XXXIII

Butterfly of Heat.

 

It was a cold night and snow was everywhere around the youngest member who was somewhere in an abandoned park. He was sitting in a play-tower for children, with his knees underneath his chin and arms wrapped around his legs. He felt how tears were stinging behind his eyes, feeling how the guilt is rushing over him. He had texted his closest friend to come over and see him since he needed someone to talk to. s are furious at him so Jongin was the only option right now.

 

“Taemin-ah? Are you here?” the deep voice of the other echoed through the small place.

 

Suddenly a pair over eyes peeked over the wooden floor. Those orbs were dark and had an unpleased look in them. In a swift move the guy was also in the small hiding place, sitting down next to his elder friend who was still fighting against the tears.

 

“What happened?” he asked in a whisper, making the other totally bad and he started to let the tears go.

 

“I did something horrible to Kibum,” he mumbled through the tears, wanting to go back and apologize but he knew that Jonghyun would throw him out again.

 

“Oh hyung… Why haven’t you just talked to him?”

 

“Because I can’t! My heart wants him but my head says no!” the elder dancer replied while the crying was only getting worse while looking at his friend.

 

The white and cold environment wasn’t working with them. Jongin just sighed while scratching his the back of his head while trying to find a solution.

 

“What if I come with you?”

 

“T-That won’t work… J-Jonghyun will throw u-us out again…”

 

“Not with me. I’m sure of that. Hyung, we are going back and you are going to talk with Kibum!”

 

The harsh voice was making the guy cringe and he had to give in. He wants his Kibum back. He wants their lovely family thing back. He wants ’s trust back again. Slowly they were wandering through the park, back to the dorm, while the elder felt his heart thump in his ears with every step. This was not how he hoped it would go… but his deed before was stupid, reckless and selfish.

 

“I’m scared Jongin,” Taemin mumbled suddenly, stopping again, while looking down at his feet.

 

“I’m sure Jonghyun won’t do a thing with me alongside you. I know you’re still not over the fact that you’re boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, cheated on you, but you love him to death. You were stupid to do such a thing to your beloved one while you only want him back. You made things worse but I’m sure that you need to talk again before you can do something.”

 

 

-

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun spat when Taemin entered the dorm, ready to push him against a wall again.

 

“I-I … I need to see Kibum,” he answered, looking down at the floor while fumbling with the end of his shirt.

 

“You are not going to see him. You need to get the out or I k-,” the main vocalist stopped halfway his sentence when he felt Jongin pushing him away from him.

 

Angry he looked up to face the taller dancer that was blocking his way to do something to the youngest member of his group. Those stern and serious eyes of the younger man were sending chills down his spine.

 

“He regrets his actions. We both know that they need to talk. Hyung, don’t be harsh on him. Please. Remember what Kibum has done to him in the first place…” the deep voice bounced of the walls, making Minho and Jinki also step closer to the guy.

 

The shortest guy in the room was boiling in anger. Somewhere he now resembled a bull, with steam getting out of his nose because of the anger. But he calmed down the moment Minho had a hand on his shoulder.

 

“He’s right,” both the December guys mumbled, making Jonghyun hang his shoulder low in defeat.

 

“Kibum is sleeping. You can talk to him in the morning. And you can sleep on the couch.”

 

 

-

 

 

Later when everybody was already to bed, Taemin was sitting on the couch, looking at the clock on the wall that was saying it was freaking 4AM in the morning. He couldn’t sleep, not one bit. Jongin had to leave or else his manager would freak out at him. Annoyed he was staring at something that was playing, but he wasn’t paying attention. All he thought about was finding the right thing to say to his ex-lover when they could finally talk. He was feeling bad in his stomach and stood up, strolling through the dorm with no real goal.

 

He stopped when he was standing right in front of the room that his (adopted) child is in, since she had returned again. He saw that the door was slightly open and that Kibum was still inside. The baby was next to him, sleeping on the bed with him. He was holding Myunghee’s tiny hand with his fingers. The tear-strains are still on his face. He sighed deeply while stepping inside the room. The dancer knew well enough that if he wakes up he would probably yell the dorm awake. The youngest leaned over the guy that was deep asleep. He could feel the tears stinging behind his eyes but he leaned down to kiss the guy’s lips, not fully but enough to feel them again.

 

“I love you, Kibum,” he whispered before slowly slipping out of the room again, letting his hand linger a slightly bit longer before fully leaving the room again.

 

In the end he fell asleep on the couch, only to be yelled awake by Jonghyun who still was pissed at him.

 

“You wanted to talk with Kibum? You better go know or else I kick you somewhere,” he hissed while passing towards the kitchen.

 

With a deep sigh the youngest stood up, unprepared for what will be next.