Chapter 16: Onew's POV

A Heart Divided

 

  A Heart Divided

__________________________________________________Chapter 16: Onew's POV ♦_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

“And then at the VERY END he shows up in some sort of green house and finds her! I seriously thought he DIED! I just started crying when he got shot~! And then seeing him alive~…..well….MY TEARS WOULDN’T STOP~ It was just so much to take in, my poor little heart couldn’t handle it!”

 

I look at Hyosung, just….confused for my life, “What the heck are you talking about?”

“YAH!” she yells as she hits my arm, “’CITY HUNTER’! I’m talking about ‘City Hunter’! Only the best action drama EVER! You weren’t listening to me at all were you? Aish, this boy. Yah! Why do you hang out with me if you’re just going to ignore me and tone me out! I know I talk a lot, BUT COME ON. I don’t like talking to myself!”

I start to laugh at her outburst. Hyosung is a really funny little girl. Well she’s not exactly a little girl. She’s my sunbae, but she acts as if she was my little sister.

“Ok ok! I’m sorry I won’t ignore you just stop hitting my arm its numb already and you’re making it hurt!” I say as I push her hands from hitting me. She likes to play fight a lot, she can be really violent at times.

“Of course your arm is numb, its cold outside and you don’t have your coat on,” she says as she holds the sleeve of my school uniform jacket; a red blazer, with navy blue buttons, and navy blue linings around the collar flaps and….what ever the  thing on the….AISH! Never mind! I don’t know how to describe the blazer and it’s not important.

“Exactly why do you think I don’t have a coat on? I gave it to you remember!” I say as I pull my arm away and grab on to the collar of my coat that she has on.

“I told you not to give it to me. I’m not even cold,” she says as she starts to the coat.

“What are you doing?!” I yell while putting the zipper back on.

“I don’t need it, I told you I’m not cold. Plus I know you need it more than me. I know how you’re sensitive to the cold and stuff,” She says as she makes a merong face ( :p ), obviously making fun of me for getting cold easily.

“Yah! I’m not sensitive to anything!...Its just always cold.”

“Arasseo, arasseo, what ever you say.”

 

Hyosung starts to tell me about another drama she watched and how emotional she got when the main guy told the girl he loves her.

           What’s so great about that? In real life confessing your love doesn’t always end well. In the end you just end up hurting the one you love and regretting every word you said.

I regret saying how I feel to….

Sara…

I look up to see ahead of me and I can see her with Jonghyun. I need to let her go.

            I grab onto Hyosung’s arm tightly and pull her closer to me, “Come lets go this way instead,” I say as I point to the way opposite of Sara’s direction, and then I start laughing for no reason like a mindless fool as I look at Hyosung. She stares at me with a what-the-heck-are-you-doing? face, and she says, “What the heck are you laughing at? Oppa I’m starting to worry about your mental state now.”

“Just forget it ok.”

She starts to turn around following the direction of my eyes but I quickly pull her so she won’t look.

 

She looks at me with sharp eyes as she tries to pull her arm away from mine. I don’t let her. I hold onto her arm tighter like a baby holds onto his security blanket.

She sighs deeply in disappointment of me and says, “You need to stop using me like that.”

“I’m sorry,” I bring my head down and feel ashamed for myself. I honestly don’t even know why I’m acting like that. I’m not trying to make Sara jealous, and I don’t want to hurt her either. I guess I just want her to forget about me. And I feel sorry to Hyosung for using her like this. She doesn’t deserve it either.

I’m just a mess without Sara, but I can’t go back to her now. I don’t want her to stop her life because she feels bad for me or pities me.

“Just go talk to her,” says Hyosung with tender eyes.

“No.”

“But why not!”

“Because I don’t want her to feel obligated to like me! She made it clear to me that she likes Jonghyun! I tried telling her not to like him anymore, but she insisted that she wanted to be with him because she thinks that ‘he likes her’……she just doesn’t have those feelings for me…and I don’t want her to pity me…I’d rather she hated me.”

Hyosung sighs deeply, “She won’t hate you no matter how much you use me or other girls to make her jealous.”

“I know.”

“Than go get her back!”

“She doesn’t like me,”

“How do you know that?”

“BECAUSE!... I just know.”

Hyosung stays quiet for a while and then finally says, “Let me ask you something. After you told her that you like her, did you let her give you a respond?”

I think about it and realized that I didn’t. I just left her.

I’m an idiot.

I turn around to see if Sara’s still there.

I feel as if someone reached into my chest and started squeezing my heart as they dig their claws deep inside. I feel as if my heart is slowly and painfully being ripped apart and taken out of my chest.

I turn to look at Hyosung as my body starts to shake. My lips tremble hard as I try to form my words, “Its to late, she’s no longer mine.”

I walk away from Hyosung.

And I walk away from Sara.

I walk away from the girl I love as her lips touch those of another man.


Author's Note:

NOoOoOoOoOo!!! Spring Break is over for me (´Oƪ) that means that updates to the story will be a little bit slower from now on (i hope not).

So how do you feel about the pretty unnie Hyosung? 

She's a kdrama fangirl kekeke~

(by the way; while writing the last bit of the chapter, the song Quasimodo by SHINee started playing on my computer. Oh you can imagine the feels~  (´Oƪ) *tears*)