Rivals & Lovers

Learning How to Love

No One POV

Yuri woke up to find her bed empty and she sat up in disappointment. Yoona should have been home by now...

The tanned girl got out of bed and walked out of the shared bedroom. Yuri reached the large living room and found a cute sight. Her girlfriend was sitting on the couch, fast asleep with Minna cuddling next to her sleeping aunt. Yoona was breathing evenly and deeply, popped open slightly. Minna on the other hand was giggling, occasionally poking the sleeping deer's cheeks.

"Minna-ah~ when did you wake up?"

"Just now," said Minna as she continued poking Yoona's cheeks. Yoona stirred slightly and groaned.

"I found umma on the couch so I wanted to wake her up~!"

Yuri chuckled, "But Minna-ah~ she got home so late last night. We should let her sleep okay??"

Minna pouted but stopped poking her, "Okay~ will umma be awake later?"

The black pearl nodded and gestured her to be quiet as she carefully picked Yoona up from the couch. Yoona cutely snuggled closer into the crook of Yuri's neck and whimpered slightly as the deer was lifted up from the couch. Yuri smiled at Yoona's clinginess before easing her down on the large bed. As Yuri was about to leave the room Yoona stirred again, this time sitting up.

Yoona yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Yuri~?" she called sleepily.

"Hey sweetie~ are you awake now?" asked Yuri sitting back down on the bed.

"Barely... I got home a couple of minutes ago... I must've fallen asleep while waiting for you two to get up..."

Yuri frowned and pinched Yoona's nose.

"Aigooo~ you silly deer. Go back to sleep... you must be tired."

"Okay Yul~ night-night," muttered Yoona as she went back to bed.

