Burning

When I began to believe...

Onew's POV

 

My heart shattered into a million pieces.

That kiss... It'd been pure. Taemin had meant it.

Taemin... And Minho?

Just before his capture... I'd kissed him. It seemed such a long time ago, but still; It'd happened. What had happened to that? Did that mean nothing to him? I felt a dark anger stir within me. I'd been there all his life, at it's best and worst, and this is how he chose to repay me? By going all smoochie on a bully. A guy who had had the intentions of making his life as miserable as possible?

By falling for the Stocholm Syndrome?

"What do we do with the body?" I snarled, trying to keep the anger out of my voice, but failing.

Taemins eyes met mine for an instant, and  I saw the guilt he felt, the sorry. I wanted to go over and hug him, tell him it was okay, it didn't matter. But somehow... I couldn't. I remained frozen, staring at him, like he was an entirely different person, a stranger.

I hoped he saw my pain, my suffering, my jealousy even. I hoped he saw what he'd done to me, what his choice meant for our friendship.

What had Minho done that I'd failed to?

"I don't know..." Taemin whispered, looking away, breaking our stare.

"If we set it on fire, we attract attention. We could bury it, but that'd take time" Minho reasoned with all of us. Despite growing my hatred for him, he was right. He stole my Taemin; why does he get to play the hero?

"We burn it." Key said, staring at it. All of us looked at him. "There is no one around, and it'll take away all the evidence". He finished, entwining his hand with Jonghyun's. That's the way it was meant to be; Jonghyun and Key, me and Taemin.

How could a prisoner fall for his capturer? What sick game was Minho playing at?

Jonghyun pulled out a lighter from his back pocket, handing it to Minho. I watched the lighter pass between them, silently hoping it'd randomly explode and set Minho on fire.

Taemin smiled at him, a sick, yet genuine smile. How could he smile to the bastard?! Was he that blind by love? Had Minho completly brainwashed him? No one could love a kidnapper, that just... Didn't exist.

Minho looked at the body one last time, before turning the lighter on and silently tossing it at the corpse.

It instantly caught fire; almost as if had already been covered in fuel. The rain had slowed down to a drizzle now, a few drops peeking through the leaves of the trees.

Through the flames, I saw Minho lean in for a kiss with Taemin.

A kiss which would never be mine.

 

Taemin's POV

It felt so wrong; all of us chatting around a burning body.

Under any other circumstances, it might has been as normal as a few friends sitting around a campfire sharing horror stories with another, whilst roasting marshmellows.

But this wasn't a campfire.

It was a murder.

It wasn't wood being set on fire; it was GD. A person. He might've been sent from the Evil of the world itself, but still. A human.

I looked over at Minho, who stood silently watching the ablaze corpse. Was this the right thing to have done? Had GD deserved to die?

Was his death my fault?

A single tear escaped my eye, rolling down my cheek. "Of course it wasn't your fault" Minho said, turning to face me, his face expressing instant concern. , I'd said the last bit out loud.

I shifted uncomfterably on the spot, avoiding eye contact with him. That might been easy for him to say. He'd killed my sister... But did that mean it was right for us to kill to kill him, right?

Right?

"Did he deserve to die?" I asked, daring myself to look at him, searching his eyes for answers.

His answer was immidiate. "Taemin, Listen to me" He said.

"GD was one of the most evil humans ever born, right there with Hitler and, hell, even Judas. He stole everything good in this world, robbed everything we held dear. He was ready to kill for his illusion of perfection; and he already had, your sister being one of the many which had had any influence in his life." He paused, my face with his thumb, catching my now streaming tears. All of us were looking at him, expectantly, like he was delivering a peace speech.

"He believed that their innocence were their own cause for their death. He'd have killed all of us given the chance, and still slept soundly at night. He used every snippet of infomation, every secret, to his advantage in order to hurt people as much as he could. He fed lies to people, strangers, and enjoyed their misery. We never killed a human; We killed a monster. A beast. And in doing so, saved God knows how many lives". He finished.

"We need to move" I heard Onew say, speaking for the first time in what seemed like hours. He began to trod his way back to the car, his back facing towards me.

Jonghyun took his Key's hand and led him to the car. "What...?" Key began. Jongyun smiled. "You head Minho, there's nothing more we can do here."

I looked over at Minho who was already staring at me.

"Do you believe me?" He asked, his words soft.

I nodded. I did, his words made more sense than my guilt-consciousness.

"What happens now?" I asked back.

He paused, staring back at GD's house.

"We deal with the aftermath" He finished, his voice distant.

 

A/N: Hello... :)

Readers: What's this?! An early update?! What are you trying to pull...? *Suspicious*

Oh yeah, that's right, it's an early update. It's still not the end,  as there is still some more drama to come :) (Particularly between Ontae, as you probobly can predict) Leave a comment on your opinion so far! (it takes about 1-2min and makes my day :) <3

Update soon~