First Day Fun (prechapter chapter)

Stuff 'nd More Stuff

*7:00AM in the Kim household*

The six children watched as their umma ran around the house in a frenzy.

"Okay, is everything ready? Backpacks? Pencils? Paper? Shoes? Clothes? Are you all dressed? Did you put on socks? Brush your teeth? Brush your hair? Eat your breakfast? Lunch? Wait! I never packed your lunches!!!" Ryeowook yelled and rushed to the kitchen, pulled out six lunchboxes, and ran around grabbing food.

Ryeowook was usually very calm and collected, but for whatever reason, whenever it was back to school time, he always lost his cool and ran around like a headless chicken.

Looking at each other, the bored little kids decided to follow their umma into the kitchen.

"Umma, I wan da one wif da snowman on it."

"I wan da deew one!"

"Did you gwab my unicown one?"

"I call dibs on da spawkly one!"

"Umma, I'm okai wif any lunchbox."

"Can TaoTao use da one dat Kris ge bought him?"

Ryeowook hummed and nodded in response to all his kids as he put the finishing touches on each lunch. "Okay, finished!"

"Minseok, Luhan, be sure to watch out for Kyungsoo and Tao, alright?" Ryeowook asked as he walked over to the counter to grab his coffee. He really needed it.

Xiumin nodded and huffed out his chest. "Of couwse, Umma."

"Mhmm! You can count on Xiu nd me to watch ovew TaoTao nd Kyungie!" Luhan agreed.

Ryeowook smiled and walked over to his two oldest boys, pulling them into a hug. After pulling back, he ruffled their hair. "Aww, my two big 3rd grade boys are so grown up now; looking after your younger brothers on their first day of school."

The two boys looked at each other and grinned before running over to the table to get their lunches.

"Wat bout me, Umma?" Lay asked while tugging on Ryeowook's shirt.

Picking up one of his middle sons, the older male gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You, little mister, will be in 2nd grade now. I'm so proud that you moved up! Try to stay awake this year, okay?" He only said that because Lay often liked to sleep in class and got zeroes in class participation.

Lay nodded and headed over to Xiumin and Luhan.

Baekhyun payed no mind as he stuck out his little tongue and applied the finishing touches of his eyeliner. "Pewfect!" he cheered. He had to look amazing for his first day of 1st grade after all.

"Aww, Baek, you look great! Knock 'em all out!" Ryeowook cheered.

Giving his best eye smile, Baekhyun hugged his umma before joining the other three boys by the table.

Finally, Ryeowook made his way to his two youngest. Tears began to well up in his eyes as he pulled them in for a big hug. "Aigoo my big babies are finally starting school! Be safe okay? Listen to Minseok and Luhan and the teacher and be good and make lots of friends, the good ones, and have lots of fun and... and..." the older male finally burst into tears.

Tao hugged his umma really hard while Kyungsoo patted his umma's back.

"Dun wowwy, Umma," Kyungsoo said.

Tao continued to hug his umma.

Ryeowook nodded and just continued to sob. "M-my babies are g-g-growing up!!!"

Suddenly, arms wrapped around the crying male and said male was hoisted to his feet. "Come on, Wookie. If you keep on crying, they're gonna miss the first day of school," Yesung said as he comforted his loving husband in a hug. Where he came from was a mystery...

Or maybe not.

All of the kids saw him come through the door.

Well, everyone except for Yixing who was going nuts over the rainbow cupcake that was packed as dessert in his lunch box.

Ryeowook sniffled. "Is that an option?"

☆☆☆

*meanwhile in the Cho household...*

"Okay, everyone, we are doing a final check!" Sungmin clapped his hands.

"Backpack, notebooks, paper, pencils?"

"Check~"

"Crayons, markers, erasers?"

"Check~"

"Clothes, socks, shoes?"

"On~"

"Breakfast?"

"Ated it~"

"Teeth brushed? Hair?"

"Bwushed~"

Sungmin nodded and looked over his children with pride, his eyes stopping on the two youngest. "Jongin, Sehun, be good boys, okay?"

Kai and Sehun smiled and nodded.

After hugging the both of them, Sungmin stood up and called out to the person in the kitchen. "Kyuhyunnie, did you finish packing the lunches?"

The sound of a pot hitting the floor and a yelp of pain was all he got in response.

Sungmin sighed.

"Don't worry, Min! In almost done!" Kyuhyun yelled back after hopping around a bit.

Kris yawned. The first day of school didn't excite him now that he was a 3rd grader. It just meant harder homework than the last year.

Suho smiled. He was hoping he would be in the same class as Lay again!

Chen stood there thinking. He had to plan out a whole new level of mischief so as not to be outclassed as the king of pranks by anyone else.

Chanyeol was half asleep. He stood there with a glazed look in his eyes. Sungmin wasn't really sure how he got ready, but he was pretty sure that his son definitely didn't brush his hair.

