XXXI

Butterfly of Heat.

 

A few days passed since that and well Taemin did return the next morning, getting scolded by the manager for suddenly disappearing and the next one who went away without him knowing will be set on non-active to think over their deeds. But there was something that was totally off somewhere. Every time that Kibum wanted to either hold Myunghee or just help her with her needs, the younger jumped in front of him, taking her away. It was making the elder pissed about the fact that he couldn’t even share some time with his, kind of, adopted daughter.

 

“Kibum stop complaining,” Jonghyun sighed after listening for the hundredth time that day to his friend that kept on going about the fact he feels bad towards Taemin about what he has done.

 

“B-But Jjong y-.”

 

“I do get it. Now just stop with it. I bet Minho will talk to Taemin when they are back from their schedule,” the main vocalist mumbled and sat down with a deep sigh on their couch, flicking the TV on so there was something else to distract other then again listening to his best friend and his numerous complains.

 

In the end the blonde did give up on trying to get the other listening to him. He needed help to talk back to Taemin, even when he turned into something colder then the world has ever seen before. He lay with his head on his best friend’s lap, letting him pet his hair for a bit. Jonghyun in his case was lost in his train of thoughts. Was Minho indeed capable enough to talk to that stubborn version of Taemin? He knew the maknae for so long now, but he had never, ever seen that side of him before and it was seriously making him very uncomfortable.

 

“Have you heard something from Hyeongseop yet?” the elder then suddenly asked out of the blue, thinking they might keep an eye on him before they let them talk again.

 

“No. Why you’re asking?”

 

“Just because it might be that he will show up one day at the dorm here and starts a scene out of the situation. After all you left him suddenly again and…” the guy sighed because he knew if he would continue he might go a bit too far and make him snap again.

 

The younger male sat up again, scooting into the corner of the couch with his legs pulled up a bit.

 

“J-Just don’t t-talk about it a-again,” the rapper stuttered, feeling the tears sting in his eyes while looking at his friend.

 

“O-Okay. I won’t do it again. I promise,” the other mumbled while getting closer to him again and wrapped his arms around the smaller frame of the guy.

 

Like that they were sitting on the couch, watching the animated screen of the TV that was playing one of the blonde’s animation films. It was distracting at first but then when his friend had to start again about that guy.

 

 

-

 

 

“Lee Taemin!” Minho yelled while he was dangerously hovering over the younger man and pointed sternly at his face.

 

It didn’t take much of the rapper poked out his eye. Their leader was hopelessly trying to pull Minho back from their maknae since this will go wrong without any doubt. But he couldn’t do much when the tallest man was furious.

 

“What? Are you going to poke my eye out or what?” the youngest guy of the group retorted, followed by a sly smirk spread across his face.

 

“No, but you will get punished one way or another. Why won’t you just talk to him? I bet he will listen. But no. Mister here needs to play another card, the stubborn card,” the elder guy spat back again and finally Jinki found the force to pull Minho back and push him down the couch.

 

Taemin just stood there still, shaking his head while crossing his arms in front of his chest. Meanwhile the leader turned towards him and was ready for his kind of scolding but then the dancer just raised his hand towards him.

 

“Don’t try to talk, hyung. I know you will be just trying to say the same thing to me but it won’t work,” with that the young man turned around and left the dressing room.

 

Staff people were trying to hold him back but he just said he already goes to the set. Other groups around them had heard their yelling and somehow became afraid of Minho who really yelled on top of his lungs.

 

“What kind of maknae do we have? How can he change like that in just a blink of an eye?” the tall man asked while going with his hands through his hair while thinking about a possible explanation for it but that was no use.

 

Jinki just sat down next to him while rubbing his friend’s shoulder. There was nothing they can do at the moment to make Taemin change his mind. Hopefully he will see himself that he is doing it totally wrong. Minho let his head fall against the leader’s shoulder while thinking of maybe another way to approach the young man, but he really couldn’t find a idea.

 

“Don’t worry too much, Minho. In the end he will get to his senses. I’m almost sure of that but for now there isn’t a thing we can do,” the eldest member mumbled while he kept patting the tallest one’s head.

 

“Yeah you’re right. Come on. Let’s go to the set,” he mumbled then, standing up and helped the leader also on his feet.

 

When they entered the set they saw Taemin sitting there, innocently smiling at the staff members, like nothing had happened before, but they all heard it by now that Minho yelled at him. Some people seemed to act like nothing had happened indeed and fell into the maknae’s trap. For a moment he glanced at the other two, smiling satisfied.