XI

Butterfly of Heat.

A week later the manager had agreed to give them a day off so they could go on a shopping trip for the basic baby supplies. Also the mood swings of the blonde started to become more and more clear. One moment he was happy cuddling with one of the members on the couch and the next he was bossing them around. Only Taemin was slightly spared from the wrath, because the elder couldn’t get it over his heart to boss him around. Also it mostly started because of a jealous dancer who told about uncompleted chores.

 

All were now walking through a store with around them everywhere baby supplies and they were there for basic furniture for the baby. Behind the group was their manager that kept an eye on the boys so they won’t start a war in the middle of the store. There was an agreement that the manager, when he stayed, will sleep on their couch, while Jinki joined Jonghyun and Minho in their room so there would be a baby room.

 

“What do we need?” their main vocalist asked, bouncing up and down in the middle of a hall.

 

At these kind of moments the manager could face-palm, since this was embarrassing him. Sometimes the man wonders what he has to be manager of: an idol group or a bunch of children?

 

“Really basics. A cot, refreshing pillow, a bath, chair for later when its older to eat, baby cart and of course a dresser,” the male sighed while looking at the pregnant male who was walking a bit in front of them.

 

“Why don’t we just ask a worker here?” Jinki muttered softly while all of them kept sending glances at Kibum who just kept on going.

 

“Everybody just think of the basics first and search for it,” the manager groaned and went into another random row, shaking his head.

 

All of the boys shrugged before splitting up but not entirely because the youngest walked behind the pregnant guy like a lost puppy. When the others weren’t looking, he back-hugged him, his hands landing on the already growing belly. Taemin loved the soft giggling that was coming from the other man.

 

“Taemin-ah…” he whispered when he was done with his giggling and turned a bit around.

 

“Let them take what they want. We still have a veto-right against them,” the youngest was laughing while letting go of his friend.

 

He grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers while walking further through the rows. They didn’t know that two of the members were basically lurking from around the corner with grins on their faces.

 

“Are you sure they aren’t dating yet?” Jonghyun asked the tallest guy of the group, staring up at him.

 

Minho nodded before looking at the two that were walking through the rows, once in a while grabbing something and laughed with it or took it with them.

 

“Oh… the dogs come back tomorrow too,” the eldest said while leaving the tall one alone and bumped into the baby carts.

 

The tall one just laughed it away while he followed him, getting confused by the amount of carts they could buy for the upcoming baby. Meanwhile the two others were still walking through the halls and the youngest couldn’t help him but suddenly kissed the man’s cheek. The elder turned red as a tomato and smiled widely.

 

 

-

 

 

“Tae… I-I don’t know but s-should we lift our not kissing p-promise?” the elder asked in the mirror, but shook his head instead and sighed deeply.

 

After the kissing on the cheek incident from the afternoon, the elder had been trying to find the right words to quit the promise of not kissing. Even when they aren’t a couple, kissing each other won’t be that bad or? He balled his hands into fists before slamming them forcefully down on the sink. Of course the sound went through the apartment and everybody jumped off. Jonghyun, Minho, Jinki and their manager who were constructing the dresser and the small crib in the other room, were the first to stand on the other side.

 

“Kibum! Are you okay? Is there something wrong? Do you need help?” Jonghyun asked banging on the door while his heart was filled with worry for the guy.

 

Also Taemin came out of his room, while he was sorting out the other small supplies they also bought and looked at the guys that all had gathered at the door. He was scared that something was wrong and especially with his child.

 

“It’s nothing, guys…but can I speak to you alone, Jjong?” he muttered from the other side of the door.

 

All the others sighed in relief and went back to what they were doing, but the youngest couldn’t help him to give a warning look to the puppy, which entered the bathroom. He snorted while back entering his room and looked at the massive amount of baby supplies on the ground and on their beds.

 

Jonghyun looked at his friend who was standing against the sink, his hands on his belly and eyes focused on the ground in front of him.

 

“What’s wrong, Bum?” the main vocalist questioned while he stood closer and placed his hand on his shoulder.

 

Slowly the younger guy lifted his head, staring at him with tears in his eyes. Something inside of him told Jonghyun that this would be about their maknae and their little intimacy from in the store. He also sighed and waited for him to finally reply.

 

“I don’t know but… I and Taemin have well a small rule off ‘not kissing on the lips’… but I want to kiss him so badly,” the blonde sighed deeply before letting go of his belly.

 

The vocalist just stood there, thinking about what should be the best solution. This was something difficult, but still…

 

“Just kiss him…”

 

Kibum looked at his friend with big eyes and didn’t really feel comfortable with the idea. What if the younger gets mad over it or just ignores him?

 

“No! I need to ask it!”

 

“Then you just wait for the perfect moment. You will do it with your heart so…” with that the elder left him alone and went back to the other guys in the room.

 

The blonde exited the room and went back to the shared room where the young man was sitting, his arms crossed in front of him and a jealous glint in his eyes. The pregnant guy just went to sit next to his friend on his bed, letting his head fall on the dancer’s lap while staring up at him. Taemin smiled a bit while he started to play with his friend’s hair, curling it around his finger.