The Scent of Venison

Learning How to Love

Pardon my errors, but here's chapter 18~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal POV

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Gyuri was sitting in front of me.

Not in bed with me.

But eating dinner with us.

She smirked at me as she sat next to Amber who was in front of me.

"Omo! Aren't you Krystal Jung! The famous model!" she exclaimed.

"I... uhhh... ummm... yeah. I'm her," I stuttered.

Gyuri giggled and winked at me.

"Well you're much cuter in person Krystal-ah~!"

I blushed and drained another glass of wine.

It burned my throat.

"Uhhhh Krystal..." said Yoona next to me, "that was my glass..."

Oops.

"Oh... sorry Yoona-ah. Let me refill it."

As I got up to reach for the wine bottle, I could feel Gyuri giving Yoona a death glare.

I glanced at her and she sneered.

Oh God... This is does NOT look good...

What am I going to do? Should I tell Sooyoung?

How about Jessica-unnie? BUT how?!?!

"OMO!" squealed Gyuri, interrupting my thoughts.

"Aren' you THE IM YOONA!!! OMG Amber you didn't tell me we were going to dining with celebritites!!!!"

Yoona chuckled sweetly and held out a hand.

"It's nice to meet you Gyuri-ssi. Im Yoona..."

"OH. MY. GOD... I'm such a HUUUUGE fan! Kyaaaa~! I can't believe I got to shake hands with Im Yoona!!!"

"Unnieeee~" groaned Amber as she hid her face in her hands.

"What?" responded Gyuri cheerfully which was completely out of character.

Everyone around the table laughed at their interraction, but I couldn't help feeling uneasy as Gyuri continued to stare at me throughout the whole dinner.

Our food arrived shortly and I merely picked at my portion.

It was no matter though because the little girl on my lap, happily ate my food and grinned excitedly up at me.

"Krystal-unnie isn't going to eat?"

I shook my head.

"You can have my food Minna-ah. Unnie had a large lunch..."

Minna squealed.

"Yayyyyy~! Minna LOVES food~!"

I could only manage giving her a weak smile as she finished what was on my plate.

I... what in the world am I going to do?!?!

Should I even do something?

I mean we're at dinner... and it's not like she's doing anything.

For God's sake Gyuri is the life of the party here!

Everyone seems to be enjoying her company. No suspicions!

Not even from Sooyoung...

Maybe I'm imagining things? Or overeacting???

.....

God what am I saying? There is NO WAY in HELL Gyuri would act this way without a reason.

She's up to something...

And I got to stop her before she does anything.

"Excuse me but I have to use the washroom," said Gyuri suddenly bursting my internal conversation with myself.

"I'll come with!" added Sooyoung followed by Sica-unnie.

The trio left the room leaving me with a chance to breathe as I took another sip of wine.

"Unnnnieeee~!" whined Minna who started to squirm in my lap. "Something's vibrating in your pocket~!"

It was my phone and it seemed like I had a new text message...

From Gyuri...

To: Krystal
Fr: Gyuri

What a nice surprise to see you tonight my dear Krystal...
But I must say I've developed a strange craving for venison during dinner tonight.
Watch out for you deer Krystal-ah. You know hunting IS one of my hobbies~
Love you~!

I quickly put my phone away and tried to act naturally for the rest of the night.

.... What am I going to do???....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri POV

I got to say that Amber was nothing like I expected.

She was funny, cute, cheerful, and polite.

She really was the little energetic kkab sister that I longed for when I was younger.

Amber was fun-loving and adventurous much like me.

But at the same time she was sweet and cautious like Hyunnie.

There was no doubt in my mind that she wasn't my half-sister.

Screw the DNA test, I already loved this girl.

"So ummm... Yuri-unnie," started off Amber quietly.

The room was somewhat loud as Sooyoung and Taeyeon were engaged in a battle to win Jungu's attention. Amber had pulled me and Seohyun off to the side with a serious look on her face. Yoona leaned into me as she rested her head on my shoulder. Our hands were interwined as Amber took in a deep breath. I inched closer so I could hear her what she wanted to say, making Yoona whimper unhappily. I gave my deer a quick kiss before returning my attention back to Amber.

"Yeah Amber?"

"I... uhhh. I heard about... our mother."

My smile quickly became a frown at the mention of her.

Yoona gently squeezed my hand.

Seohyun looked down at her lap, blinking rapidly to hold her tears back.

Amber nervously began to fiddle with her fingers again.

"B-B-Before I came h-h-h-here... I went to g-g-g-go visit her at the institution. We t-t-talked. She r-r-remembered me... a little anyway. L-l-look, I know that perhaps it was rude of me to go visit... since... well since I'm the reason why she's in there... But I f-f-felt like I had to... I'm s-s-sorry. I should have probably asked for your permission first..."

I coughed clearning my throat.

"It's alright. I mean she is your mother too after all..."

The boyish girl shook her head vigorously.

"I-I-It's my fault she's in t-t-t-there..." said Amber as tears began to slowly trail down her cheeks.

"She h-h-h-had me and that's w-w-w-why she w-w-went crazy... I tore apart y-y-y-your whole f-f-family. I'm so s-s-s-s-sorry... After I h-h-heard about my h-history. I j-j-just..."

She paused.

"I just r-r-r-really wanted to a-a-apologize. I had to m-m-meet you... My adoptive p-parents hid a lot from me. It wasn't until recently I... f-f-found out... I've n-n-never felt so g-g-g-guilty before... I'm the r-r-reason for y-y-your family's pain and t-t-torment.
I'm s-s-s-so s-s-s-sorry... Please f-f-forgive me."

Amber broke down into silent sobs and I quickly rushed over to her side, holding her tightly to my chest.

Luckily no one had noticed as they were all distracted by Sooyoung and Taeyeon.

