Chapter 14

A Heart Divided

 

          A Heart Divided

_________________________________________♦ Chapter 14 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

*school bell rings*

 

Finally! Class is over! I was getting so drowsy, I couldn't keep my eyes open at all anymore. I gather my stuff quickly and head out the class.

“Onew Oppa~”

I halt suddenly as I hear those words. Dont turn around. Dont turn around. It’s no use my heart is in control now, and my heart wants to see who’s calling him and why.

I see that unnie that’s a year older than us skip her way to Onew. I hide behind one of the school pillars. Why did I hide?

I’m a little far away from them, but I can slightly hear what they are saying.

“Oppa, you told me to meet you at the school’s back gates, but since I found you now I guess I’ll walk with you there now~”

“Ah, neh. Are you ready to go?”

“Neh~”

“What do you mean you’re ready!? Where’s your coat and scarf?!”

“Oh, haha I ran out the house because I was supper late this morning, I didn’t even bother putting them on. Bet meh~ its ok I don’t really get that cold easily. Lets GO~”

“Hold up,” Onew grabs her arm as she starts walking and pulls her back. He takes off his coat and puts it on around her shoulders.

“Here. It’s still winter outside, doesn’t matter if you get cold or not. What kind of man would I be if I let you walk around in the cold like that?”

“Oppa has anyone ever told you that you’re just like Prince Charmin?”

Like? Didn’t you know, I AM PRINCE CHARMING”

 

They both start to giggle and walk away.

          I grab on to the scarf around my neck and remember all the times I had to fight with Onew so he can let me borrow his scarf. He gave his coat so her so easily with no hesitation.

 

I want to run out crying and yell at Onew for treating me like that.

I’m just over reacting. I have to tell myself that repeatedly to calm my nerves.

 

           I remember that Jonghyun told me to meet up with him so I start walking to the school gates. I see Jonghyun right away. He looks so cute standing there. He has his hands in his pockets and is looking around with big open eyes, I'm guessing he's looking to see if I'm coming.

“Jonghyun!” I yell out to him, to let him now that I'm coming. He looks at my direction and a big smile appears in his face, making me smile back at him. Yea he definitely knows how to make me feel better. It's hard to not like him when he keeps doing these kinds of things that just make me feel wanted. Onew said that Jonghyun only likes me for my innocence, and that he will leave me once he takes it from me. But I just can't believe Jonghyun's like that. It’s been one month since I’ve been hanging out with him and not once has he made any moves on me.

Unlike Onew. He’s making moves on all the girls. Maybe hes the real player

“OK I'm here! Sorry I had you waiting long, I tried getting here as fast as I could!” I lied.

“Please be quicker next time.”

I look up at him and give a small pout. Did I really make him wait that long?

“The quicker the better!” He says as he takes his hands out his pockets and crosses them over his chest.

I look down from embarrassment. I shouldn’t have eavesdropped on Onew and that Unnie, now Jonghyun is mad.

         Jonghyun unfolds his arms and holds my chin with his index finger and thumb, slightly lifting it up like they do in the movies, and he continues speaking, “Because the longer you take..... The lonelier I feel without you.”

 

Bu-dump...Bu-dump....

 

         My heart starts pounding hard and fast. I can feel my face turning bright red as he stares into my eyes. Jonghyun chuckles a little and says, “You’re blushing so much! Do my words really make you that happy?”

I realize now that he's just teasing me and I get even more red from embarrassment.

I move his hands away from my chin and say, “Please don't tease me like that and say such words when you don't mean them! Words like that are embarrassing to a girl like me.”

I look down as I cover my face with the back of my left hand and start to walk away. I remember Onew telling me that Jonghyun is a player as I walk.

“Wait Sara!"

Jonghyun grabs my arm and stand in front of me, forcing me to stop walking.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to offend you. I just wanted to make you laugh a little. Then you were supposed to playfully hit me on my arm, you know….. Like… In… The movies…”

 

I couldn’t help it, I start to giggle. That was just the cutest thing I ever heard~.

 

“I'm sorry, I guess that was really lame. Please just walk with me for a while, and forget what I just said. I just want to talk with you for a little bit...please?”

I smile at him brightly, “Ok~”

 

I wonder what he wants to talk about...


Author's Note:

Hello Lovelies~! POLL TIME! ok so who do you think is the REAL player? Prince Charming Onew? or Sweet words Jonghyun? Leave you're comments bellow dont be shy~