The Devil Sings

When I began to believe...

Minho's POV

"Taemin!" I yelled after him, for the millionth time. I slowed down to catch my breath, now coming out in shallow gasps.

My hair stuck to my face in sweat, my eyes darting around. Where was he??!

My heart pounded in my ears, not just from the running but... fear. Fear of what GD would do if he got to him first. Fear for his safety. Fear for him. If what GD said is true... and Sulli really is dead... Then Taemin needs to have someone there, someone who hasn't lied to him for once.

I have to find him I thought. I have to find him before he does.

The thought was enough to get me running again. Taemin...

I must save you.

 

Taemin's POV

Where am I? Does it matter?

Where am I going? Away. Far, far away, from all of them.

I ran outside, tears streaming down my face. Sulli... It can't be true. Sulli has to be alive, she's my sister... If she's dead... where does that leave me?

Outside, the sun was dimmed by threatning murky clouds, I could feel early splashes of rain hitting my face. Rain. 

Sulli was always there to look after me, in the way my parents had always failed to. She was my best friend, my sister, my parent. She knew me better than anyone, better than myself at times. When she'd left, I'd lost that part of me. Her disappearance left an empty echo in the house, an echo which couldn't be filled with fake promises or sugar-coated orders from my parents. Perhaps that was the real reason they'd wanted me to move out out, their only son left, taking up space and air.

My lungs collapsed, and I felt myself collide with the wet ground, the mud streaked across my face.

"I HATE HIM!" I screamed out loud, followed by a big sob. Why, GD? WHY?! Why me, of all people in the world, why decide to make my life miserable? Why? Why... Sulli?

My hands dug into the earth, the dirt scraping under my finger nails. I realized I was still wearing that stupid bathrobe from the shower. I ripped it off me, tossing it away; I'd rather lay here than wear anything of his. Bare against the the wind, I shivered, my body shaking violently from the tears.

It was almost like I was in another time-zone, watching all this on a screen before me. Without being in control of myself, My body running again. I couldn't be here anymore, I couldn't be surronded by any more lies. This place... this house... it's the physical version of hell.

Distantly, I heard him call out my name. He who had the power to make me feel like the most happiest person in the world, despite being captured. He who could make me feel like a guest in a jail, He who had claimed to love me, to care for me, to protect me. The only person, in God knows how many weeks, had make life even remotely bearable, seemly worth living.

Minho.

Where was he now? Conspiring with GD? Trapping me, so I could be caged again? Was he looking for me, so he could finally serve his master?

I ran faster, as fast as my legs would carry me. My feet scraping against the rough ground, the bushes tearing at me, my bare skin vunerable to its harsh twigs. The rain was pouring now, drenching me, blending with my tears.

I could hear a crow in the distance, cawing. If only I could fly... Fly away from all this, leave it behind. It started cawing more desperetly, taunting me, warning me. I didn't know how big the garden was, I would run as far as this world would let me.

A sudden movement caught my eye.

A disturbance in the bushes, an interruption.

I could feel myself sinking to my knees into the mud.

He'd found me.

It was over.

All the hatred I felt for him, for killing my sister, kidnapping me, containing me like an animal... It was all for nothing. I would always be weaker. Always. He would always win. He was fated to be stronger than me. Fated to kill me, like my sister, for simply being in his line of sight. I could see him nearing me, stepping closer, his shoes slightly sinking into the mud. This is how it ends, I thought bitterly. I die at his hand. The world really was that cruel, that unfair.

"Taemin?" He whispered, crouching down at my level.

That voice, it wasn't his... I looked up.

Like an angel, he stared at me, smiling. Despite the rain, his smile radiated light. Was I hallucinating? Was it really...?

"JONGHYUN!" I screamed, wrapping my arms around his neck, causing us to fall onto the muddy ground. I wasn't going mad, he's actually here.

"It's really you..." He whispered.

Hope. There was hope. If Jonghyun was here... There was a chance. A chance to be free. I cried, but no longer from sadness. It was unrealistic how a pair of familiar arms could bring you so much comfort, so much familiarity. I'd almost forgotten what it was like to see him smirking, to see his face up close.

"What are you doing here?" I sobbed onto his shoulders.

He my hair soothingly. I'd imagined, dreamt, if I ever saw the world outside these gates of hell, I'd cry and tell each and every one of them, Key, Jonghyun and Onew, how much I truly grateful I was, how much they meant to me, how much I loved them all, in their own seperate way. But now... All I could do was to hold onto him. If I let go... He might dissapear. The thought got me crying even harder. 

He pulled away, still gripping my hands, looking deep into my eyes.

"I'm here to save you, Taemin. I'm going to get you out of here" He said, his eyes holding a promise, a vow to his words.

I wanted to believe him, believe his words, but even I knew the chances of that happening were slim.

"We can't... He'll find us" I whispered, eyes fastened on his.

I could see my own fear reflected in Jonghyuns eyes. It may be slim, but it was worth a shot. After all, what else can you do? That voice whispered. And for once, it was true. Either way, going back or escaping, I'd die. A small part of me already had. Sulli would want you to survive... It chanted. An unspoken decision went between us, a silent understanding.

"I'm not leaving without you" He said, the confidence his eyes proving it.

And as if on cue, I heard him. The devil.

 

"Taemin..." He sang.

 

A/N: Yeah I'm still alive! :P

I'm so sorry for late update, I don't even know what happened this time (Lol, I can't think of an excuse, basically) I'm tired, like, ALL THE TIME, and English schools apperently enjoy seeing students suffer, so they arn't exactly helping -.-

Anyway... Sorry if the chapter is ty, but it's at least A chapter. :)

Update soon <3