A Sinner's Repentance

Learning How to Love

A/N: Hello~! I finally got the last of my surgeries on my wrists! YAHOOOOO~! Sorry this chapter took so long as I was recovering. But I hope you enjoy it x)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

Yuri came back later than I had expected her to.

She walked in pale and an unreadable facial expression on her face.

"YUL-UMMA!!! YOU TOOK SOOOOO LONG~~! Umma and I had to drink water because we we're DYING of thirst~~~!" exclaimed Minna.

My little copy pouted and crossed her arms.

I had to giggle at my niece, she was so dramatic just like Hyoyeon-unnie had been.

Yuri immediately smiled at the little deer.

"I'm sorry sweetie..."

"Yuri-umma isn't forgiven. Hmpf." huffed Minna.

My niece turned away from Yuri, still crossing her arms and pouting.

But my girlfriend had her own trick up her sleeve.

She smiled and pulled out a bottle of strawberry milk from behind her.

"Not even if I got you strawberry milk???"

Minna's eyes grew wide as Yuri waved it in front of her. She smiled happily.

"WAHHH~! STRAWBERRY MILK~! YURI-UMMA IS THE BESTEST~!!!!!"

Minna reached for the milk but Yuri hid behind her back again.

My niece frowned.

"Nu uh Minna-ah. First you need to give me a kiss. Bobo~?"

My childish girlfriend pointed to her right cheek and waited for Minna to kiss her.

"MWAH~! I love you Yul-umma~!"

Yuri giggled and gave the milk to the excited girl.

"That's better!"

Minna rolled her eyes but nevertheless enjoyed the strawberry refreshment.

Yuri sat back down in the chair next to me.

She was really quiet though.

I reached over and held her hand.

"Hey Yul~ what's wrong?"

Yuri immediately smiled as not to worry me and she kissed my fingers.

"Nothing sweetheart, just... something at work..."

I frowned knowing she was lying. I sat up, groaning slightly from the medication they had given me and dragged her down towards my face.

"Don't lie to me Yul~. tell me what's wrong honey..." I whispered in her ear.

Yuri shivered but gently removed my hands away from her.

"Later okay Yoong? After Minna leaves..." she murmured

I looked over to Minna who was happily drinking her strawberry milk.

She was still engrossed in Running Man.

It didn't seem like she was paying much attention to us.

But from the look on Yuri's face, I knew better than to pry.

I sighed as she rested me back onto the pillows...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hellooooo~ YoonYul duo!" exclaimed Soo as she walked in with Seohyun.

"Shhhhhh~! You're going to wake up Minna pabo!" I say.

Minna was sleeping peacefully, curled up at my side.

She had her small arms wrapped around my waist and her head burried into my chest.

My niece had a content look on her face with her lips shaped into an "o".

"Awwwwww~! The little brat looks so quiet when- OW! What was that for?!" yelled Sooyoung as I slapped her.

"Don't call my niece a brat," I hissed.

My shikshin friend rubbed her arm.

"I was just joking Yoong~! Geez! That hurts! Violent much Im?"

I stuck my tongue out at her and Yuri laughed.

"You here to take Minna Soo?" asked Yul.

Sooyoung nodded, "Yep! I'll bring her back tomorrow morning though. When are you good to go Yoong?"

"I should be discharged by tomorrow."

"Cool~! Well then, I guess we'll leave you two. You sure you don't want to crash at my place Yuri? The hospital's kinda dull you know."

Yuri shook her head.

"No thanks I'd rather be here with Yoona. Ummm... but do you think I could borrow Seohyun for a sec?"

Soo looked confused but shrugged.

"I'll be in the car Hyunnie~."

She carried the sleeping Minna in her arms and left the room.

I finally faced Yuri who had been playing with her hands.

"So Yul what have you been hiding?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri POV

I froze as I looked up to see the lovely face of my girlfriend staring back at me.

Her normal warm brown doe-eyes were a mixture of worry and slight annoyance.

"Yuri-unnie... What's wrong?" asked Seohyun who looked at me with concerned eyes.

I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"... I... I just got a call... Seohyun-ah... it was from... our sister..."

Seohyun froze and dropped the water bottle she held in her hand.

"... W-W-What did you just say u-u-unnie?"

I took another deep breath.

"Our sister called Seohyun-ah..."

Yoona looked from me to Seohyun and then back to me, only to look back at Seohyun again.

"What's going on?" Yoona asked completely confused. "You guys have another sister? Since when"

Seohyun looked at me, tears slowly welling in her eyes.

I put one hand on her shoulder and she slowly nodded.

"Y-Y-Yuri-ah??" called Yoona. "You two are scaring me... What's going on?"

I then went on to explain to my girlfriend the tragedy that our family had gone through years ago.

