Chapter 13

A Heart Divided

 

          A Heart Divided

_________________________________________♦ Chapter 13 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

“Sara? Are you Ok?”

I snap back into reality again and turn to look at Jonghyun.

“Huh?” I look at him with open eyes. Jonghyun smiles softly as he reaches for my hands and brings them down. I look at my hands and realize that I was holding the cookie in my mouth the whole time.

“You were spacing out again,” He says as he wipes the little bit of crumbs that stuck to the corner of my lower lip. He has a sad and disappointed face on as he looks down and holds my hand in his hands.

“I don’t want you to be sad because of him anymore,” He looks back up at me and pushes the strands of hair in my face behind my right ear. He smiles softly at me and says, “I really like you Sara....did you know that?”

I look at him with widen eyes. Did he just say that?

Butterflies start forming in my stomach, and I get reminded of my feelings for Jonghyun. I have the biggest problem in my heart, and it stabs me deep inside, dividing me into two halves. I haven’t figured out yet if my heart belongs to Jonghyun like it did in the begging…. or is my heart actually just attached to Onew, and my true feelings for him are slowly awakening?

I feel divided between two things I really want. But I know I can't have them both.

Jonghyun sighs at my silence and says, “Here eat the cookies, they will make you feel better,” he stands up and picks up my book bag from the floor, “come on the bell is about to ring, I'll walk you to class.”

 

Those words sound oh so familiar.

 

As we walk to class, Jonghyun continues to try to make conversation with me to take my mind of Onew.

“Was the cookies I gave you good?” he asks with a smile on his face and high expectations.

“Neh! It was really tasty and sweet!”

“I thought you might like it...Just consider the sweetness as the feelings I have for you,” He says as he leans sideways resting his head on my shoulder. My face starts to turn a crimson red and I try to cover my face with the back of my head. Jonghyun gets up and starts to chuckle, “I’m sorry I should have said that so suddenly.” He bites his lower lip and I stalk it as he slowly brings it back out and says, “Actually when I tasted them last night, I started smiling like a fool.”

“Really why?” I look at him with a confused expression.

Jonghyun pauses as he examines my face and finally says, “I'll tell you later, right now you have to get in class and get good grades. Wait for me in front of the school gates after school…..actually I might get there first so I'll wait for you”

“Neh~”

He hands me my bag that he carried for me on the way to my class.

Jonghyun gives me a cute eye smile and let's go of my hand as he walks away backwards making sure I get into class.

.....Wait....he let go of my hand?

When did he even grab it in the first place? I can’t even remember...