VI

Butterfly of Heat.

“Should we tell the rest?” the brunette asked after a few minutes.

 

The rapper looked up at his younger friend, loving the smile he had on his face and the playful twinkle in those dark-brown orbs. A smile was formed on his own lips and nodded. The blonde’s heart suddenly felt so light, like he was drunk; drunk on love. Together they stood up, the dancer helping him even when he didn’t really need it yet, but it was nice to know that he was fully taking his responsibility.

 

When they opened the door, the saw Jonghyun and Minho standing there ready to knock on it. The 2 that came out, just stood there, looking at the others with their eyes wide open, because for a second they though they had heard everything.

 

“Did you guys hear us?” Kibum asked in a very quiet voice, not like him at all.

 

To their luck the two both shook their heads.

 

“Get Jinki and we will come to the living room,” the youngest said, shocking the other two with how he suddenly acted.

 

The guys nodded and disappeared again. The blonde looked at him, smiling widely at how Taemin was acting. His heart fluttered so much because of that manly image he was displaying. Normally he is so cute at the dorm but lately he is turning into a matured version of himself.

 

“Are you sure you want to tell it?” the brunette asked, grabbing the other’s arms rougher then normal.

 

Taemin was trying to hide his excitement now, but also his slight discontent about the whole thing. Yes, he was extremely happy over the fact that he would be a father – even faster then he expected – but on the other side the fact that he child wasn’t coming from a loving relation, but from one build around need, was making him feel discontent. The blonde nodded to the question and slowly the younger let go of him, his tough lingering a bit longer then it should be. Kibum left him standing there in the hall, when he sighed deeply. He loves him so much, that it was literally driving him insane.

 

He also walked into the room, where the three were sitting on the couch, waiting for the blonde to actually start but the younger joined him, standing next to him.

 

“We need to tell you guys something,” Kibum started, looking at the guys that were smiling widely until Jonghyun raised his hand like a kid in class.

 

“You two are dating?” he asked with a big grin and you could see that the others were also hoping that would be thing why they are standing there.

 

“No,” both replied directly and with strong eyes that were boring holes in their skulls.

 

The guys were so scared suddenly because you never know what the rapper would do when he gets pissed. The blonde sighed deeply before recollecting the words he had in his head.

 

“Well… the real thing is that…I’m pregnant,” Kibum muttered and immediately looked at the youngest for help.

 

There fell a silence. A long and thick silence that wasn’t really going to break easy at the moment. The two were standing there and especially the blonde was getting anxious, until he felt a hand on his lower back, rubbing soothing circles. Minho’s eyes were bigger then plates and were about to fall out of his orbit. Jinki was biting really hard on his teeth, but further he didn’t give much away from what was happening inside him. Last one, Jonghyun, had his mouth wide open and it was a wonder his jaw didn’t break yet. It was silent…until Jinki let out a high-pitched noise. He couldn’t hold himself before he was laughing really hard.

 

All eyes were focused on the leader that was rolling off the couch and onto the floor right in front of the two.

 

“Hyung…?” Taemin asked, looking at the guy with big eyes.

 

“O-Oh come o-on! G-Guys c-can’t get preg…pregnant!” he laughed even harder when he said those words, hurting the blonde slightly but the dancer just wrapped his arms around the man from behind.

 

They were slightly disappointed in the way that their leader reacted to the news, but couldn’t hate him for it since it was something really rare. The tallest member of the group shook his head, waking up from his trance before looking down at the guy on the ground and back to the two standing.

 

“Euhm… Jinki-hyung. I once read it is possible that guys can get pregnant. Only they aren’t sure if it can happen without a failure,” the guy muttered and suddenly the leader was also quiet.

 

Then it struck him like lighting that, if he keeps the child, he may die and also that it wasn’t just a good joke. He immediately sat back on the couch, staring at the two guys in front of him.

 

“You guys aren’t joking right?”

 

Both shook their heads and Jinki was about to faint at that moment.

 

“But…are you going to keep it?”

 

By that time the blonde had sat himself down between the guys, while Taemin crawled in a corned of the couch. He silently admired the blonde who seemed to be so confident about his decision. After he replied the question, the dancer noticed that two pair of eyes were glancing at him once in a while, both coming from another direction. One side there was Jonghyun, who kept grinning the whole time, unless the blonde looked over at him. On the other side was the black haired rapper, smiling a bit subtler at the dancer who seemed to be far away in thoughts.

 

“Oh and… well me and Tae, we will be raising it together,” the middle one said, smiling to himself before looking at the other 3 guys.

