Chapter 15

A Heart Divided

 

          A Heart Divided

_________________________________________♦ Chapter 15 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

We're walking along the sides of the school gates. Our pace is slow... and quiet... It feels really awkward for me but Jonghyun looks completely relaxed next to me...

“You know...I really DID mean those words that I said back then,” he says as he brings his hand closer to mine. 

I blink my eyes fast at his words and I pull my hands slightly away from his. I stay looking at the ground.

“I do feel lonely if you’re not next to me...” The tone in his voice sounds serious as he speaks.

“And when your not next to me, all I can do is think about you...and I think about you constantly....every day since I first saw you.”

I look up shocked at his words. They just sound to good to be true. Does he really think about me? I become worry of his words and say, “But you only met me this month”

Jonghyun looks at me with his head slightly cocked sideways and a small pout, and he finally says with a sigh, “Yea....but that's only because I never found the right opportunity to talk to you before.”

“Why not?”

Jonghyun chuckles slightly and says, “You were always next to Onew.”

I bring my head down so Jonghyun won't see that even the mention of Onew's name makes me sad. But Jonghyun still noticed it anyways.

“You don't believe me do you?” He says with a disappointed tone in his voice.

“Well… It’s just….I'm not good at telling how a person really feels....I’ve realized that I don’t always see a persons true feelings, so I wouldn’t really know how you truly feel,”  I say as I look up at him to examine his face.

Jonghyun stays quiet and still for a while, but then he starts to chuckle slightly as he turns his head to me and says, “Well that’s why I’m telling you. You don’t have to figure it out. You just have to listen to my words. Sara I like you.”

I bite my bottom lip hard to stop my face from turning into the color of a red tomato. I look up to see Jonghyun staring at my lips while he slightly bites his, he looks up at my eyes and quickly lets go of his lip as he blinks his eyes hard. That was weird.

I finally open my nervous mouth and say, “When is it that you started liking me?”

Jonghyun scratches the back of his head and says, “Oh…..I never told you why I was smiling when I ate those cookies last night, right?”

“Hmm? Oh no,” I say as I my head sideways.

 

He avoided my question.


Author's Note:

Sorry the chapter is so short again and kinda boring. i just didn't have time today to extend it and make it longer ( ._.) hopefully i can write the next chapter soon and make it longer. Also, If you originally started reading this story on my Instagram account, tell me if you're also liking the edits/extensions I made on the original chapters ◠‿◠✿