My voice cracked several times, but I managed to explain everything to Yoona.

Seohyun listened quietly, while I talked, with tears running down her face.

After I had finished, Yoona was very quiet as she looked at her hands that rested on her lap.

She seemed to afraid to speak as she slowly looked up at me with her wide brown doe-eyes.

I smile reassuringly at her as I place my hands on her loveable cheeks.

:Don't cry Yoona-ah... that all happened in the past and right now I just want to focus on a future with you sweetie~..."

Yoona finally grinned and wiped away the tears from her eyes.

"... So cheesy Kwon Yuri..." she whispered softly as she kissed my hands.

"Only for you..." I responded.

"AHEM..."coughed a voice from behind us.

It was Seohyun looking down at her feet and blushing.

Yoona immediately pulled away and I pouted.

"I'm sorry to ruin the moment here unnies... but what did you actually say to her Yuri-unnie?"

I smacked my head at my kkabness as I realized I had left out the most important part.

"She lives in the States but she's in Korea for a business trip right now and she wanted to meet us. So I said yes to having dinner with her tomorrow evening."

Seohyun froze.

"YOU DID WHAT?!?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal POV

I nervously clutched a bouquet of fresh white lilies in my hands as I stepped into the hospital.

After my talk with Jessica-unnie last night, I knew exactly what I had to do.

That's why I practically dragged Jessica-unnie out of bed so she could drive me to the hospital where Yoona was.

Tiffany-unnie held my grumbling sister as the three of us made our way to the elevator.

"Why couldn't you have gone by yourself Krys?" muttered Sica-unnie as she leaned against Fany-unnie for support.

Tiffany-unnie just chuckled as she allowed my elder sister to snuggle into her neck.

I rolled my eyes.

"I need you to distract Kwon. She's going to murder me as soon as I step into that room..."

My future sister in-law gave me one of her eye-smiles.

"Krystal-ah... don't worry sweet heart, unnies will take care of Yuri. You just have to talk to Yoona arasso?"

My hands were trembling as we finally stepped out of the elevator and made our way toward her private room.

Luckily her room was the only on the floor and there were not many people in sight.

My footsteps slowly led me to her room where I found that the door was wide open.

Yoona lay on the large white bed with what appeared to be an IV attached to her.

Next to her, Yuri was sitting in a chair fast asleep.

Yoona smiled sweetly at her lover as she slept.

It brought a sharp pang of pain in my heart and I almost stopped myself from entering the room.

But I knew I had to do this sooner or later.

Jessica-unnie nudged me forward and I timidly stepped into the room.

Yoona's eyes immediately grew wide as she saw me enter.

"K-K-Krystal??!!"

Suddenly Yuri's eyes shot open and she jumped out of her chair, pinning me to the wall.

"Why the hell are you here Jung?" hissed Yuri menacingly.

I held up my hands in a sign of mercy but the black pearl didn't loosen her grip.

"Y-YUL!! Let her go! She can't breathe!!" exclaimed Yoona from the bed.

Yuri threw me to the ground with a groan.

"I... I j-j-just wanted t-t-to talk..." I cough out.

"That's what you said the last time wasn't it Jung?" sneered Yuri and I could see her aproach me again.

I braced myself for the impact but was surprised to not feel anything.

Jessica-unnie and Tiffany-unnie had finally stepped into the room and they were now holding Yuri back.

"WHOAH there Yuri! I know what she did was wrong but she's stil my sister..." said my sister.

Tiffany-unnie gently patted Yuri on the arm.

"Yuri-ah... Krystal just wants to talk to her. I promise you she won't do anything... Please calm down~!"

Yuri sighed and stopped struggling.

She faced Yoona.

"Fine, but only if that's okay with Yoong."

Yoona smiled at Yuri.

"It won't take long Yul, wait outside with Sica-unnie and Fany-unnie okay?"

Yuri pouted and gave Yoona a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll miss you Yoong~!"

The doe-eyed woman smiled.

"I won't be long..."

The trio left the room and I was now alone with Yoona.

"K-Krystal? Why don't you get off of the floor?"

I realized I was still sitting on the cold tiles from when Yuri had thrown me down.

"... I-.. I-... Okay..."

I got up and sat in the seat that Yuri had been in.

"Ummm... I-... got these for you... s-s-sorry they got messed up..."

The beautiful bouquet of white lilies were now falling apart after my encounter with Yuri.

Nevertheless Yoona smiled gratefully and took them.

"They're beautiful Krys and my favorite too~!"

"Glad you like them..." I replied.

"So..." said Yoona gazing at me, "what did you want to talk about?"

Yoona's big brown doe-eyes stared into mine and I looked away.

"I wanted to apologize Yoona-ah..."