 

Suddenly on all their faces a smile appeared, but as quickly as they came, they were gone again and they acted normal again. They are lucky that the two were too absorbed with their own thoughts so they didn’t saw them.

 

“Should we change rooms, Tae?” the tall rapper jokingly said while elbowing the dancer.

 

Only the younger man looked at him with big eyes.

 

“Why should we?” the brunette asked and drew also the attention from Kibum who had heard all.

 

“Why not?” the blonde questioned, looking at the boy who sighed.

 

A small smile appeared on the younger’s face and suddenly gave in. The other three shared a smile.

 

 

-

 

 

That evening they were occupied with moving the clothes and important belongings of them over from rooms. While Jinki was trying to coordinate them all so everything would go right, their manager came back. He dropped his bag the moment he saw that they were basically moving mattresses and heaps of clothing.

 

“What is happening here?” he shouted and probably woke up the rest of the building with it.

 

They all stopped their actions, staring at the man, while in the hall they were stuck with the mattress of Minho that was about to enter Jonghyun’s room. They all looked at each other, because someone needed to explain, but in the end it was the tallest guy that spoke up.

 

“Hyung, well see me and Taemin are changing rooms because well…” he started full of confidence but then had to look around to find a solution coming from the other guys, but they were just as clueless he was.

 

Their manager was starting lose his patience while they boys were searching for a proper excuse and not ‘because one is pregnant and we want them to be a couple’ or just the first part for the two that were about to share a room.

 

“Because Taemin thinks there is a ghost in our room. We can’t let him have bad dreams because of that and Minho was willing to change so, that’s why,” Jonghyun came to the rescue and all were now hoping he would believe it.

 

For a second it looked like their cover would be blown now, since the manager looked at them with a raised eyebrow. Seconds passed by and they still stood there like statues in the middle of the hall. (Read: the most awkward image thing that can happen when you get busted for something and you’re lying.) The eldest man just shrugged it off with a ‘whatever’ before taking place on the couch and flipped the TV.

 

“You’re here tonight, hyung?” the leader asked, making sure if he had to sleep with the man yes or no.

 

“Otherwise I wouldn’t switch the TV on, take my shoes off and have a bag with clothes with me,” the man replied followed by a deep sigh since this day was rather tiresome since he had probably been so much in the van.

 

Quickly they continued the move and in less then half an hour they had moved and installed themselves. They were all minding their own business from then on. Jinki, Minho and Jonghyun were in their game room, playing some one-on-one games while the other two were in their new room. The dancer was already in his pyjamas, texting one of his friends of the company while yawning widely. From his bed the other was watching him and found him so extremely cute at that moment. He was lying on his stomach, until the brunette saw it.

 

“Hyung, turn around,” he said with a cheeky smile on his face, finally putting away his phone before getting closer and sat down next to his friend.

 

“Why should I?” Kibum replied with a slight hint of fake-arrogance that was hidden.

 

“I’m not stupid, okay? It is starting to grow… wait how far are you now?” the younger asked while the blonde slowly turned around.

 

“When was the last time we did?” was the other’s simple retort.

 

“4…weeks?” the maknae replied a bit hesitating but then nodded to himself but then he knew that things were getting more and more real now, “you waited 2 more weeks to actually see the doctor?”

 

A deep sigh was all he got as a response. The elder one turned away from him, facing the wall instead of the young guy. Unconsciously he had placed a hand on his own stomach, smiling when he though about the fact he was carrying a miracle. He felt how the bed dipped in more and a warm body was pressed against his back, along with a hand that was underneath his shirt. It was so sudden that the youngest started to draw small hearts on his stomach. Before Taemin really registered it, the other had turned around and their faces were dangerously close. Both were hypnotized by how those tempting lips were almost on theirs. They moved only a slightly bit closer; their kiss was almost reality.

 

“S-Sorry. But well… remember our promise?” Taemin then said, breaking his own heart a little by saying it but it was the truth since their promise was something important.

 

A deep sigh escaped the elder’s lips before disappointed looking down. The younger made himself out of the bed and went his own one now.

 

“It’s just like the older times, when we still shared a room with Jinki-hyung,” the dancer muttered, hoping the other was listening but he didn’t get a response.

 

After taking a deep breath he also tried to fall asleep but it wasn’t the easiest thing to do at the moment. So many emotions were playing up driving him from a ‘crazy-in-love’ teenager to deep regret for not kissing him to the excitement of the news.

 

“Tae?” was the soft mumbled coming from the other bed.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight, princess.”

 

Normally Kibum would react to that, but he was too tired to actually burst out over that nickname.

 

(Oh yes... I skipped 2 weeks on purpose... /grabs nature science course.)