Running to You

When I began to believe...

Minho's POV

Once outside, everybody stared at us, some gazes friendlier than others. All the detectives, cops, officers. Some of them smiled kindly at us, others gave us questioning looks.

We all stood huddled together, trying to avoid their judging looks. Key pointed over to a vending machine, mentioning something about being thirsty. Jonghyun followed him, leaving me and... Onew. As if awkwardness couldn't get any worse.

I looked back at Taemin, who was still outside the room, talking to Mr. Richards. Wonder what they're talking about? I put my hand on the door handle.

"Don't" Onew said, looking at me evenly.

I gave him the 'or-what' look. "We should get going" I said, wanting to leave whilst looking outside. The sun was shining its last through what was left of the rain clouds. We still had aftermath to deal with; such as: Where was Mr and Mrs Lee? After all, what were they talking about which was so important?

"If he has questions; let him ask them" Onew said, his eyes challanging.

This was the first time that we'd actually been able to speak to each other with no one (aka, Key) to tell us to shut up. Onew obviously had a grudge against me... My only question was why? Him and Taemin had been bestfriends since most could remember. I Helped him escape from GD, why was he pissed off at me?

"Why are you trying to control him?" I asked, as emotionless as I could. Taemin wasn't a pet; you couldn't treat him like one.

"I'm trying to control him?!" He practically shrieked. Oops. I'd hit a nerve.

"Even before all of this, before his capture, GD's death. You keep on giving him the heat for your own pathetic temperment, if it even can be called that" I growled. Arguing right now... was probably stuipid, but still; Taemin was free to choose to go to whomever he wanted; that wasn't Onew's choice to make.

His cheeks reddened with anger. "At least I didn't let myself be controlled by someone supposdly superior" He said.

"GD's dead. What difference does it make now?" I hissed at him, taking a cautious step forward, indirectly telling him to back down. People were looking now, some had stopped mid-action to look at the two 'heroes' fighting. Heroes. My .

"It makes all the difference. You think that now, just because your master is gone, you have become an entirely different person and fooled Taemin into think he loves you!" He spat the last word.

"Why does it matter to you?!" I shouted, attracting everbody's attention by now.

He was glaring at me, when suddenly his eyes turned soft. They looked... emphatic.

Then it hit me.

I finally understood why Onew was so angry at me; why he glared everytime me and Taemin got close. t wasn't protectivness of a friend, it was jealousy. Jealousy that me, and Taemin,

Of course it mattered to him; He loved him.

This made sense now; in his world, I'd stolen 'his' Taemin.

Onew stared at me as the penny dropped in my head, his eyes hardened into a frown."You..." I began, unable to finish my sentence. I mentally slapped myself for not having realized this before. "With Taemin..." I tried, but failed once again.

"Now you realize why I hate you so much, after everything that's happened, you still act as if nothings has changed. See, there's thing known as 'feelings', where 'emotions' play a role, not that you'd understand." He said sarcastically. The words should've stung, and they would've if not for the fact I was still recovering from the realization of Onew's true feelings.

"But how the does this make it my-"

The door swung open with a sudden creak.

A flash of aubrun hair flew past me, so suddenly I took a step back.

It took me a moment that it was Taemin who was dashing towards the police exit, running desperetly with loud sobs erupting the small room.

"Taemin!" I called, heading after him. What the hell had just happened? What had they been talking about in there?! Maybe if you hadn't been so busy quarrling with Onew, you would've known, that voice whispered inside my mind. Shut up I thought back, picking up the pace, sprinting after him.

The exit doors burst open as he ran outside, the sounds of traffic and chatter loud in comparison to the quiet office.

Hot on his heels, I ran outside.

Gone. He was completely gone. Dissapeared into the crowd.

Vanished.

I looked around, desperete to catch a glimps of that auburn hair once again. Blazing headlights and traffic lights struck me, the audioble adverts deafining. People were scurrying past in a hurrid stream, making it unable to catch anyones face before they brushed past you.

"TAEMIN!" I shouted out loud, causing multiple citizens to turn around and look at me weirdly.

Onew, Jonghyun and Key followed me, shouting his name. But what good was it? People only walked past us quicker, avoiding us.

Taemin, where are you?

 

Taemin's POV

They told me that you died, was that true? I run past a salesman; bumping into him.

They told me you're alive, is that true? Turn on the left.

The lies they've fed me; how much of it is fake? How much of it was true? The green man turns red.

Have you left me? Too late, the car sees me.

Where are you; at home? In a grave? Too late, I see the blinding headlights.

Are you thinking of me, are you alive? Too late, the wheels skid frantically against the wet concrete.

Are you breathing, waiting for me? I feel myself hit the force; I'm flying.

Is your heart beating, are you smiling? The world goes black.

 

A/N: That Taemin's POV at the end, PLEASE tell me how it worked out (comment, comment, comment)!! I didn't want to do the whole angsty-sad-emotional-tears thing, since I've already done that, and thought I'd be spontanous and try (emphasis on the word TRY) something new. It's did not really a poem... I don't know what it is to be honest... :/ ;) xx But dont' worry there will be the angsty-sad-emotional-tears drama as well (it that makes any sense ;)

But yeah, I tried my best and had MAJOR writers block (more like writer's brick wall) whilst writing this, as I'm trying to tie all the knots toghether, as *sheds a dramatic tear* the story is reaching its end. :(

Update soon<3