A Letter for Umma and Appa

Learning How to Love

*After a few years later*

Dear Umma and Appa,

This is Minna! I turned eleven years old today! ^^

We went to visit you and Appa but I was too busy taking care of Na-Eun to speak to you properly (she wouldn't stop trying to run away! T^T) so Yoona-umma said that I could write a letter instead. 

Did you know Na-Eun is already turning six?

It seems just like yesterday that Yoona-umma and Yuri-umma came back from the hospital with her. I still remember feeling so excited to become a big sister. I can still remember her crying through her first night her. Keke, I thought we would have to take her back to the hospital! But now Na-Eun is already in school! Right now she's entering her "independent" phase and tries to do everything on her own. But she's only six so I end up helping her. Like yesterday, I TOLD her she should watch the toast in the toaster over or else it would burn... She said she could do it herself but yeah she didn't watch it. And soon Na-Eun was crying about her burnt toast. So I had to give her MY perfectly toasted and buttered piece... -.-
Sometimes she gets a little annoying, but like any big sister I really love my baby sister :)

Oh and did I tell you what Auntie Fany's and Auntie Sica's twins did yesterday?!
Kekeke. They came over to our house yesterday for a small party for my birthday. They are only a year older than Na-Eun.
Stephanie, the older one and the quieter of the two, she LOVEs to get into small places like closets and "play hide-and-seek". Auntie Sica almost called the police becasue we thought she ran away. But Na-Eun found her sleeping in my closet. I think Stephanie definitely got Auntie Sica's sleeping genes haha!
The other twin is of course Sooyeon. She is like a mini-version of Auntie Tiffany, except probably 10xs more demanding! She LOVES pink and of course other girly things. Yesterday she wanted to test out her new make-up kit on me and Na-Eun.
I didn't dare let her near Na-Eun so I told her she could give me a makeover. I looked like a clown. I hope that Yuri-Umma won't show any of my friends... :/

Jungsu came over yesterday too with his new baby sister and of course his 3 other foster siblings. I think Auntie Taeyeon and Auntie Sunny are going to adopt them officially pretty soon though! 
Auntie Soo and Auntie Seo were supposed to come too. But their flight got delayed so they couldn't make it back to Korea. :(
I still can't believe that they got to spend a whole year at Paris! I bet Hana will have a lot of stories to tell us when she gets back home with her parents! The last time we talked on the phone, all Hana could blabber about was all the good food she got to eat! 
Haha! DEFINITELY Auntie Soo's daughter!

Auntie Krystal and Auntie Amber couldn't make it either.
They're still on one of their assignments in the states. But they sent me a cute little video message with their baby boy Kenny~
He's sooooooo cute~ But he's forgetting a lot of his Korean.
Keke hopefully he'll pick it up as soon as they get back to Korea though...

Let's see, what else...

I'm doing well in school! I'm the top one in the class! xD
Also you'll be happy to know that I joined  the school dance team~ We have a competition in a month and it's a piece that I choreographed~ Dx
I'm soooooooo nervous! But Yoona-umma is thrilled! She's even taking a break from her book tour to come see it!
And of course Yuri-umma and Na-Eun will be there to support me :(

Ohhhhhh and Appa don't get upset but a boy confessed to me >/////<
He just came up to me after school and said he likes me~!!!! 
It was sooooo weird and aigoooooo~ I'm still blushing! 

Yuri-umma was so upset though when I told her and Yoona-umma we were going to go see a movie together.
I thought she was going to break something.
Luckily Yoona-umma calmed her down.
I wonder what will happen when I get married.... *shudders*
I hope my future husband can take a beating! Ha!

OH! I forgot to tell you~ Yoona-umma I planted a small bed of white lilies in front of your headstones!
Now you'll always have white lilies umma! Isn't that great~! xD

Umma, Appa... 
To be honest I can't really remember most of the time I spent with you two.
I was so young when you both passed away. Some days I regret not remembering you... But Yoona-Umma and I talk about that a lot. She always tells me how much you both loved me. So when I looked at the picture of us together that sits on my table (right next to my current family photo) I can't help to think that I DO know you and I DO love you.
It's such a weird feeling to love people you don't particularly know.... But Umma, Appa I want to thank you.
You guys left me with a wonderful family!
I have never felt lonely or unloved in my whole entire life~
Sure sometimes they are annoying but I love both Yoona-Umma and Yuri-Umma very much! And of course I love Na-Eun!

Yoona-Umma always says that I was a gift from Umma and Appa to her. And that without me she could never have been this happy... But I think that the truth is that I was very blessed to have been able to meet Yoona-Umma.
Everday I realize just how important it is to have a loving family.
There are so many people and even kids my age that are so unhappy with their lives....

But Umma and Appa, I am so happy to be alive!
I am so happy to be able to go to school. I am happy to dance! I am happy to eat! I happy to take long walks with Yoona-Umma! I am happy to go running with Yuri-Umma! I am happy to watch hours and hours of Saturday morning cartoons with Na-Eun! 
However the biggest reason as to why I am so happy is that I am I happy that I know how to love!

Not like the love in "love stories" but really love.
I love looking forward to every day knowing I get to wake up and spend the rest of my life with everyone that I love.

This is turning out to be a very long letter...
So I will stop now. I think I've pretty much written all of what I have to say.
I hope you get this letter along with the hundreds of other ones I have written.
And one day I hope to see Appa and Umma along with Yoona-Umma and Yuri-Umma.
Maybe we can all go to the white lily field again?

Anyway I have to go now, Na-Eun and Yuri-Umma want to go play basketball at the park!
I need to beat Yuri-Umma or else I'm going to have to do the dishes for dinner tonight! Yikes!

Love,

Lee-Im Kwon Minna.

PS I hope Appa and Umma are dancing in heaven!