The Melting Ice and the Burning Fire

Learning How to Love

No One POV

Krystal Jung groaned as she woke from the constant ringing of her cellphone.

"Hey babe... are you going to get that?" asked a sleepy voice that came from beside her.

The younger ice princess jumped as she realized that she was in a bed.

Undressed.

With another person.

God... what the hell happened?

Her phone rang again and this time she reached for it, groaning.

"Hello?"

"YAH! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU KRYSTAL SOOJUNG JUNG!!!"

Krystal winced at the loud voice.

"I'm busy..."

"WITH WHAT?! YOU AREN'T IN YOUR OFFICE!!!"

Krystal ruffled her hair in annoyment and tried to come up with an excuse.

"Well I'm still busy..."

"Whatever! You better get your sorry back home before I come hunt you down myself!!!!"

"Alright! I'll be home in an hour."

Krystal roughly hung up the phone and threw it into the pile of sheets next to her.

She sat up groggily as she tried to recall what had happened in the past few hours.

Instead of an explanation she was met with a huge painful headache.

Hangover.

"Heyyyyy~" said the other occupant.

The woman who was in bed with her sat up as well, trailing kisses down Krystal's neck and to her shoulder.

"It sounds like you have to go soon huh?" she whispered in a husky enticing voice.

Krystal shivered and faced the woman next to her.

"G-G-Gyuri?"

Gyuri winked and chuckled.

"The one and only babe! Why are you so surprised? You're that one that called me you know..."

Krystal tried to sort through her foggy mind in order to figure out what had actually taken place.

Apparently the "few" drinks she had dissolved the memories away.

"God... I don't remember anything..."

Gyuri laughed heartily.

"From the amount of drinks you had,,, I don't find it that surprising."

Suddenly Krystal was flipped onto her back with Gyuri straddling her.

Her head was still pounding.

"Maybe I should show you what we did to refreshen your memory?"

The smaller woman dove into Krystal's milky skin leaving a large love bite.

Krystal hissed in pain.

"OUCH!"

She threw Gyuri off of her body and got up from bed.

Krystal found her clothes scattered on the floor and began to pick them up, redressing hurriedly.

"Look Gyuri... I must've been drunk out of my mind to have slept with you."

The ice princess found her keys and got ready to leave.

"Truth is, I like someone else. It was wrong of me to have slept with you. I'm sorry but I need to go now."

Krystal zipped up her jacket and opened the door to leave.

But Gyuri's voice stopped her mid-step.

"Is it Yoona?"

Krystal looked to see that Gyuri was staring at her furiously.

Her hands were clenching the sheets tightly and she had tears coming out her eyes.

"You kept her name while we were in bed... You're still in love with her?"

"S-Still? What do you mean?"

Gyuri smiled sadly.

"You still don't remember who I am do you?"

Krystal was now confused.

"We had drinks together about a week ago and then we spent the night right?"

"Yes. But we've met before Jung Soojung..."

"H-H-How do you know my real name?"

Gyuri smirked.

"I've always liked your Korean name better..."

The ice-princess was frustrated.

She had to face her sister, parents, this awful hangover, and the huge mess she had created with Yoona.

She just didn't have the patience to deal with Gyuri calmly.

"Look Gyuri... I don't have time for any of your games! Unless you're going to te-

"GOD!!!! WHY CAN YOU NEVER NOTICE ME YOU IDIOT!!!!!"

Krystal was speechless.

Gyuri had tears in her eyes now.

"YOU NEVER NOTICED ME! ALL YOU THOUGHT OF WAS HER!"

"W-W-What are you talking about G-G-Gyuri? We've only j-j-just met!!"

Suddenly the crying woman on the bed stopped and gave Krystal a creepy smile.

"Well you know... I was the president of your fan club... Miss Ice-Princess... looks like things haven't really changed..."

Gyuri got out of bed and sauntered over to where Krystal now stood with wide open.

She trailed one finger from Krystal's jaw all the way down to her mid-thigh. The latter shivered at the touch.

Gyuri gripped Krystal's wrists tightly and pinned them over the girl's head.

"I never stopped loving you Soojung... I've been following you ever since high school. Always waiting for my chance to be with you. Dreaming of you my whole entire life. And now I finally get my chance... I want you so bad Soojung-ah... Be my lover."

Krystal was trapped in a lip-locking battle with Gyuri as the girl was aggresive.

She invaded Krystal's wet cavern fully, her tongue looking over every nook and cranny.

But her assault didn't stop at the ice-princess's mouth.

Gyuri roamed her hands all over Krystal's well-toned body making the latter moan out of her will.

