For the best, for you.

When I began to believe...

Onew's POV

 

"So what's the plan?" I asked, seating myself at one of Taemin's sandbags. Key looked furious, and had been ever since we found out who's to blame for all of this. The smell of fried vegetables filled the house, making my stomach growl. None of us had been eating or sleeping properly since his disappearance, as none of us could bring ourselves to rest until he was home, safe and sound.

"We break in, grab Taemin, and get out again" He snarled, looking at Jonghyun fiercely, who pretended not to notice and began to busily chop tomatoes. The two of them seemed... Tense on the way home. Key's motherly side had gotten the better of him, making him (in Jonghyun's own words) a bit overprotective.

"And if somebody tries to stop us?" I asked. Key looked away from Jonghyun at the stove and into my eyes. I shifted uncomfterably under his intense stare. I knew this side of him, the protective side, we'd all seen it before, but that didn't make him any less intimidating.

"Fine. We break in, grab Taemin, kick their arses, and get out again." He practically growled.

I sighed. I knew why wern't getting anywhere; because the fear for Taemin's safety. The worries, the concern, the 'not knowing' anything even if he was alive at this point... It was nerve-wrecking, and some serious mental pressure preventing any of us to think straight, logically.

"Food." Jonghyun said, placing two plates infront of us. Both me and Key stared at it like it was a bubonic-infested rat instead of fried vegetables. Jonghyun looked at us hard. "Eat up" He ordered, glaring at us before and walking away, his feet loud against the wooden floor.

I watched carefully as Key's angry face softened at the sight of his lover leaving. Taking a mouthful of broccoli, I could see him blinking away tears.

"What happened between you two?" I asked.

He sniffled and picked at the carrots. "He... doesn't care." He said.

"Doesn't care? About what?" I asked. Jonghyun always cared... He just kept it to himself. He didn't create drama the way Key did when something was up, he was the total opposite. Calm and in control; and its exactly why they were perfect for each other.

"Not what! Who! He doesn't care about the fact Taemin's just gone. He just... pretends that everything's normal!" Key said, throwing his hands up in defeat. I could see tears escaping the corner of his eyes. He brought his hand up and in attempt to wipe them away.

"He does care... He just doesn't show it, like you do. We're all reacting differently. He wants to keep it to himself" I reasoned with him.

"That's just the thing! He won't share ANYTHING with me! All the problems which involves him are never important! It's always "Ok, babe" or "I'm here for you if you need me" or "Don't worry, it'll pass". I CAN'T STAND IT! All I tell him he just brushes off like dirt! I tell him pretty much everything which affects me, good or bad, and he rarely tells me anything which is troubles him, which in it's turn, makes ME feel guilty for not being there for him, when really he's just pushing me away, WITH PURPOSE! And I know, deep down, that he does care about Taemin, I wish he'd just be a bit more ing open about it! All he does by not telling me is freezing me out, and what kind of boyfriend am I if I can't be there for him..." He ended with a loud sob.

I crawled up to him, letting the food clatter to the floor. I pulled him in for a big hug. "Ssssh..." I said whilst his hair soothingly. "It'll be alright..." He murmured against his shoulder.

But the truth was, none of us knew that for sure. Taemin's disappearance was becoming increasingly alarming, with no proof of him still being 'Okay'. It was killing us, emotionally, a little by each day going past.

A sudden slam from the corridoor caugh our attention. It sounded like something being forcefully shut. Key stopped sobbing against me and sat up straight, eyes darting around the room. I turned around in the direction of the noise, It seemed to come from... Taemin's room.

"Taemin?!" Key shouted, scrambling out of my lap and running towards the room, me close on his heels. He shoved the door open...

... and walked into an empty room. "Taemin...?" Key began. I sighed, he wasn't here. And why would he? If he'd really come back he'd used the front door I thought foolishly. "He's not here Key..." My voice trailed of as I saw the wide open window, swining on its hinges.

"Key... Where's Jonghyun" I asked, suspicion beginning to build.

A letter flew to Key's feet as a wind blew in. I could've recognized that curvy handwriting anywhere: Jonghyuns. With trembling hands Key picked it up, seating himself at the edge of Taemin's bed.

To Key and Onew... I'm sorry.

Key ripped the letter out of its pocket.

First of all, I want you to know I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being able to share with my feelings... or my plans. Key, I want you to know that I love you, and I'm doing this for us.

Secondly... I can't wait around doing nothing. I know, Key, that you're usually the restless one, which is the first to bring any action, but I think that this time I need to do something. Onew, I didn't tell you any of this because I knew you'd be intelligent enough to talk me out of this. But I've already made up my mind.

If you're reading this, then I'm on my way to bring our Taemin back. Minho and GD are... Dangerous, to put it mildly, you don't know them like I do, and I don't want any of you to end up being hurt. I know I'll be in danger, to get wounded, killed even. But I can deal with that, because I know I will've done the right thing. What I can't deal with is watching the love of my life and best friend get hurt, it's not happening, I can't live with the fact that as every day, every minute, even every second it's a second that Taemin's life could be slipping away, and watching your suffering from it.

I've gone to find out the truth, please don't follow me.

Key, I love you.

Onew, I'll bring him back.

My head was reeling... Jonghyun's gone to get himself KILLED?! The plan was to SNEAK IN, find Taemin and SILENTLY sneak him out again, undetected, so nobody could get hurt! That's what was meant to happen! NOT one of us going away on a suicide mission.

Key's hand began to shake violently, tears falling down. "Jonghyun..." He whispered, voice faltering.

Suddenly he stood up and bolted out the door. "KEY!" I yelled after him. Damn he was fast. "KEY! WAIT UP!" I yelled again. Where was he going?

He ran outside to the front of the house, door slamming as he tripped and fell his way forward.

Finally he stopped, letting me catch up to him. "Jonghyun..." He whispered, over and over again. He collapsed on the driveway... The driveway Jonghyun's sport car was meant to be parked on. Damn, that bastard took his ing car.

"Key? Key, Listen to me" I said, trying to get him to look up at me. But he just sat there... staring into the empty space.

"Key, we'll find him, he'll be okay..." I said, with as much conviction as I could.

"No we won't. He's gonna die." He said, almost too low for me to hear.

"No he won't" I said, desperetly trying to think of an Idea, anything to calm this. To calm him.

"My baby..." He said, ignoring my words.

Right. Enough is enough. If Jonghyun is stupid enough to do it, why can't we?

"Pack your bags" I said, heading inside again.

Time to finish this, once and for all. Taemin is coming home.

 

A/N: Look at that! A chapter before 10 at night (I feel prooooud of myself <3)

Onew is finally getting in control of things, triggered from Jonghyun's run-away. But maybe it's a good thing? With two people gone... it's twice the determination to find them? (I don't know...)

I've decided to make another story... which i will be starting on the 28th/03 (As I've made very clear in the description) Please check it out, it's that Jongkey supernatural I've been going on about. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/404862 :)

Don't forget to comment and/or subsribe! :) Update soon~