the table and Minna gulped it down.

The tanned woman also sat down and began eating the delicious pancakes.

She was reading the newspaper when the phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yoboseyo? Yul~? Is that you?"

"Omo~! Yoongie!"

" *chuckles*, I'm glad you're awake now. Did Minna give you trouble again?"

"It wasn't so bad this morning, I coaxed her out of bed with your pancakes. Thank you for cooking for us~!"

"Anything for my niece and girlfriend."

"Why did you call?"

"I just missed hearing your voice in the morning... I love you Yul~"

"Aish~ soooo cheesy Yoona... I love you too Yoona-ah! But you should get back to work now."

"Don't worry, we're on break now. Their searching for my next outfit."

"Oh. Okay then. Are you going to be home late tonight?"

"I don't think I'll be home until early tomorrow morning. Sica-unnie told me the Running Man filming won't end until 4 am..."

"Omo~ Yoong that isn't good for your body!!"

"I'll be fine Yuri. Sica-unnie cleared my schedule for tomorrow morning. I only have a radio interview in the afternoon and a filming for a variety show at noon. I'll be free all of tomorrow night."

"Jinja? Maybe we can go out with Minna then?"

"That sounds like a great idea~ But we'll be with the JeTi-unnies and Sica-unnie's younger sister. She's arriving here from America tomorrow, for the wedding."

"I didn't know Jessica had a sister..."

"Hahaha~ yeah her name's Krystal and we're actually the same age." (A/N: for the purposes of this story Krystal and Yoona are the same age)

"Okay then. That sounds like fun... So I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Absolutely. You'll be okay with Minna for dinner right? I had Wooyoung buy fresh groceries a couple of days ago so..."

"We'll be fine Yoong. Don't worry about us and focus on your work okay? Love you~"

"I love you too. Tell Minna to be good and that I love her."

"Alright sweetie. I already miss you~!"

"I miss you too~."

Yoona hung up and Yuri put her phone down.

"Was that Yoona-umma?" asked Minna.

"Yep. She said that she'd be back early tomorrow morning."

Minna pouted, "She won't be back for dinner?"

"Afraid not sweetie. But I'll invite Seo okay?"

Minna frowned and whispered, "I miss Yoona-umma..."

Yuri ruffled Minna's hair and gave her a hug.

"I miss her too Minna-ah. But she has work today. She said she'll take us out to dinner tomorrow though."

"Okay... Minna will be a good girl until then."

Yuri gave Minna a soft kiss on her forehead.

"That's a good girl. Now come on! Let's get dressed or we'll be late for school!"

The doe-eyed girl finished her pancakes and ran off to her room to get dressed, while Yuri watched her.

Hehe~ aigoooo~ not matter how stubborn this kid may she's so much like you Yoona-ah....

~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

I hung up the phone and was met with Tiffany-unnie's expectant smirk.

"Was that Yuri on the phone?"

I nodded.

"I wanted to make sure Minna wasn't giving her trouble this morning."

"Aigooo~ you guys sound like a married couple... Why don't you tie the knot already?"

I turned a dark shade of red.

"I love her but I don't know if I want to marry her..." I mumbled.

Tiffany-unnie laughed and pinched my cheeks, "Hahaha~ kyeopta! Our Yoong is so much fun to tease!"

"Aish. Stop it unnie! I'm not a kid!" I yell while flinching.

Tiffany-unnie continued to pinch my cheeks as I tried to squirm away from her touches.

"What's going on here?" asked Sica-unnie as she came into my dressing room.

"Omo~ JESSIE!! Our Yoongie~ here is going to get married~!" sang Tiffany-unnie.

Jessica-unnie stopped in her tracks.

She froze.

Her eyes were wide with fury burning within them and she gaped at me.

"YAH! YOU'RE GOING TO MARRY SOMEONE YOU MET NOT EVEN A YEAR AGO???!!!"

I winced at Jessica-unnie's loud voice.

"Aish quiet down Sica," said Tiffany-unnie who was covering her ears, "I was only joking..."

Jessica-unnie scowled at her fiancée and I frowned.

"Do you still not approve of Yuri, unnie?" I asked quietly, tears forming in my eyes.

Jessica-unnie was one of my most trusted friends and with Hyoyeon-unnie gone, I leaned on her more than ever.

With Yuri now also a very large part of my life...

It hurt to know that unnie still hadn't accepted Yuri as the one I truly loved...

