Chapter 23

A Heart Divided

 

          A Heart Divided

_________________________________________♦ Chapter 23 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

♦Sara's POV♦


"Wahhhh~ I ate so much! I feel like I can't move" I complain to Jonghyun with a cutely voice as I hold my tummy.

He chuckles at my expression and reaches to hold my hand.

"Why do you feed me so much. If you keep giving me desserts like you did today, I really am going to gain weight" I say pouting my 
lips and poking his belly with my finger gently.

"I can't help it, you just look so happy and cute while you eat. I feel like I have to feed you more."

He takes out his phone and looks at the time.

"Oh I almost forgot, hurry!" he exclaimed as he held on to my hand tighter and pulled me through the bushes of a park we were
walking along on.

"Hurry, it's about to happen!" he says again.

"What's going to happen? And why are we going through here and not the pavement?"

He keeps running while pulling me along. Suddenly he stops and I find myself in a the middle of a small bridge over a pond.

"Sorry, for making you go through the bushes, but it was the fastest way to get here."

"what are we doing here?" I ask still confused.

"I wanted to show you something."

"really, what?"I ask out of curiosity.

He grabs my shoulders and turns me gently in the opposite way I was facing.

I'm struck in awe as I take in the scenery in front of me.

Above the tree tops and through it's branches and fallen leaves, with the pond reflecting it's colors and lights, I can see the sun setting slowly with beautiful colors across the sky as it slowly disappears in the horizon.

I stay silent, star struck at it's beauty.

"This is the only spot where you can see the sun set like that," Jonghyun says to me as he gives me a small and warm smile. 

"I've been wanting to show you it for a while, I thought you might like it," he says with an embarrassed smile.

"I loved it," I say smiling back at him, "it was really beautiful."

A moment of silence passes and Jonghyun finally speaks, "actually, I live nearby.... I was wondering if you would... maybe like to go to my house for a little bit."

His question for some reason took me by surprise. He wants me to go to his house?

I suddenly get a nervous feeling. But why am I nervous? I've been inside a guys house before all the time. After all Onew is a guy.

"S-sure" I say.

Jonghyun smiles with a sigh that kind of sounded of relief.

We walk for a little bit more, until we get to his house.

When we arrive a sudden knot forms in my throat and I suddenly feel nervous again.

I've only been to one guys house in my entire life, and it's been the same person every time. This is the first time I'll be going to a 
guys house who isn't Onew's.

As Jonghyun opens the frond door he leads me inside. His house is big and spacious, with a modern look. Exactly the way I imagined his home to look like.

It feels empty inside. To empty for my comfort, but I try to ignore this uneasy feeling.

"Come this way," he says leading me into his living room, "feel free to get as comfortable as you'd like, I'll go into the kitchen and 
get us something to drink. Unless you also want something to snack on." He smiles and I a give him a are-you-serious face.

"Yes, because I'm still hungry after all I've ate already," I say in a 
sarcastic tone rolling my eyes.

He laughs and turns around to go to the kitchen. I sit down on the edge of his sofa. Next to me is a side table with a pretty vase with red carnations in it.

In front is a long coffee table about the same length of the couch.

After a while Jonghyun comes back with two cups of apple juice, and some popcorn in a bowl on a silver tray.

He sits down next to me on the couch and puts the things down on the coffee table in front of us.

He tries to hold in his laughter as I eyeball the bowl of pop corn.

"Seriously" I say still looking at it.

"I'm sorry I just can't help it, I love feeding you for some reason."

"We need to find you a new obsession besides feeding me" I say as I take some pop corn in my mouth.

"Yea, says the girl who keeps eating everything happily," he says as he laughs.

For a moment it's quiet and Jonghyun seems to be deep in though. But something has been bothering me.

"Where are your parents?" I say interrupting his thought.

"Uhm....there not here"

"When will they be home?"

"Maybe not for another two days probably"

"Oh,"

I say lastly as silence falls over us again.


Author's Note:

 

Discussion: What do you think Jonghyun is thinking about towards the end?

 

Leave your comments below that i love reading them even thought i might not always have time to write back ><

but i do read each comment and it gives me encouragement​ ^^