Saving your Life

When I began to believe...

Taemin's POV

Silence.

The unanswered question hanging in the air, waiting for answer. Did you kill him?

Two intense pair of eyes staring at me, waiting for me to speak; reveal the truth.

To uncover all our secrets.

Buy what could I say? If I admit... it would ruin everything.  If I lie... then, in one sentence, I'm dedicating the rest of my life to run from a secret. Running from the past until the day I die.

I look into Minho's eyes, desperete for any guidance of what to say. But all I see is compassion, love, worry. Key sits on my right, his hands in his lap as he leans on Jonghyun's shoulder, who sits in a silent glaring contest with one of the officers.

I tear my gaze away from Minho's, looking away. The light is artificial, so pale it reminds me of a hospital. Everything about this place... was taunting, too formal for a standard prison office, or at least those shown by the TV; I'd never imagined I'd ever find myself actually in one. The mint green walls were closing in on me, trapping me, demanding me to confirm their suspicions.

"Taemin?" The officer asked, followed by a dreadfall awkwardness.

I swallowed. My throat was true, as if made by bricks. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. , , ! What do I say?

Minho squeezed my hand, making me look back at him. His eyes were filled with doubt, yet with a hint of determination. He nodded, so slightly I almost missed it. I felt my hand freeze in his. Was he serious? Do we tell them?

My mind flashed back to our night together, the night we'd finally admitted ourselves to another. "I trust you" I whispered to his deaf ears. It was true; I meant it, and equally as much then as now.

"Yes" I croaked.

They all instantly stiffened at my reply, even the officers. I felt Key's glare like daggers, Onew's dissapointing gaze like knives, Jonghyun's concern like needles. What was left, was Minho squeezing my hand tightly, as if afraid I might go.

"Mr. Lee, was anyone accompanying you during crime?" Mr. Richards said, his tone free of any emotion and intrest.

"We all were" This time Minho spoke, looking at them evenly. I saw the logic behind his sentence; we were all involved; we were all going to go down together.

The officer to his side nodded and scribbled down notes in his pad. Mr. Richard continued to stare at us, his eyes flat.

A lifetime of silence passed.

Did I do the right thing? Was telling the truth the right thing to do? Waves of doubts washed over me. We were all going to go to jail, spending God knows how many years there. Had I just betrayed my friends? Had I just sent all our fates into a cell? A prison?

"Thank You" He said, his eyes turning from emotionless to sympathy.

What?

Had I heard him right? Had he just said...?

"You did us a great favour." The other officer followed up on, leaning back in his chair.

Thank you?! WHY on EARTH would a murder be ANYTHING to be grateful for?!

"Excuse me?" Minho asked, his face as confused as I felt.

"We... Haven't been exactly truthful" Mr. Richard said, looking at all of us in gratefullness.

"Right. Explaination, please" Key said, staring at him, his face a mixture of shock and doubt.

"Where to start..." He sighed, his arms crossing over on the table.

"When we recieved an anomonus call, we were told you were kept hostage, as you already know. We checked records, and it seemed to match as no one had seen you for the last week or so, all with theories of plausible reasons why. We went over to Mr and Mrs Lee to find out if they knew any of this, and if they didn't, infomation about you to track you down and locate your... prison."  He spoke the last word questioningly. I blushed and looked into my lap. With Minho, it hadn't been much of a prison in the end.

"However, there's more. What the anomonus call also said was that GD had been involved with... Chemical weapon dealings, to put it formally. Whoever this person was, she seemed to know more than she should've." He paused, taking a breath."He was in possesion of an incredible destructive terroist-market bought bomb. The person on the other side of the line left names of other criminals involved in this act, who we have already questioned, and revealed their plans. The three of them all admited to GD having been the master of this plan, but never having showed up."

"Where was he planning on planting this bomb?" Onew interrupted, speaking for the first time since we'd came here.

"In a basement of a powerful bank in central Seoul. This bank seemed to have reaveled several flaws with GD's account, and had the power, and responsibiblity, to take all the wealth from him, as most of the money recorded were fake, or from illegal sources." He asnwered, looking at him.

"So if we hadn't killed him..." Minho began, piecing the puzzle pieces together.

"...Then most of Seoul would be dead right now. If not for your successful attempt at murdering him, for whatever irrelevant personal reasons you have, then most of us would not be here today." He finished.

"ing hell..." Jonghyun muttered.

I sat there, frozen on the spot, thoughts reeling in my mind. Minho's speech of GD at the end had been right all along. "We never killed a human; We killed a monster. A beast. And in doing so, saved God knows how many lives". It was scary how accurate he'd been.

I felt tears down my cheek.

His death... If we hadn't commited it, how many would be dead now? How many children at school, adults at work, would not have been right here right now?

How many people knew of frightingly close they had came to their death.

How could a person be that evil? To want to kill so many, so brutally...?

"May I ask why you lot wanted to kill him, unaware of this infomation?" He asked, clasping his hands toghether.

"Because he killed my sister..." I began, the tears increasing at the memory.

"Oh?" He asked, encouarging me to explain futher.

"Can we leave?" Minho asked, avoiding the topic, speaking for all of us.

"Yes, you have to speak to briefly to the FBI waiting outside, only to confirm your identification. We'll handle the rest" Giving us his best victory smile.

All of began to shuffle out front, Jonghyun and Key taking the lead.

I'd been so sure we'd all go to prison. So sure that this had been our inevitable fate, that nothing good would come out of this, nothing good could come out of this.

I'd been so, so very wrong.

And then it clicked. The one question we hadn't asked, not that it mattered to much.

I was the last one in the room, watching as they began to pack up their suitcases and notepads.

"Sir?" I asked, letting the remaining tears fall.

"Yes?" Mr Richard looked up at me, one hand still in his briefcase.

"Who was the anonomous call?" I asked.

He smirked at me. "Hence the word 'anonomous'. We don't know, although I certainly wished they'd left their identification in this mess. Along with you guys, she was practically a hero." He said.

"Oh" I said, turning to leave, go back and find Minho.

"But there was one thing" He said just as I was about to close the door. I stopped and looked back at him, eyebrows raised. "Hmm?" I asked.

 

"She did mention her name at one point... I think it was... Sulli, or something rather".

 

A/N: NOW HOWS THAT FOR A CLIFFHANGER?! Is Sulli not dead, do you think? Is it a scam, someone using her name? Hehhehe....

Sorry for the long chapter, I was going to end it at "Thank you" but got too into it and kinda forgot. I'm OFFICIALLY on a 2 week holiday now (Thank all the goodness in the world) and FINALLY can write without having to simutaniously calculate how many hours of sleep im gonna get before, until I have to drag my sorry to school. I'm so optimistic about life.

I've also edited my profile now a bit (in case you haven't already noticed), and changed the forward of this a bit (You don't need to check; it's all the same, just a bit more relevant.).

I'VE ALSO STARTED THAT OTHER STORY I'VE BEEN GOING ON ABOUT NOW: (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/404862/animal-love-jongkey-supernatural-) Which you should totally check out.

I'll stop talking now. Please comment on this chapter, I'm kinda unsure how it turned out near the end, and would be EVER SO GRATEFUL for your opinion. Update soon <3