Chapter 6

A Heart Divided

 

          A Heart Divided

_________________________________________♦ Chapter 6 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

          Goshh I really hate when he storms off while holding my hand. His legs are way longer than mine, so for every one step he takes I have to take two! I end up running trying to keep up, it's tiring!

“Oppa! Slow down, I'm getting tiered! I can't keep up with your fast pace remember!"

          He stops suddenly, making me crash hard into his arm, causing it to hurt my nose. His biceps are well built even though he doesn't show them often, so slamming my nose on to his biceps, plus the cold weather....well yea my nose hurts a lot right now.

“OUCH~! Yah! You didn't have to stop that suddenly” I say while I smacked his arm and rubbed my nose with my other hand. Onew grabs my chin, lifts it up as he leans in and looks closely at my face. His face just inches away from mine, he looks so gentle...ba-dump, ba-dump....why am I getting nervous all of a sudden? Stop it.

          He lets go of my face and says, “Your nose is fine.....are you alright? Did you catch your breath yet?" He says while smiling, trying to mock me for my lack of energy and speed.

 

Even though he's smiling, I've known him long enough to know when he's faking it.

“Are you mad at me?” I say cautiously. He looks at me carefully and says with a sigh, “No I'm not mad at you," he looks down at the floor and starts tapping it with the tip of his shoe, “I just......didn't like the way Jonghyun was pulling you...” He looks up at me and quickly says, “I mean you’re a girl after all! He should be more careful!”

           I look down because I'm kind off scared about what I'm going to tell him next and the reaction he might have. I know it’s probably the worst timing….but if I don’t say my true feelings now….I never will. It will be ok, hes my best friend, he will understand.

“Oppa...”

“There you go calling me 'Oppa' again...what do you want this time," He says while smiling cheesyly at me.

           Still looking down I say my next sentence slowly so I won’t stumble on my words, “You seem to be close to Jonghyun, are you really good friends with him or…… Are you just trying to be polite?”

“Well yea… We are good friends...why," His cheesy smile slowly turned into a cautious expression with a very, very slight smile, as if he’s trying to be casual.

“Can you help me?......I really like Jonghyun....so can you help me so he can also like me back...please,” I look up to look at him, and I become scared. His face has turned solid with an angered and Hateful expression. His face feels like its stabbing me slowly in the heart. I regret saying what I just said but it’s to late now. He takes a deep breath closing his eyes and swallows hard. He opens his eyes and says, “I will never help you to be with him.”