Yuri laughed at her adorable sleeping girlfriend and left Yoona to her dreams.

~~~~~~~~

Yoona was headed towards the studio for the variety show shooting with Changsung when Jessica called her.

"Yoboseyo? Sica-unnie?"

"Yoona-ah one of the new PDs messed up the schedules so it turns out that you're actually scheduled to film for tomorrow."

"So no filming today?"

"No, just the radio interview at 4. Krystal's flight should be here at 6 so we'll go to the airport from the studio kay?"

"Sounds good unnie. In that case, I'm going to go visit Yuri okay? And I'll pick them both up and take them to the studio."

"Alright... be careful Yoongie. Don't let the paparazzi catch you..."

"Bye unnie~ see you later!"

Yoona hung up the phone and headed towards Yuri's daycare. The deer hummed happily as she thought about her girlfriend and niece. It seemed like forever that she had gotten to spend time with both of them. In several minutes the daycare came into view and Yoona happily got out of the car.

She first headed towards the main office where Taeyeon and Sunny worked. Currently Sunny was in there, trying to settle down the screaming Jungsu as Taeyeon frantically tried to help her wife. It was a catastrophe with a crying baby and two crazy parents.

"TAEYEON-AH! GET HIS BOTTLE NOWWW!"

"I CAN'T FIND IT IN THIS MESS!!!"

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!"

"KIM TAEYEON!!!! NOWWWWW!!!"

Yoona walked into the office and quickly closed the door, watching this bizarre scene with curiousity.

"Omo what's going on guys?" asked Yoona but it seemed the danshin duo didn't hear her.

Yoona surveyed the mess of the room and located the bottle of milk on Taeyeon's desk, covered by stacks of papers. She reached into the mess and popped the bottle into the crying baby's wide mouth. Jungsu stopped crying immediately and led hungrily on the bottle.

"Aigo... that wa- YOONG?? What are you doing here?" asked Sunny.

Taeyeon was sweating profusedly, tired from the chaotic situation in her office moments ago. She hugged Yoona greatfully before slumping down onto her chair. The short dork starting to fan herself as Sunny also settled down on the couch in the room with Jungsu now happily drinking his milk.

"What are you doing here Yoona?" asked Taeyeon.

Yoona smiled, "I came to check up on my niece and Yuri, but I thought I should've asked you guys first for permission... It's alright right?"

"Shouldn't be a problem. Just don't disturb class okay?" said Sunny while winking.

Yoona stuck her tongue at the teasing SunYeon couple and left the office to head towards Yuri's classroom. As she walked down the long hallway, several teachers spotted her and blushed as they shyly asked for autographs and handshakes. At last Yoona reached Yuri's classroom and peeked inside to find it surprisingly empty. She carefully opened the door to find a shocking sight.

Yuri was in the classroom sharing a passionate kiss with another teacher...

Yoona felt her heart break into pieces and ran out of the classroom tears streaming down her face.

"Y-Yoona?!" yelled a loud voice from behind Yoona. It was Yuri.

Yuri ran after Yoona, sprinting towards the crying deer.

Yuri POV

Pabo Yul! Look what you did!!! You're such an idiot!!

I yelled at myself mentally as I ran after my girlfriend. I had to tell Yoona the truth before she went crying back to Jessica. Yoona had ran off to the playground, where the kids were currently playing at recess. I finally found her underneath a tree with her head burried in her knees.

"Yoona?"

She looked up to face me but looked away only to sob even harder. It hurt to watch the girl that I love cry... all because of a misunderstanding...

I clenched my fists in anger but managed to calm myself down as I once again faced the crying Yoona.

"Yoona I can explain! It's not what you think!"

"Explain what Yuri? That you've been cheating on me this whole time? That Minna and I mean nothing to you?"

"NOOOO! That's not it! Please Yoona you have to hear me out!"

"I don't care about what you have to say! I'm taking Minna with me! I never want to see your face again!" shouted Yoona as she got up from the ground.

Tears started to flow down my own face. I grabbed her arm before she could go anywhere. Yoona protested and squirmed when I captured her in my embrace, but I was determined to make her listen.

"Please Yoona... it was a misunderstanding. I would never cheat on you. You and Minna mean too much to me. You two are my life."

Yoona whimpered into my chest, "Then why were you kissing that girl??"

I sighed deeply, "That was my fault. Victoria has always had a crush on me and I made it clear for her to stay away from me but... seems like she didn't get the message. She confessed to me right now and she just kissed me. I was so surprised that I didn't know what to do..."

I lifted Yoona's chin up to look into her wide now red doe-eyes.

"Yoona-ah~ I love you too much to hurt you like that. I know I'll never feel the same way for anyone that I feel for you. So please believe me..."

I kissed her neck and up along her jawline, making her shiver. In moments I grinned in victory as she wrapped her arms around my neck and snuggled into our embrace.

"I-... I believe you Yuri. I'm sorry for overeacting..."

I then captured her irresistable lips and we shared a kiss with so much passion that in comparison Victoria's seemed like a friendly peck.

"Yoona-ssi?" called a voice from behind us.

We broke apart and I tensed to find Victoria. Yoona stared at her confused.

Victoria shifted uncomfortably as I continued to glare at her.

"I-..I-.. I'm sorry for w-w-what I've done. I didn't realize that you guys were dating. Please forgive me, I didn't mean to steal your girlfriend away from you... I'm actually a big fan of yours..."

"Is that all you can say when you made me break my girlfriend's heart?!?!?!" I yelled extremely angry now.

Victoria flinched, "I- I- I-... I don't know what to say..."

"Well you can buzz off now! Get the heck out of my face!" I shouted.

"Calm down Yul~," muttered Yoona as she hugged me.

I frowned at m girlfriend as Yoona faced Victoria smiling.

"It's okay Victoria-ssi. It's my fault for not making my relationship public with Yuri. But I can't risk that with the public..."

Yoona winked at Victoria, "You didn't know and you merely confessed to someone you like. There's no harm done. As long as you know that Yuri is mine."

