Chapter 16

A Heart Divided

 

          A Heart Divided

_________________________________________♦ Chapter 16 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

“When is it that you started liking me?”

 

Jonghyun scratches the back of his head and says, “Oh…..I never told you why I was smiling when I ate those cookies last night, right?”

“Hmm? Oh no,” I say as I my head sideways.

 

He avoided my question.

 

He smiles at me and says, “They reminded me of you...”

I look at him confused, “Really? How come?”

His voice becomes exited as he hays, “Well it's simple. When you ate them how were they?”

I look at him still confused but answer anyways, “They were really sweet, and soft.

“Mhhmm,” Jonghyun nods his head and continues, “How about your mood?”

I look up to the sky as I try to recall, “Well I was feeling a little down before, but after eating them my mood went up again. They were really tasty~”

“Exactly! Those cookies in specific made you feel better right?!”

 

Well not exactly. I just really like sweets. But I don’t tell him that. He looks way too exited about the cookies. It’s kinda cute~.

 

“But I still don't get it, why would they remind you of me?”

Jonghyun sighs and says, “Because Sara, that's how you are too me,” He stops walking and pulls my hand also making me stop. “Just like the cookies, you’re soft and sweet, and you make me smile every time I see you or think of you. The same way you’re mood got better, mines also gets better when I’m with you.”

 

“Jonghyun…” I say while looking at his face. He looks gentle and kind, and his words sound sincere as they reach my heart, making me fall for him even more with every word. His hands are warm against my hands that are always cold.

“Sara… Will you go out with me, as my girlfriend?” He says as he pulls me by my hand closer to his body. I look at his warm tender dark brown, almost black eyes. I feel my heart drop at the words that I wanted to hear since the first time I saw him. This must be a dream. I look around to find a sign to tell me that this isn’t a dream…. And I find one.

I can see Onew clearly as he walks in the direction opposite of us. He didn’t even notice us. Instead he laughs with the same pretty unnie that he’s with. I look slowly back at Jonghyun as he waits for an answer.

I realize now that Onew has definitely left me and has moved on to something better. The man that once was my best friend and prince charming has turned my heart into a bitter and lonely cold heart, freezing as every day passes by. But the man in front of me right now, in this instant, has given me the warmth my heart needs as it brings me back to life.

 

“Sara?” Jonghyun whispers to me. In my eyes he appears like a shining light, like my salvation from this lonely world. Onew moved on…. So should I.

 

“Neh, I would really like to be your girlfriend,” I say awkwardly, and shy as I swallow down my nervousness. It’s the first time I ever had that asked to me, so my response wasn’t as calm or natural.

Jonghyun’s eyes slightly widen, but then a smirk appears in his lips as he starts to move his lips closer to mine.

Eotteoke? Is this going to be my first kiss? No~.

I quickly look down, not because I don’t want it, but because I don’t know what to do. I’ve never kissed any one before, what if I’m not good?

I feel Jonghyun’s arms wrap around me pulling me closer to his chest. I feel comforted inside his warm grasp. His heart beat is slow and calm, while mines races to break through my chest. But my heart seems to start adjusting to his, as it slows down and starts to match his heart pace.

Jonghyun sighs and says, “It’s ok, don’t be nervous. I’ll take care of you.”

 


Author's Note:

Hii Lovelies~ just to let you know;

  • a NEW character will debut on the next chapter, so go check out who it is in the Foreword ↖(^▽^)↗ 
  • next chapter will feature Onew's first POV!! (point of view)

 

thank you for reading my story and supporting so much, please don't get bored, its not over anytime soon! ◠‿◠✿