She stiffened.

"... I-... I've been in love with you ever since I could remember... you changed me from being cold and heartless into a person with emotion. You made me smile and you gave me that warm tingly feeling in my belly. I never felt so happy before... You changed me Yoong..."

I took a deep breath.

"But after we graduated... you went through so much with Kim and Hyoyeon-unnie and your career and... just everything. I thought I wasn't strong enough or worthy enough to stand by your side... That's why I moved back to the States to make something of myself so you'd be proud of me... I left promising myself I would come back and when I did, I would make you happy... I would make us happy, by confessing to you."

My tears had started to fall by then.

"... B-B-But when I did come back... You had already found Yuri... it hurt so much Yoong... My heart hurt to see you with someone else... I was so jealous... I changed my whole life for you so I could be with you. To be worthy to be with you, but it was like you forgot about me. I was nothing more than a memory. And that's why I forced myself on you. I couldn't hold it back any longer. I wanted you. I needed to make you understand. I was so wrong Yoona..."

The room was silent except for my sniffles as I wiped my tears away.

"You and Yuri, you guys are meant to be. I see the way you look at her... it's the same way I wished you would look at me... I was selfish Yoona-ah. I wanted you because I thought that I was the only one that could make you happy. I never stopped to think of what you wanted... who you wanted to be with... But I think we both know that Yuri can make you happier than I could ever had."

I finally looked up at my deer and found that she also had tears in her eyes.

"I still want to be a part of your life. But not as a lover, just as your friend. All I ever wanted was to see you happy. And I think you've finally found your happiness with Yuri and Minna... that's why I'm letting you go... I-.., it's going to take me some time to get over you. But I hope you can be patient with me. Will you forgive me for what I've done?"

I was shocked to feel myself being pulled into an embrace.

The lovely sweet strawberry-scented smell of Yoona filled my nose as she wrapped her arms around me.

Her body was shaking from her sobs and her tears soaked into my hair.

"P-p-pabo! You're such an idiot Jung Soonjung! I could never be mad at you! You're my best friend and you're like a sister to me. Of course I forgive you! I'm so sorry I hurt you Krystal-ah... can you forgive me too?"

I grinned as I pulled away from her, wiping away her tears..

"Pabo. There's nothing to forgive Yoona-ah..."

Yoona smiled at me again and she hugged me one more time.

"UMMA~!" cheered a lively voice.

We both turned around to see Minna who was holding her Rilakkuma plushy in one hand and onto Yuri's hand in the other.

"Minna-ah! Come here sweetie!"

The small girl leapt into Yoona's arms and Yoona's face broke into a wide smile.

I got up from my seat.

"I'm going to go now Yoona. I'll see you around~"

Yoona nodded and waved at me.

I now faced Yuri and held out one hand.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was wrong of me. Please take good care of my best friend."

Yuri silently shook my hand and I made my way out of the room.

"Hey Krystal?" called out the black pearl.

I spun around to see Yuri biting her lips, as if fighting with herself.

"Listen, I invited Jessica and Tiffany out to dinner tonight with Soo and Seohyun. Would you like to come?"

I smiled, "That sounds great. I'll see you tonight."

My heart still ached as I left the hospital.

But it was now a dull ache.

One that was no longer bleeding, but healing.

There was a lighter more bubbly sensation in my heart now.

It hadn't been there in many years.

But I smiled when I realized what it was.

It was hope.

"Hey Krystal?" called out voice from behind me.

"Yeah Sica-unnie?"

She frowned as she studied me.

"Are you sure you're okay with how things turned out? I mean if you really love her, fight for her!"

I thought back to my high school days.

I thought back to my determination to change for Yoona.

I thought back to the day I arrived back in Korea.

I thought back to our kiss.

I thought back to what Sica-unnie had said last night.

None of these memories really struck a chord with me.

But one persistant memory remained.

The look on Yoona's face as she held my hand during graduation.

Slowly however my memory of her smile transformed into a much brighter one.

It was Yoona smiling happily as Yuri held her hand.

Yoona was watching her niece run ahead of her.

The look on her face when Minna embraced her.

And the moment Yuri kissed her cheek lovingly.

I would never be able to give her any of that...

She deserved the kind of happiness only Yuri could give her...

"Yeah unnie... I made the right choice... I'm hungry let's go grab something to eat!"

"But Krystal... I-

"The last one to the cafe is paying!!!"

I ran full speed ahead, leaving behind my elder sister who was complaining.

You've always been an angel, Yoona-ah.

The angel who saved me.

I was a fallen person, a sinner.

You saved a sinner like me.

Although I loved you, a sinner and an angel can never be.

So I'll admire you from afar.

Like a sinner turned into a devoteful follower of her only angel.