"T-T-Thank you Yoona-ssi... you're too kind," mumbled Victoria as she blushed from Yoona's charms.

Oh brother... looks like Yoona has another fan now...

"Maybe one day you'll find another girl as great as my Yul," said Yoona brightly as Victoria blushed deeper.

"I think I already found one.." muttered Victoria underneath her breath.

"What did you say?" asked Yoona.

I had heard her however and walked up to her, grabbing her collar. Victoria gulped.

"You stay away from my girlfriend Song! She's mine!" I growled.

"Yuri... it's alright... let her go please..."

I threw Victoria to the ground, "Stay away from us SONG!"

Victoria scurried away fearfully leaving me panting and searing with anger. It was Yoona's giggle that pried me away from the retreating sight of Victoria. I frowned at my girlfriend.

"What are you laughing at Yoong?"

"Keke~ I didn't know my girlfriend could throw such mood swings~!" exclaimed Yoona.

"Yoonaaaaa~" I whined pouting.

"Aigoo~ kyeopta Yul~! First sad, then lovey dovey, then all jealous~! Kekeke~!"

"Don't tease me Yoona-ah!"

Yoona leaned to kiss me and I complied, but before our lips could touch we were interrupted by a familar voice.

"YOONA-UMMA!!"

Yoona immediately turned around to greet Minna.

"MINNA-AH! Come here!"

Minna ran to Yoona and quickly hugged her aunt tightly. Yoona covered Minna's faces with kisses making the little girl giggle. I watched in envy at the YoonMin interraction. Minna was always there to sweep away Yoona's attention from me... *pouts* >3<

"Why is umma here?"

"Umma's schedule got cancelled so I came to see how you were doing."

"Jinja? Umma's going to stay here?"

Yoona nodded making Minna squeal happily and jump up and down.

"Well," said Yoona, "that is IF Yuri-seonsaengnim let's me..."

MInna looked at me with wide eyes, "Seonsaengnim~ pleaaaaaase let umma stayyyy~!"

Yoona and I had taught Minna to address me as seonsaengnim at school and umma at home as we still wanted to keep our relationship a secret from most of the press.

"Fine... but Yoona-umma has to help out with class today!"

Minna shouted with glee and dragged Yoona back to the classroom as the kids came back in from recess.

"YAYAY! Umma can read to us~!"

"W-W-Wait.. Minna-ah~!"

I chuckled watching the flustered Yoona as a hoard of my students excitedly surrounded her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona was absolutely exhausted as the kids had worn her out. She was fast asleep next to me as I drove the three of us towards the studio. Minna was in the back seat humming happily as she had spent the whole afternoon with her friends and umma. Yoona had spent most of the time reading countless amounts of stories to the kids and afterwards she was running around playing tag with all the children. My class had enjoyed her immensely although Yoona was completely worn out.

"Yul-umma! Can Yoona-umma come EVERYDAY?"

I laughed, "Hahaha~ I don't think Yoona-umma can survive every single day with your energy sweetie."

"What do you mean Yul-umma?"

I gestured at the sleeping Yoona.

"Look at Yoona-umma, she's fast asleep Minna-ah. She's so tired~."

"Ohhh~ Yoona-umma is sleeping! When I get home I will give her strawberry ice cream, then she will be happy!"

"I'm pretty sure she'd like that a lot!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

I never knew I could be this tired. Those kids were such a handful. The radio interview had ended quickly and smoothly as I answered all the question professionally, since Sica-unnie had them all written down beforehand. Now we all headed towards the airport to pick up Krystal. I was so excited to see her again! It had been a while since I had a chance to talk to her.

"So what's the younger Jung like?" asked Yuri as she propped her chin on my shoulder.

"Well she's nothing like Sica-unnie," I replied giggling as Jessica glared at me.

"Her name's Krystal," said Sica-unnie. "She's the same age as Yoona, 22 and she looks more like Yoona than she looks like me. Krystal's been America for four years now I guess."

Yuri looked at Sica-unnie curiously waiting for her to continue the story.

"Krystal wasn't the most obedient kid. She was rebellious during her teenage years and my parents sent her to live with me in Korea when she was 15, hoping she'd straighten out. She stayed here until she was about 19, finishing high school and even enrolling in college. But after several weeks of attending college she suddenly said that she wanted to go back to the states. And like I said, she was a stubborn kid. She bought her ticket and went back a completely different person."

"Definitely doesn't sound like your sister Jessica," said Yuri.

I shook my head at Yuri, "Sica-unnie forgot to tell you the important parts. Krystal is stubborn just like her and cold to strangers and people she doesn't know. But she's really sweet once you get know her. She became a famous fashion designer and she wants to debut her works in Korea now."

"Wow Yoonige~ you know a lot about her huh?"

"Krystal and I used to be close. Before I met Soo, she was the only person that I knew in the entertainment world. Plus we were usually together since SIca-unnie enrolled her in the same high school as mine and dragged her around everywhere I went."

Tiffany-unnie glanced back from the passenger seat.

"Yoona was basically the one that turned the hard-headed Krystal into the responsible adult she is today."

"Unnie~" I whined at her, "all I did was become her friend..."

Jessica-unnie snickered, "Yeah you guys were so close though... definitely more than friends. What did she say to you before she left?"

I scrunched my nose trying to remember what Krystal had said.

"I changed for you Im Yoona... and I'm going to come back as a better person. A person you can be proud of... Wait for me."

"Yoongie-ah! You're spacing out again!"

Yuri was pouting at me and I giggled, kissing the pout away.

"Sorry Yul... just thinking about Krystal again. I can't wait to see her!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal POV

I was going to kill Sica-unnie as soon as I got my hands on her. I had been waiting at the airport for over an hour now!

Where could that lazy ice-princess be???

I sighed again as I took a seat next to my luggage and waited patiently for my older sister to come. My mind drifted off towards a fond memory with Yoona.

*Flashback to Yoona and Krystal during high school*