She was about to slip her hands into Krystal's pants when Krystal finally came to her senses.

Her eyes flew wide-open as she threw Gyuri off of herself.

"What's wrong babe?" asked Gyuri confused.

Krystal was panting and shaking.

"G-Get away from me G-G-Gyuri..."

Gyuri's eyes narrowed as Krystal struggled to catch her breath.

"I-I'm sorry if you thought-... I sent-... look I'm sorry I played with your feelings. I love Yoona. I've always loved Yoona. I don't think it's ever going to change... I'm sorry. Thank you for being there for me but this is going to stop here. I can't sleep with you anymore. I'm really sorry Gyuri. I have to go now."

"So that's it?" called out Gyuri as Krystal made her way to the door again.

"Even in high school you've loved Yoona... But you missed you're chance Soojung. She's with someone else. So why can't you give me a chance?"

"I just can't Gyuri... I can't get over her yet. Please just leave me alone. I'm sorry Gyuri..."

With her final words Krystal rushed out of the room and to her car.

Gyuri was left alone in the room.

She stared out the window as Krystal drove away.

"I can promise to leave you alone Soojung... but I never said I'd leave Yoona alone..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica POV

I was pacing as I waited for Krystal to come back.

Tiffany was in the dining room entertaining my parents but I had taken a break to call my younger sister.

Where the hell is she?!?!

The noise from the dining room didn't cease as my mother's familiar laughter rang from the room.

But slowly it became quiet.

Until I heard my parents heading up the stairs.

"Hey Jessi..." called a voice from behind me.

"Hey Fany-ah," I greeted as she hugged me, "did you ditch my parents too?"

She chuckled, "They went upstairs to sleep sweetie."

"Haha~ I assumed. I'm sorry if they caused you troubled Fany, especially Mom..."

Tiffany shot me one of her breath taking eye-simples.

"They're going to be my parents in-law now Jessi; they weren't any trouble at all. Besides. it was nice spending some time with a mom again...." she trailed off sadly.

I pecked her lips softly and gave her concerned looked but she just smiled.

"So where's Krystal?"

"She said she was coming back now so she should be home soon."

"Where was she?"

"No idea... she didn't say."

We both continued to stare out the living room window and we finally saw a familiar car pull into our spacious driveway.

Tiffany got up to leave.

"I'm going to heat up some food okay? Be gentle with her..."

She gave me a kiss as I watched her walk away into the kitchen.

Suddenly the front door shut with a loud thud and I was face to face with my younger sister.

She seemed startled to see that I was still awake.

Krystal's hair was disheveled and she reeked of alcohol and .

"U-Unnie..." she stuttered nervously.

"Go take a shower... Be down in fifteen minutes," I say coldly.

Krystal merely nodded and ran up the stairs.

This was going to be a long night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were seated at the kitchen table now.

Krystal hungrily devoured her dinner as I sipped on the tea that Tiffany had made.

It had been quiet aside from the eating noises coming out of Krystal.

"Do you want some soup Krys?" asked Tiffany.

Krystal nodded and continued to shove rice down .

"If you don't eat slowly you're going to choke..." I warned.

My sister froze at the sound of my voice.

She looked up at me, her eyes filled with fear.

"U-Unnie... I... I didn't... I mean... I-

"Save your explanations for later Soojung. Finish your dinner first.

Krystal nodded and went back to eating.

But she soon finished and now the three of us faced empty plates in silence.

"Why did you do it?" I asked, causing Krystal to flinch slightly.

"Yoona means the world to you... why did you hurt her like that?"

She remained silent.

"Krystal, you're my baby sister... I know you better than anybody else. You're not the type of person to act like a jerk to your best friend and try to steal her away from her happiness. You're not selfish enough to go find some random chick to sleep with just because you're feeling unstatisfied. You're a good person Jung Soojung... so why did you do it?"

Krystal gave me a bitter smile as her eyes started to well with tears.

"I'm not a good person without Yoona, unnie..."

"What do you mean Soojung?"

"Unnie... Yoona meant... no she means the world to me. I was able to change because of her. She unknowingly turned me into a good person and I... I fell in love with her unnie. I love her so much  and now... she's found someone else. Without her... my world just doesn't make sense. I can't tell what's right from left. What's bad from good. I'm nothing without her."

I looked at Tiffany who was smiling sadly.

Krystal continued to cry as sobs slowly started to shake her body.

"I-I-I know that i-i-it isn't right... that I s-s-shouldn't... I s-s-s-should be h-h-h-h-happy for her. But I l-l-l-love her... I c-c-c-can't let her go..."

