XV

Butterfly of Heat.

The maknae was smiling widely while he was looking down at the little human being that he was holding in his arms. The other three members of the group and their manager had gathered around the two, also wearing the biggest and brightest smiles on their face. The tallest had a hand placed on the boy’s shoulder.

 

“This is...” Jinki started but became immediately speechless the second he was standing next to the young man on the other side then were Minho stood.

 

Taemin let out a sigh that released the tension inside of him but he kept his eyes focused on the small thing in his arms and also that smile was still there. He took the tiny hand in his while his mind won’t stop wandering about how such a miracle could come to life. A tear of happiness rolled down his cheek and he bit his lip since this was something completely new for him.

 

The dancer lifted the child so it was about the height of his face and placed his lips on top of the baby’s forehead. His eyes were closed while he kept thinking of Kibum who was somewhere else in the hospital under close supervision of the doctors. The boy parted away from the soft skin and stared at the child recognizing already those full lips like the blonde guy has and went with his thumb lightly over them. Again he started to think of the missing guy.

 

“C-Can I hold it?” the short guy piped up.

 

Slowly the dancer turned around, nodding with a smile while he passed carefully the newborn over to him. But Taemin had it difficult to push away the thought that his child was actually born too early, but then again the doctors gave it a high chance of surviving. So there was a chance it would stay alive. Jonghyun smiled also his most puppy-like smile and it reminded them all of a proud grandfather who held his grandchild for the first time. But a nurse that knocked on the open door interrupted the little moment of the guys with the baby. She had a soft smile on her face while secretly admiring the idols in front of her.

 

“We can take you to the… mother?” she asked, a bit of hesitation in her voice when she had to say the word.

 

Both Taemin and Jonghyun nodded eagerly to the suggestion. They just can’t wait to see the blonde rapper again, healthy and awake.

 

“But we can only allow one person to enter the room,” she added, while she stepped closer to take the baby out of Jonghyun’s arm.

 

Both boys from Seoul glanced at each other but it was clear that it was the youngest that should go. All agreed with it and were left behind in the other room, hoping that soon they also could see the blonde guy. When the dancer, the nurse and the baby went to the rapper, Taemin was silent but inside his heart was beating and he thought that people could hear it. It didn’t take long before they were at the door and the nurse entered quietly with the baby. The brunette looked at the bed, hoping he would see Kibum awake and smiling at him, but unfortunately it wasn’t the case. His eyes were still closed and partly covered by the messy hair that fell over them, while he breathing was steady. The nurse laid their nameless baby in the small crib, tucking it in. A small smile cracked onto his face.

 

“You can wait here, but let him wake up by himself,” she said before leaving the room.

 

Once entirely gone, the maknae scooted closer taking his friend’s hand, giving it a gentle squeeze before letting his emotions go again.  Tears of joy rolled down his cheeks while he lifted the blonde’s hand, kissing it softly.

 

“Hyung…” he mumbled but couldn’t really continue since he was too overwhelmed by it.

 

 

-

 

 

Kibum heard something faintly in the room. It was a familiar voice, soothing someone by saying sweet words along with a couple of sighs. He tried his best to open his eyes, but the white reflecting light when he slightly opened his eyes was extremely painful. He groaned while his eyelashes were fluttering open but it was enough to make the younger man sitting next to him.

 

“Hyung?” the dancer asked a bit unsure about the situation.

 

Again the man groaned but he could open his eyes easier now but his body was still sore from all the lying down and especially his back when he was having pains. When the thought of the little baby invaded his mind, he was looking around but felt a hand on his chest. Right in front of him was Taemin standing, balancing on his arm the little baby and immediately he felt relief wash over him like a wave crashing into a shore.

 

“W-What? Taemin-ah?” the elder man asked quite confused but waited for the boy to tell him everything.

 

“You remember it happened during the night? We raced you to the hospital, but the doctors separated us. You were almost gone but you both are here,” he muttered while sitting down on the bed.

 

The blonde had to bite his lip while he slowly looked down at their little child. Instantly he noticed it was much smaller and lighter then a normal baby should be. He glanced back up to meet the younger that was ready to explain.

 

“She came a month to early. The doctors say it’s possible to live but we need come a bit more for controls,” the brunette said with that happy twinkle and wide smile on his face.

 

“She?” Kibum asked while the younger leaned closer to place a kiss on his lips.

 

“Yeah… it’s a girl,” the dancer said, pulling away while he still had the baby-girl in his arms.

 

“Can I hold her?” the elder one asked with his eyes focused on the girl.

 

Taemin immediately and carefully passed the baby to the man who brought her onto the world. The dancer would be lying if he doesn’t say he fell in love with that precious smile that was formed around the blonde’s lips. The rapper her tiny face gently with his index finger and he let something out between a sigh and a laugh. He his lips before looking up at the youngest member of their group who was leaning close and nuzzled his face in his friend’s neck.

 

“She is beautiful… just like you,” Taemin complimented him, making Kibum’s heart flutter like mad.

 

“Does she have a name yet?” he asked but he felt how the boy shook his head.