All I wanted was for Jessica-unnie to accept her...

"I-I-... I didn't mean-... well-... I-... " stuttered Sica-unnie. I looked at her.

"Omo~ Yoona! Please don't cry~!" exclaimed Sica-unnie as she rushed over to me.

"Great now look at what you've done Jessie! You made Yoona cry!" said Tiffany-unnie as she rolled her eyes at her fiancée.

"Oh Yoong~ I'm sorry! Please stop crying! It's not that I don't approve of Yuri... It's just that... it's just... it's hard letting you be with someone else you know? I still see the fifteen-year-old Yoona. I just don't want you to get hurt..."

I wiped my tears away.

"Unnie... I'm not fifteen anymore. You have to trust me..."

Jessica-unnie my hair gently, "I'll try my best okay?"

"Hate to break the lovely moment but... the director just called for Yoona." said Tiffany-unnie.

"Let's go Sica-unnie! Fany-unnie! I want to finish quickly and go home to Yuri and Minna!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica POV

As I watched Yoona continue the photoshoot, I thought back to our conversation.

It was true that I still couldn't find it in my heart to accept Yuri.

But I knew the longer that I rejected Yuri, the more I'd be hurting Yoona.

The last thing I wanted to do was tear Yoona apart and have her choose between me and her girlfriend.

It was time I sat down and actually talked to Yuri.

To be honest, I didn't think the black pearl would last so long with Yoona. I had assumed that they would go strong for about a month or two until Yuri finally got tired of Yoona's hectic schedule and unmistakable fame.

Yoona barely had time for a relationship and not to mention she had a child to raise.

The longest I expected Yuri to stay was three months. I had been wrong.

Yuri had not only lasted through the craziness of Yoona's new book release, but she had also dealt with the whole ordeal of Kim AND managed to take care of Minna AND impress Yoona with her charms.

In no time Yoona had informed Tiffany and I that Yuri was moving in with the two deers.

As I watched their relationship grow though, the more I worried that Yuri would break Yoona's heart.

I couldn't even bear thinking about facing the heartbroken Yoona as she was so attached to Yuri now...

I sighed and got out my phone.

She picked up on the first ring.

"Yoboseyo? Jessica?"

"Hello Yuri, I'm sorry for interrupting you while you're working..."

"Oh no it's fine. The kids just left for morning recess and I was just about to take my break."

"Well then I'm glad you aren't busy. Do you have a moment to talk?"

"Sure thing. What can I help you with?"

"It's about your relationship with Yoona..."

Yuri was silent for a few seconds.

"What about it?"

"You're not dumb enough to not realize that I still can't come into acceptance of your relationship with her..."

"Look Jessica... I love her and she loves me. It's really not that complicated."

"I hear many people tell me that they are in love with Yoona every single day. I can't believe in anyone of them unless they prove it to me."

"And how am I supposed to that Jessica? I've been trying for months now. I've done all I can for Yoona and Minna. They're my life now."

I sighed deeply.

"I know that you are a part of their lives now. You've impacted them too much for me to tear you away from them. That's why I need to talk to you face to face. How does lunch sound?"

"I can get Victoria to look after my class I guess. Let me just run it by Taeyeon. I get out at noon."

"Perfect. I'll meet you at Seohyun's cafe."

I hung up and spent the rest of my morning carefully keeping an eye on Yoona.

Yoong~ I'm going to finally find out if she REALLY is the one for you...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri POV

Jessica was already there when I arrived. She was eating a salad and silently sipping coffee. Seohyun rushed to the table as soon as I sat down.

"Hey Hyunnie, I thought you had a lecture today?"

Seohyun shook her head, "It got cancelled. The proffessor wanted to give us a break before graduation. Should I get you the usual unnie?"

"That sounds great. Can I get a cream soda as well?"

"Sure thing unnie. I'll be right back!"

I sat down and faced Jessica who was eyeing me curiously.

The thing was I never really had a problem with Jessica. I mean she was one of Yoona's close friends and the unnie who cared for Yoona most second to Hyoyeon. I had to respect Jessica. She was the one that kept Yoona safe in the entertainment world.

But the problem was that she just couldn't accept me.

"Hey Sica, I'm sorry if I made you wait..."

Jessica set her cup of coffee down, "It's fine. I came early anyway."

