How much can you hide?

When I began to believe...

 

Minho's POV

The silence in the car was... Agonizing, to put it mildly. Onew drove, his knuckles white gripping the steering wheel, his eyes fastened on the road ahead. Key and Jonghyun were talking amongst themselves, mostly Jonghyun trying to calm down a furious Key.

Me? All I could think about was that pounding headache starting to build. Who knew murder could cause such head pressure? I mentally sneered at my own sarcasm, as my eyes travelled over at Taemin sleeping on my shoulder.

His face looked so angelic, I couldn't help but his cheek gently. The movement so familiar it almost felt like a reflex. "Minho..." He mumured, snuggling closer to me, hand clinging onto my jacket.

I smiled and draped my arm around his shoulders, kissing his forehead, careful not to wake him up. I sighed and looked back on the road, trying to endure the awkwardness. Lucky I thought to Taemin. I wish I could fall asleep too.

I met Onew's raging gaze in the rearview mirror. His glare could've fried bacon crisp, I swear.

I stared at him, reflecting his expression, which quickly turned into an unspoken staring contest. Whatever the story was, between him and Taemin, it was time to put at an end. I mean honestly, what the is? Taemin is a person, not an object; he makes choices.

And if that is what this really is, a choice, than it's up to Taemin to make it. Not me, not Onew.

A loud horn brought snapped me back to reality, a large truck missing us by a few centimeters. Onew quickly refoucused on the road, swearing under his breath.

"WHAT THE ?!" Key shouted, his old dive returning to him. Good to see someone going back to normal.

"I HOPE YOU DRIVE INTO A DITCH!" He continued, swearing at the long gone truck. Jonghyun broke into a cough, failing at hiding his laughter.

"What's happening...?" I heard that angelic voice. Great, Taemin woke up. I shot Onew a glare, blaming him, despite knowing it wasn't really his fault for waking him

"Almost there" He snarled, stepping on the pedal. I felt the force knock me backwards as the car sped up.

"Stupid drivers who got their licence by video games" I said, shifting so he could sit in my lap. I felt him chuckle, the sound making my heart leap. I didn't need to look to see Onew glaring at us.

"Where are actually going?" Jonghyun said, asking for all of us.

"Have a guess" Onew snarled sarcastically. I saw Jonghyun flinch, his eyes looking over at us worridly.

"You're driving to my parent's house, arn't you?" Taemin said, his voice flat. Onew only continued to drive.

"Onew..." He began, his voice uncertain.

"No, Taemin. Your parents are the only one's who are going to be able to give us the answers we need, such as whether your sister is really dead" I felt Taemin cringe in my lap at the last word. "They're the only one's that are gonna be able to pull us out of this hole we've dug ourselves" He finished.

"Excuse me? What "hole"? How is this our fault?" I asked. Be mad all you want, but don't blame Taemin. After all, it was me who kidnapped him, the memory bringing a pain of regret. Taemin's probobly the most innocent of us all.

"Oh puh-lease. If you hadn't kidnapped him-" He began.

"SHUT UP!" Key screamed, giving both of us dirty looks. "BOTH OF YOU, PULL YOUR TOGETHER." He stared at us for an eternity, like a owner to it's misbehaved dog. Eventually he looked away to Jonghyun again, who squeezed his hand tighly.

The horrific silence settled once again. Onew was now breaking whatever speed limit there was, whilst Taemin kept giving him concering looks.

A small part of me wondered how he could even feel sympathy for that insensitive idiot.

 

Taemin's POV

 

"We're here" Onew said, pulling up in the familiar driveway. None of us moved an inch.

I hadn't been here for... At least a year. Perhaps two. Nothing had changed (a scary resemblance to my parents); the house still reminded more of a haunted house than a place to call "home", bringing more bad memories than good. The roses planted were still too trimmed for perfection to be natural. Nothing here was natural here, come to think of it.

"Taemin... Are you ok?" Minho looked down on me, his eyes full with worry.

"I'm fine" I lied. I hated lying, but right now it seemed like the only thing I could do.

He have me a look which showed just how much he didn't believe me. I put on a fake smile, hoping to convince him.

"What do we say?" I asked, distracting Minho, generally curious.

"The truth" Onew said. All of us looked at him like he'd just admitted to secretly being an alien.

"We can't" I stammered. "My parent's... I'd have to leave their country. I'd never see any of you again."

The silence fell again. It wouldn't be long until people started realizing the disappearance of GD; which in its turn would raise more questions than we could answer. On the other hand, the chances us getting away with it were small... particularly for Minho.

Minho I thought.

"Even if we tell the truth... How do we explain Minho?" I asked, feeling his gaze shift to me.

Onew scoffed. "We don't" He murmured, almost too low to hear. This Minho-Onew thing needed to be sorted, and soon. It was only a matter of time before one of them snapped.

"At least I was there for him" Minho replied, his voice challanging.

"What the is that supposed to mean?" Onew snarled, twisting in his seat around to look at him.

"Guys..." Key began, looking out the window.

"Just sayin..." Minho sighed, leaning back in his seat whilst rolling his eyes.

"Seriously..." Key said again.

"At least I didn't kidnap him" He retorted. Minho flared.

"You two might wanna look at this..." Both ignored Key, arguing with another.

"You really put the A in , don't you?" He said, much to Onew's anger.

"GUYS!" Key shouted, causing all of us to look at him. "What NOW?!" Onew snarled, staring at him.

Key pointed at the window, all of us following his hand.

Outside, parked onto the perfeclty-trimmed lawn, was a police car, it's light flashing. The rain on the back was still dripping; it couldn't have been here long. I felt the realzation of it dawn on me. Never, in the many years I'd spent here, had a police car been here. Not even when I'd came home drunk at 2am one night, having someone spiked my drink.

My parents never called the cops, not with their reputation and the attention it'd attract; the media would come like flies to sugar.

 

If ever... The cops would come to them.

 

A/N: Oh yeah! That's right, it's not all over yet. (I didn't hint this before; but there WAS/IS more action/drama to come).... Saw it coming?! ;) I'm also quite proud of this chapter name... Get it? :D The double meaning? :D  No? ....Okay :(   xx ;)

1000 views?!?! OMG.... *Holds back tears* I LOVE YOU GUUUYS! ~ <3 You make my world... xx I don't know how to thank you!  thank you so much for reading... you don't understand how much it means to me xxx

I should probobly start with that big History essay I haven't done (Oh, I am the master of the whole Lets-Leave-All-The-Big-Essays-To-The-Last-Day-Thing. It should totally have a name) <3

Comment on feelings and subscribe for more... <3