It seemed that Seohyun and Yoona were the only ones to witness to Amber's break down along with me.

Seohyun was trying to hold her tears back by biting her lip. She had always been the mature one.

In contrast, my lovely sensitive girlfriend already had a flow of the salty liquid running down her beautiful face.

"A-A-Aniyo...Amber-ah... Seohyun and I don't blame you for anything. You were born unexpectedly. But it would be unfair to blame you for all that our family went through. You're our sister Amber-ah, there's no doubt about that. We don't blame you for anything. I don't think umma does either.  Umma didn't abort you and there's a reason for that. She wanted you to grow up healthy and strong. She wanted you to live a full life, filled with happiness. So please don't cry Amber-ah. Or you'll let umma's last wish go to waste..."

Amber continued to cry silently. She kept mumbling sorry underneath her breath and I did what any other older sister would do. I held her close to me and rubbed her back soothingly.

In that moment I came to a conclusion.

Perhaps the reason Seohyun and I never healed from our family's tragedy was because we had never been whole to begin with.

I realized that Amber was just as affected as the two of us were.

She couldn't move on with her life and neither could we.

We were all chained by our dark past. We had to move forward together, the three of us.

"Shhhh~... it's alright Amber. We'll get through this together... You, me, Seohyun, and umma..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No One POV

It was getting quite late as the restaurant was ready to close for the day.

Jungsu was quite lost in dreamland in Taeyeon's arms, his thumb.

Minna was also asleep in Yuri's arms, snuggled cutely in the Black Pearl's arms.

"I guess it's time to go then huh?" asked Sooyoung stretching as she got up.

The women in the room all nodded tiredly.

It had been an enjoyable dinner but a long one.

Yuri hugged Amber one more time.

"I'll be busy for the next week because of JeTi's wedding. But why don't we drop by and visit mom and dad sometime tomorrow?"

Seohyun nodded eagerly agreeing.

"I agree with Yuri-unnie. We should go together~!"

Amber smiled happily.

"I don't have anything tomorrow so that sounds great!"

"Hey Amber, why don't you come to our wedding?" asked Tiffany suddenly.

All eyes in the room grew wide as they stared back at the future Mrs. Jung.

"What?" said Tiffany innocently. "We basically invited the whole of Seoul, what's with another guest? Sides that way maybe Amber and Gyuri can help us with the last minute planning. And it gives time for Amber to bond with Yuri and Seohyun. The wedding is in 10 days though~"

Gyuri clapped her hands and squealed excitedly.

"That sounds like so much fun~! Amber and I are actually interior designers, so we'd totally help out with decorations!"

"Sounds good to me too," responded Amber with a shrug.

Jessica also gave her aproval thus setting the plan in stone.

And soon everyone slowly started to trail out of the room.

However one person remained unmoving in her chair.

Krystal continued to remain seated with disbelief evident in her eyes.

"Yo Krys! We're leaving dude!" yelled Sooyoung.

Krystal shook herself from her stupor and quickly followed Jessica who was giving her a strange look.

"Well Sunny and I are going to go now. Bye guys!" exclaimed Taeyeon.

The danshin duo held hands as they walked towards their car with Junsu fast asleep.

Sooyoung also waved at the crowd.

"Hyunnie and I are going to go too! Bye Yoong! Krys! JeTi! Yul! Nice meeting you Gyuri and Amber!" 

"Bye unnies! Bye Amber!" said Seohyun happily following Sooyoung.

Gyuri yawned largely.

"And I had a LONG night yesterday and a hectic day too! Amber let's go! It was nice meeting you all~!"

Amber nodded.

"It was nice meeting you! I'll see you tomorrow!"

JeTi followed shortly after them with Krystal who still seemed to be in a daze.

Yuri smiled sweetly at Yoona as she held her girlfriend's hand in her free one.

Taecyeon and Nickhun had gone to get the car as Chansung, Wooyoung, and Junsu stayed behind with YoonYulMin.

"Well that was an exciting night huh?" asked Yuri.

Yoona nodded.

"It was nice meeting Amber and Gyuri-ssi... But I wonder what was wrong with Krystal? She seemed out of it tonight..."

Yuri shrugged.

"Beats me! But she seemed slightly bothered by Gyuri... Can't blame her though. Gyuri was all up in her grill."

The doe-eyed woman nodded nonchalantly.

"Hmmm... Well hope everything's all right..."

"I'm pretty sure Krys is fine babe. Sides maybe it's good for her that someone else is interested in he."

Yoona laughed at Yuri who seemed slightly jealous.

"Don't get so worked up Yul~! My heart belongs to you honey~!"

She leaned in to give the Black Pearl a quick kiss on the cheek.

Yuri grinned goofily.

"I know sweetie. Anyway enough about Krystal and Gyuri. Are you feeling all right now?"

Throughout the evening Yoona had felt slightly nauseous.

"I'm fine Yul. All better now!"

"Are you sure? We could stop by the hospital if you want..."

Yoona shook her head.

"Right now I just want to go home and sleep. Tomorrow's my day off and I want to go visit Hyo-unnie and Hyuk-oppa."

Yuri smiled a bit sadly.

"It's holiday tomorrow so Minna will be home too... I'm going with Seo and Amber to visit Appa, Why don't we go together?"

"Sounds good Yul~! Come on I see Taec-oppa, let's go home!"

The two left together with Minna still completely lost in her dreams...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

However in a rented apartment in the inner heart of the city Park Gyuri stood at her window.

She was dressed in her night gown and she had her phone in one hand.

Krystal's number shown in the darkness of her bedroom as woman drummed her fingers on the screen of her phone.

"Jung Soojung... I am going to crush your happiness. Mark my words... I am going to CRUSH Im Yoona once and for all."