Krystal was on the roof again, trying to catch some sleep before first period began. Krystal yawned as she stretched on the ground, trying to soak up as much sun as she could. The sleepy girl was however interrupted by the loud bang of the door as Yoona came into view. Krystal groaned at her friend, covering her face with her arms.

"Yoona-ah~ how did you find me so quickly?"

Yoona had her arms on her hips. She seemed somewhat angry. The doe-eyed girl's hair was up in a pony-tail, out of her face. She wore the school uniform properly, the model student. Yoona was the queen on their high school campus. An all-star athlete, a drop-dead gorgeous beauty, an excelled student, admired by both teachers and students, and she was just a generally nice person. It was a question to all the students why the lazy ice-princess and the admired deer got along so well.

In contrast Krystal, although a good student, rarely paid attention in class. She talked back to her teachers and she never talked to the other students unless it was to ask them to move out of her way. Krystal was also a beauty but no one dared to say it her face or worse, confess, as everyone knew they would be shot down by the said girl. After all the girl was famous for her deadly icy glares. (A/N: must run in the family keke~)

There were rumors that said that Krystal was a delinquent and was sent to Korea to get rid of her bad habits of drinking and partying. Whether the rumors were true, no one knew. Krystal sure looked like one though. Her uniform was always messed up. Her hair was generally down, giving the teachers oppurtunities to write her up for detentions on not following the school dress code. She got into fights with the neighborhood gang and overall she was just an unsocial person. Krystal perferred being alone.

However Yoona would have none of that. The doe-eyed girl had promised Jessica she would change Krystal for good. Yoona believed that everyone could change, but that some people needed more help than others. At first Krystal treated Yoona very coldy, immediately giving herself enemies, but Yoona never stopped her mission. The doe-eyed girl made it her goal to include Krystal in every single activity that the school offered and even made her pay attention and take notes in class.

Although Krystal did this all unwillingly, there was no doubt that she was slowly changing. The ice-princess was silent but no longer back-talking her classmates and teachers. She even managed to stay awake for half the school day, no longer sleeping through all of it. Progress was progress and Yoona was happy with it. But now Yoona had another mission, getting Krystal to follow the dress code.

"Krys! I was looking for you! Come on let's do you hair now!"

"MWO? You're going to do my HAIR?!"

Yoona nodded and rummaged through her hair to bring out a comb, brush, and a rubber band.

"No way! Get the hell out of here! I'm not letting you do my hair!!!"

"Come on pleaaaase Krystal???" whined Yoona while pouting. "Or else seonsaengnim will give you another detention!"

Krystal groaned in defeat as she couldn't resist the deer's pout. Soon Yoona was happily braiding Krystal's hair into a long plait as the latter scowled. When Yoona was done she tied a pretty blue ribbon on the end and smiled triumphantly.

"There! All done! Omo~! You look so pretty Krys!"

"Y-YAH! What's with the bow Yoona!"

Yoona shrugged and got up, dusting off her uniform, "I think it looks cute! And don't you dare take it our Krystal Jung! I worked hard on that you know!"

Krystal frowned but stopped herself from undoing the small bow. Yoona smiled brightly at Krystal and the latter blushed. Krystal had always thought that Yoona was a beauty. But now that her bangs and hair were out of the way she could clearly see that Yoona was not a beauty... she was a goddess. Krystal's heart fluttered and she looked away from the deer.

"Omo! We have to go to class or we're going to be late!"

Yoona grabbed Krystal's hand and ran towards their classroom before Krystal could protest. The ice-princess's heart continued to beat erratically as they ran down towards their room together.

*End of flashback*

Yep. That's right. I Krystal Jung had been in love with the Im Yoona since high school. She was my first love and as far as I was concerned she was going to be my last and only love. Although I had seen her on plenty of magazines and book covers in both Korea and the states, I coudln't wait to see her in person.

I checked my phone again and scowled when I noticed that unnie hadn't replied to my text yet. I threw the phone down and stared at the chaotic mess in the airport.

It was then a cute figure caught my sight. A girl of about four was running towards me with a huge smile on her face. She looked so much like Yoona. Cute~ ><

She stopped in front of me and bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Minna. Are you Krystal Jung unnie?"

"Uhhh yeah? How did you know?"

The little girl smiled widely and clapped her hands together before turning around.

"UMMA!! I found your friend!!!!"

I looked up to find a familiar doe-eyed woman walking towards me. It was Yoona. She smiled at me, waving. Behind her were the JeTi couple; Sica-unnie seemed to be trying to hide. I glared at her and smirked as unnie flinched slightly.

I cannot wait to make you pay for making me wait for so long...

"Krystal!" exclaimed Yoona as she hugged me. She smelled like strawberries. ^^

"Hey Yoong!"

Yoona gestured toward the little girl, "I see you've met my niece, Minna."

Minna waved at me cutely and I smiled back.

"It's so great to see you again Yoona!" I exclaimed before hugging her again.

"Ahem," said a voice destroying our moment together.

I looked up to see a tanned woman I had never seen before.

"OH! That's right!" exclaimed Yoona, dragging the tanned girl over to me. "You guys haven't met before!"

The tanned girl looked at me curiously.

"Krystal-ah... this is my girlfriend Kwon Yuri."

GIRLFRIEND?!?!?! WHATTTTT?!?!?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my readers and subscribers!!! Another new update! I hope you all like it! Thank you for leaving me your wonderful comments from the last chapter. They inspired me to write keke~

So please don't hesistate to leave me comments because I really appreciate them and I get so much encouragement to write more!

Thank you all for reading and supporting my sequel! Love you all~! <3