Seohyun came with my cream soda and my regular order of lasgna. She also filled Jessica's cup with fresh coffee and then proceeded to leave us alone.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked as I dug into the delicious lasgna.

"I want to hear your determination Kwon Yuri. I want to make sure that you will never leave Yoona broken hearted..."

I put down my fork and looked at her. Jessica gave me an icy glare.

"You see Yuri, you're not the first person to have dated Yoona you know. You may be her first in other senses but you are not the first to have pursued the Im Yoona. Although I do admit you are the first have lasted for so long... Many people out there just want to use Yoona for her looks and her fame... and for common people like you, well... they want Yoona for money. It's not a secret that I still suspect you Yuri. I want to know if you're really not using Yoona and Minna for your own purposes..."

"I love her Jessica. I admit that I first did fall for her good looks, but that was just a crush, only the first step into our relationship..."

Jessica gripped her coffee mug tightly causing it to tremble. I continued.

"But that's not the Yoona I fell in love with. The girl who I love isn't just the famous young actress or the brilliant author or the beautiful model. The girl I fell in love with was a young girl who had recieved so much pain for the sake of other people's happiness. A fragile woman who had been tormented for so long and hid behind a mask of icy proffessionalism."

I stared at Jessica who was now eyeing me curiously. I inhaled deeply and started again.

"But at the same time she is a loving mother who was willing to sacrifice all she knew for her niece and a younger sister who loved her older sister so very much. The girl I fell in love with was Yoona who is both gentle and kind yet weak but at the same time she has a devotion to her loved ones that is strong. All I wanted was to try and ease some of her pain and bring her happiness. Yet as I was doing all I could do to bring her some happiness I felt myself falling into a bliss that I had never felt before. Anything that brought Yoona happiness made me happy."

"I'm not going to leave Yoona or Minna. I want to make Yoona happy. And right now even you cannot say she isn't happy with me. I'll stay as long as Yoona wants me to be there for her. I will continue taking care of my heart and my life."

The ice-princess took a sip of her coffee.

"Is that your determination Kwon Yuri?"

"Yes. It is."

Jessica suddenly broke into a huge smile.

"I can see that you care for her. For now that's enough. You've appeased me Yuri. I can allow your relationship with her now."

I smiled widely.

"However the moment you hurt her, I swear to you that I will chase you down and have you destroyed."

I nodded vigorously and went back to eating my meal. It tasted much better now that I had finally gotten Sica's approval.

"BUT. That doesn't mean I'll aprove you to marry her!"

I choked on my lasgna.

"W-Wh... WHAT DID YOU SAY??!!! Marry her??!!"

Jessica nodded.

"You still have to prove that you're worthy to marry my Yoona. And believe me, I won't let you do so very easily. If I find out that you even bring up the discussion of marriage with Yoona, I will skin you alive.

"I swear! I wasn't thinking about marrying her! Well... not yet anyway..."

"YAH! What do you mean not YET?!! YOU WILL NOT MARRY YOONA!!"

As Jessica and I bickered we both failed to notice that Jessica's phone shone brightly as she was receiving an incoming call...

~~~~~~~~~~

No One POV

The young girl clicked her tongue in frustration as she received the voicemail message again. She wondered what her older sister could be doing at this moment.

"Flight 231A to Korea! Now boarding!"

The girl gathered her luggage defeatedly and put away her phone.

"When I get to Korea... I will give unnie a piece of my mind..."

As she settled herself for the long flight, the young woman could finally relax. It had been a hectic week for her filled with an endless amount of schedules. As the flight attendants began to go over the safety procedures, the girl once again took out her phone.

Her wallpaper was of a young doe-eyed woman, smiling brightly at the camera. The owner of the phone smiled while tracing the picture of the doe-eyed woman.

"Ma'am you have to put all electronical devices away please," said a flight attendant.

The young girl nodded and hurriedly put it away. Soon the plane was taking off and the girl was drifting off to sleep...

I can't wait to see you again Yoona-ah... I missed you so much.

Keke~ you can finally see how much I've matured...

And I can't wait to see in person how much more beautiful you've gotten as well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my lovely readers! I'm sorry for the wait! But here's the latest update! As mentioned in the author note, I've been preoccupied with a bit of family stuff. (Thanks to all you that offered me your condolences. It means a lot. ^^)

Anyway I hope you all enjoy the update! And please do leave me some feedback! Your comments are what inspire me to keep on writing~!

Thank you all for reading and subscribing! <3