"W-W-WHAT AM S-S-S-SUPPOSED TO D-D-D-DO?!?!?"

Tiffany quickly comforted Krystal as she wrapped my younger sister into a warm embrace.

I on the other hand could only sigh.

"Jung Soojung, I'm going to be blunt and honest with you."

Krystal stopped her crying and looked at me.

"I may be your sister but there is no way I can justify your position in this situation. You've messed up quite badly. I understand you love Yoona but she has Yuri; you had no right to try and break them apart like that. What's even worse is that you decided to play with someone else instead of going straight to Yoona to apologize to her."

Krystal sniffled slightly.

"I can't take you seriously Krystal. If you really cared for Yoona you would have acted more rationally. You would have considered her feelings and not just your own. Love isn't acting on only your own feelings. It's acting upon the other person's feelings. I don't think you've grasped that point Krystal. So as much as I care for you, you've messed up big time. I can't help you out of this mess. You need to think  about what you've done and how you're going to fix it."

I got up from the table.

Tiffany gave my younger sister one last pat on the head as she entwined our fingers together.

We retreated towards our room and out of the kitchen.

"The rest is up to you Krystal Jung."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal POV

My elder sister was right.

There was no doubt that I was wrong.

But that didn't ease the pain I still felt in my heart.

I just couldn't get over her.

As selfish as it sounded... I just... had to have her.

But I knew I couldn't...

So what was I supposed to do?

"Love isn't acting on only your own feelings. It's acting upon the other person's feelings..."

Jessica-unnie's words rang in my mind.

Yoona-ah I love you so much...

But now I've hurt you.

I been judging my decisions based on my own feelings.

My lust and love for you have blinded me.

I haven't ever considered how you felt...

You smile so widely now.

You laugh so happily with her.

You were never that cheerful with me.

You look at her with such love in your eyes.

You touch her ever so gently.

You never look or touch me like that.

You must really love Yuri.

I guess she was with you when I couldn't be there...

I'm sorry Yoona-ah...

I made you cry.

I hurt you.

I've failed as your friend.

I'm not worthy to become your lover.

So I'm going to let you go Yoona-ah...

Wait for me...

Give me some more time and I'll tell you face to face.

Please hold on just a little bit more.

I love you Im Yoona.

And that's why I'm going to let you go.

Be happy with her Yoona-ah.

That's all I ever wanted.

For you to be happy.

Only fool wouldn't be able to see how content you are with Yuri.

Be happy Yoona.

I loved you, Yoona.

I love you Yoona.

I will always love you, Yoona.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri POV

*Earlier that evening*

Minna was happily sitting next Yoona.

Currently my two deer were watching the television.

Running Man was on and Minna giggled away as she watched her umma trying to take on Kim Jong Kook.

I held Yoona's hand gently kissing it ever so often.

"Yuuuuuuuuuul~!" whined Yoona.

She pouted at me as she pulled her hand away.

"That tickles~!"

I laughed.

"Sorry love, I can't help myself."

Yoona rolled her eyes at me and I planted a small kiss on her ruby red.

She was finally no longer pale as the color returned to her rosy cheeks.

"I'm glad you're feeling better Yoong."

My girlfriend smiled.

"I'm sorry if I worried you Yul..."

She trailed off frowning.

"But I wish I knew what caused such a reaction... I really can't remember anything..."

I gulped trying to swallow the guilt of knowing the cause.

But we had all agreed it would be better not to tell Yoona.

Instead of breaking my promise I kissed her hair gently.

"Don't force yourself Yoona-ah. What's important is that you're better now."

Yoona gave one of her charming smiles.

"Okay Yul, I'll trust you. I'm kind of thirsty, can you get me something to drink?"

"Of course love," I say as I get up from my seat.

"Minna-ah look after your umma okay?"

Minna sent me a peace sign and went back to chattering away about Running Man.

Yoona smiled sweetly at her niece, engaged in the conversation.

I laughed softly as I made my way down to the vending machine.

It was when I picked up the bottle of strawberry milk that my cellphone suddenly rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

The other line remained silent.

"Yoboseyo is anyone there?"

"... Ummm is this K-Kwon Yuri?"

"Uhh... Yes. Who are you? How did you get this number?"

"I... I don't know how to explain this but... I think I'm your younger sister..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I am so so so so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry this update took such a long time. I planned on having this up much sooner but see before I could finish my computer completely crashed. So it took a week to get it back. But now it's back~

I'm back~!

Please leave me a comment so I can know if you guys enjoyed the update kay?