XVII

Butterfly of Heat.

A couple of days later the rapper was released from the hospital, since all tests came back with positive results both for him and the baby. Kibum was brought to the van with a wheelchair; afraid he might not walk properly and do something stupid. Meanwhile Taemin was carrying the baby in his arms, flanked by the leader and the tallest man of them. Their manager was waiting outside, helping the blonde into the van and also the youngest with the baby. Once on a roll back to the dorm, the manager had to interfere because they kept talking there.

 

“The room is fully ready for Myunghee,” he muttered, but they all ignored him and kept on talking.

 

Once they arrived they immediately brought her to the room, tucking her in the crib, the “parents” kissing her forehead and let her alone while going to the bedroom. The blonde was tired again and all the others just were in the living room, watching some drama that was playing on the TV. All were staring up at when he entered with a slight smile on his face.

 

“Tae, why not a big smile?” the tall one asked, noticing that he was rather looking stressed about something.

 

“I-I don’t know?” the youngest muttered while he sat down on the ground, next to Jinki who was leaning against the couch.

 

“Are you going to keep your promise?” Jonghyun mumbled, drawing attention from all the guys in the room, some with a questioning look but one stared back with dark eyes.

 

“Yes, but… I can’t do it!” Taemin groaned while letting himself fall on the floor so he was lying down on his side.

 

The main vocalist just sighed before turning on so he could get off the couch. He just looked at him with a raised eyebrow and in the next second he was sitting next to him, staring at a cheesy drama.

 

“Like I said. Soon the snow will be falling and that will be an opportunity. Take him out or just stay here warm inside with Myunghee and ask him then. I’m almost for 100% sure he won’t hate you or something else,” the elder said, speaking like he had enough experience to teach them in every way of love.

 

“O-Okay… Hyung, why do you suddenly act like that, before you never did?” the youngest questioned, seeing how there formed a grin around his lips.

 

“Because then you wanted to know about girls, I’m not that good with them more with guys,” the shortest replied and one of the others let out a choked noise.

 

Minho seemed shocked by the news, but for the other two it didn’t really came of as a surprise since well he had sometimes doubtable actions with guys backstage or even on stage sometimes. Like that time with Taemin and their solo, but already there the dancer was deeply in love with Kibum and hoped to get him jealous there, without the hoped result.

 

“And with Shin Sekyung?” Minho questioned then suddenly wanting to know more about the whole situation.

 

“Played… there was no real love. I’m not going to tell all my past boyfriends, Ho. I’m single now and I don’t care for the moment, since we need Taemin to confess his feelings so there will be less tension here,” the main vocalist muttered while standing up, disappearing into the kitchen.

 

Only then the two guys noticed that Jinki was sitting there, biting the inside of his cheeks and slowly stared at the guys from the corners of his eyes. Afterwards he let out a deep sigh since it seemed that his cover was blown.

 

“I had a flirt with Jonghyun, back in the debut days,” he spilled the little secret but sat down on the couch.

 

The youngsters were smiling at that point and focused back on the drama. The vocalist returned to sit with them, lying on his previous spot while eating just a small snack. Time passed so quickly that they weren’t really aware when Kibum also joined them, sitting down next to the youngest.

 

 

-

 

 

It had been silent in the dorm, all of the boys sleeping silently. The younger couldn’t help it to sleep next to the blonde again, nuzzling his face in his neck while sleeping like that. In the other room the three were all sleeping without any problems, or well Jinki and Jonghyun suddenly shared a bed, while Minho had ended up on the floor. The peaceful silence in the apartment had to be broken by a loud cry from Myunghee. Instantly Taemin and Kibum woke up, the one more worried while the other was groaning because he wanted some more sleep. The blonde jumped out of bed to take care of their little baby girl while the dancer just waited for him to return, but his mind kept wondering about the words that Jonghyun had said to him. He knew he would pull back when it was the moment of truth.

 

“Next round is for you, Mister,” he muttered grumpily before getting back into the bed.

 

It was clear that Kibum wasn’t really pleased that he had to go again and Taemin just kept skipping his turns. The younger sighed defeated before lying back on his side, also facing away from the other. It became painfully clear for them that they couldn’t without the touch of the other. After a few minutes the dancer gave up on his mocking and turned back around, pulling the rapper closer to him. Luckily for the latter, the maknae couldn’t see the wide smile on his face that had formed the second he felt his hand on his waist again.

 

“Goodnight,” the younger whispered in his ear.

 

But the night wasn’t that good for them since only a few hours later little Myunghee woke them up again and this time Taemin did what was expected from him. He stepped out of bed and fulfilled the child’s needs. All of them knew that the coming months will be the worst and especially now that their manager moved fully out of the dorm.