Kai bounced in his spot. "I can't wait to go to school!" he gushed to Sehun, who looked a little bored.

"Aww, c'mon, be mowe excited Sehunnie," Kai whined.

 

The youngest shrugged. He couldn't help the fact he wasn't excited. That was until Sehun realized that Krystal would be there too. But it was more fear than excitement.

Sehun ran over to his umma. "Umma, do I gotta go to thcool?" he asked.

Sungmin turned away from fixing Chanyeol's crazy hair to his youngest son. "Of course. Why? You don't wanna go any more?"

The youngest boy shook his head. "I no wanna go if Krythtal ith gonna be dewe," he answered honestly.

"You're so silly," Sungmin chuckled and ruffled Sehun's hair, "But you know, Luhan's gonna be there too."

Sehun brightened up. "Right! Pwinth Lulu ith gonna be dewe! I wan go thcool nao!"

At that moment, Kyuhyun decided to walk into the room dressed in his pretty purple apron, six lunchboxes in hand. He handed each of his kids their lunches and went to stand by his husband.

Sungmin grinned. "You know, you look pretty good in that apron. You should cook more often~"

"Oh shush it," Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and nudged the shorter male in the side. A hue of pink tinted his cheeks.

Grabbing onto his husband's arm, Sungmin looked up with sparkling eyes. "C'mooooooon~ You look totally amazing! Cook for me? Promise you'll cook for me? Maybe our own little private dinner?" he said suggestively.

Kyuhyun smirked. "Ooh, so does that mean we finally get a little umma and appa time?" he said and wrapped an arm around the shorter male's waist.

"Hmmm, maybe~"

"Duz dat mean we can't come?"

The two adults broke apart and looked between them to find a, now awake, little Chanyeol.

The five other kids were staring at their parents with expectant faces.

"Well, umma and appa time means time for Umma and Appa where Appa does certain things-" Kyuhyun's explanation was cut short as a hand came into contact with the back of his head.

"Oh Kyuhyun, you are so funny," Sungmin seethed, his face red from anger and embarrassment of what his significant other was about to tell their children. Their elementary school children.

Kris raised his eyebrow. "Wat waz funny, Umma? I dun get it."

"Me too," Chen agreed.

Sungmin took a deep breath and smiled. "Oh, just a little joke between your Appa," he reached up and gave a harsh tug on Kyuhyun's ear, "and me. You don't worry your cute little heads about it. Just worry about school and the fact that it's- OH MY GLOB YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE! EVERYONE GET INTO THE VROOM VROOM MACHINE! GET IN THE CAR! GET IN THE CAR!!!" Sungmin yelled and began running around, Kyuhyun's ear still in his grasp.

After about thirty seconds of panicking, Sungmin released Kyuhyun and herded everyone into the car.

What a great first day this was turning out to be.

☆☆☆

"Okay kids, be sure to listen to your teachers and be good and just be the great little boys I know you are, okay?" Ryeowook asked as he brushed imaginary dirt off of his six sons' clothes.

After about ten minutes of reasoning why Ryeowook couldn't homeschool the children, courtesy of Yesung, the eight of them got into their family van and drove to the local elementary school.

"Ne, Umma," all six kids chorused in a sing-song way.

Yesung smiled proudly. That's his children. His strange, funny, adorabe, weird, magical, panda, colorful, rainbow, unicorn, turtles, yeah turtles are so nice... Wait. What was he thinking about before turtles? "Wookie, what was I thinking about?" he asked his husband, who ignored him in favor of cooing over his children.

Ryeowook smiled and looked like he was about to cry again. "Kids, I want you all to- OH MY GLOB HIT THE FLOOR!!!" he yelled and threw his kids, with some help from Yesung, into the nearest bush before having the both of them jump into it as well.

Moments later a car screeched into the place the eight of them were previously standing.

"Everyone out! We're late! We're late!!!" Sungmin yelled as he flew out of the drivers seat and opened up one of the rear doors.

Seconds later, Kyuhyun came out of the drivers seat as well. "If you wanted to drive, you could have just said so you know. Instead of jumping out of your seat and taking over because I was, and I quote, "following the law." You could've killed us! Or gotten me arrested!"

Sungmin heard about two seconds of that rant because he was busy getting his kids out of the car. They could not be late on their first day. "Oh glob I hope you guys aren't late. That would be so so so so so SO bad."

"Uh... Sungmin?"

Blinking at the familiar voice, said male looked around until he spotted Ryeowook's head in a bush. "Wook? Why are you in a bush?"

"You almost ran us over," he deadpanned, "I had to throw everyone into this bush. But what are you talking about? It's only seven thirty."

"Omo, I'm so sorry I almost ran you over Wook!" Sungmin gushed as he pulled his dongsaeng out of the shrubbery. "But my watch says that it's five minutes past eight. Why would the time be different unless... Cho Jongdae!"

Chen froze at the sound of his name. He was probaby in super trouble now. "Uh... Come on Minnie, wet'z go find ouw classes!" he said as he grabbed Xiumin's hand and ran away, effectively pulling the baozi out of the bush.

Sungmin sighed. "He's grounded when he gets home. He's so grounded."

Tao popped his head out of the bush and blinked. "Kris ge!"

"Tao?" Kris called. "TaoTao, whewe awe you?"

"I'm in da bush, Gege. I'm stuck!" Tao whined and held out his arms.

"Dun wowwy TaoTao, Gege will get you out," Kris said as he grabbed onto Tao's arms and tried to pull him out.

Suho popped up next to Kris. "Lay? Lay, awe you in dewe too?"

"I'm hewe, Angew," a voice said from... behind?

Turning around, Suho saw Lay waving at him from inside his appa's van. "Lay, how'd you get into da car?"

Lay blinked. He wasn't sure. "I dunno."

Sehun curiously poked a shoe that was sticking out of the bush.

"Hey, who poked mai shoe?!" a voice that sounded like it belonged to Luhan, because it probably did, yelled.

Sehun tilted his head. "Huh? Whai doez dis bush sound like my Pwinth Lulu?"

Luhan perked up at the sound of his Sehunnie's voice and began wiggling around until he managed to fall out of the bush and onto the sidewalk. The older boy groaned and opened his eyes, only to come face to face with a curious Sehun. "Hi, Sehunnie~" Luhan smiled.

The younger boy smiled too. "Hi Lulu hyung. Whai wewe you in dat buth?"

"Cuz Ryeowook umma threw me in dewe."

"Oh. Okai."

Meanwhile, Kai was busy looking for his Kyungie hyung. "Hyung? Hyung? Kyungie hyung? Whewe awe you? Awe you in da bush too?" he asked and poked his head into the bush to look around. Kai blinked as he came face to face with Baekhyun.

"Kai! Omo, get me outta hewe!" Baekhyun yelled, relieved someone finally found him.

Kai blinked one more time before pulling out of the bush. That wasn't his Kyungie hyung.

"Kai!" Baekhyun screeched.

Hmm... now where was his Kyungie hyung...

"Jongin, up hewe!" a familiar voice yelled.

Kai looked up and saw Kyungsoo sitting on top of the bush. How was he not falling in? Oh well, Kai didn't care. He found his Kyungie hyung!

One problem though...

"Hyung," Kai whined, "I'm too showt! I can't reach you!" he yelled as he jumped up and down, trying to get to Kyungsoo.

Two minutes later, Kai ran over and started crying and begging his appa to save his Kyungie hyung before he died.

While that was happening, Chanyeol poked his head into the bush where Kai did previously. "Hi Baekie~"

Baekhyun sighed in relief. At least Chanyeol wouldn't leave him in a bush like stupid Kai did. "Channie, get me outta hewe pwease?"

Chanyeol grinned and was all to happy to pull Baekhyun out of the bush and onto the sidewalk.

"Thanks, Channie! You'we da bestest!" Baekhyun said and hugged Chanyeol. "Now wet'z go find ouw class! I hope we'we in da same one!"

The taller blushed and allowed himself to be pulled along.

By now, all the kids were running around trying to find their classrooms... even though they don't know where their classrooms were.

Ryeowook sighed. "I guess we have to find them now."

Sungmin nodded and Kyuhyun nodded.

"But..." Ryeowook furrowed his eyebrows, "I feel like we're forgetting something... What could it be?"

Sungmin hummed in agreement.

Kyuhyun blinked. Did they really not notice something so obvious?

"Uh... I don't mean to get in the way of your thinking, but Yesung has been stuck in this bush for a while," he said while pointing at a pair of flailing legs sticking out of the top of the bush.

Ryeowook gasped. "Oh my glob Sungie, I'm so sorry! Don't worry! We'll get you out!" he yelled and began tugging on one of Yesung's legs.

"We? Does that mean we have to help too?" Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin slapped the back of his husbands head before helping Ryeowook.

And so went the morning of the first day of school.

What else could happen?

 

 

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

*waves*

Hello dear subbies, from my #OLDSUBBIES to my #NEWSUBBIES.

I know it's been a while since my last actual update.

Did you like it?

Not too y?

But... this is a pre-chapter!

Do you know what this means?

THERE'S GONNA BE SIX NEW CHAPTERS AFTER THIS ONE!!!

That's right!

Taoris!

Xiuchen!

Hunhan!

Sulay!

Kaisoo!

Baekyeol!

*screams*

Are you all excited?

Well?

Well?

*coughs*

Anyway, I hope you look forward to Taoris, Xiuchen, Hunhan, Sulay, Kaisoo, and Baekyeol.

So anyway, time to get back to work.

Bye bye until my next update.

=(> ㅈ O)=