Trusted

When I began to believe...

Minho's POV

I shove the glass doors open, stumbling inside. For an ER, all seemed too calm. I run up to a  woman sitting behind a office desk, looking focused on the laptop screen.

"Hello sir, how ma-"

"Wheres, Tae...min?" I managed, panting in between words. I tried to focus on my breathing, desperete for that oxgyen to flow through my lungs again, feeling my sweaty palms grow sticky against the cool desk. The woman gave me a judging look.

"Taemin..." She mumbled whilst typing onto her keyboard. Hurry the up! I wanted to shout at her.

It was so, so stupid. Deciding to 'split up' looking for him? deciding that that would be the best way to find him? I could kick myself. That's how every horror movie starts, idiot! And in a way, Taemin getting hurt, was my very own horror film. Onew, to my suprise, had been the one who'd called me.

"Ah. Lee Taemin" She said, smiling up at me. I wanted to slap that smirk away from her face. I forced a smile back. Never had it hurt my cheeks so much to simply smile before, the facial expression feeling alien.

"Along corridoor number 4 in the last room, 38, in the east w-"

And I was running again, my feet pounding the tile floor. All was a blur; briefly I saw the number 4, tearing open one of the double doors, running as fast as I could, despite the sense of being in slow-motion, to the last door.

35.... 36... 37...

38.

A red, solid wooden door stood before me. I looked at the door handle, hesitating to press it down.

Slowly, I opened the door, my heart pounding in my ears, this time not just from the running.

In all honesty, I didn't know what to expect; for him to be unconcious, to be awake. I didn't know if I'd walk in a rushed surgery, blood coating the doctors hands, or if he'd be in a silent coma, or if he'd already be covered in a white sheet.

What I didn't expect... Was for him to be smiling, laughing with Onew.

I walked in, feeling more awkward than scared. Onew looked at me first, his smile fading, replaced by a hurt look. Taemin, confused at his sudden changed mood followed his gaze, his eyes visibly lit up when he saw me.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. He was ok. He wasn't hurt. I jogged the last meters to his bed, throwing my arms around him. "Taemin..." I breathed into his neck as he wrapped his arms around me. I felt a tear slip, defying their way down my cheek.

I pulled away and looked at him, taking in his beauty. His rose cheeks, tear filled eyes, plump lips... All features of him being alive. I his cheek, feeling his warmth radiate off him. Another tear slipped as I smiled, his eyes reflecting my love.

I choked back a sob. He was alive.

"Are you okay..?" I managed, observing any sign of injury. He looked fine... But then again, looks could decieve.

"I'm okay..." He said, pulling me in for a kiss.

His lips hesitant against mine, a mere brush. I let my hand rest on the crook of his neck as I kissed back, feeling those addictivly soft lips press gently against mine. I knew I was more than awkward to Onew, who was rising up from visitors chair, walking away. But then again, a few minutes ago I didn't know whether I was ever going to get another chance to kiss him again.

I didn't know why he'd run out, or how he managed to get hurt, but right now, right here, it didn't matter. It could wait.

"I love you" He said, once we pulled back for air, his lips slightly swollen.

"I love you too" I whispered, wiping away his falling tears.

 

Onew's POV

I couldn't watch them anymore, sharing their romantic hollywood-like moment.

I hated to admit it... But Minho's words got to me. I couldn't say it out loud, but... He had a point.

Taemin choosing him... had been his choice. I loved him for who he was, but also hated him for picking him over me. I knew that, having picked someone over me once, I could never be truly happy with him, in a romantic sense, even if something was to break between him and Minho. Which, by the look of things, wasn't very likely to happen anyway.

I let the door close behind me, silently shutting it, careful not to interrupt them. Although I doubt they noticed I left anyways.

It wasn't fair, I think anyone could see that. But on the other hand, one of us would end up being hurt anyways. I hated Minho for what he'd done, knowing that if he hadn't appeared in Taemin's life, I'd actually have a chance with him. And likewise, I hated myself for expecting Taemin to repay me for me being friends with him. Friendships didn't work like that, even I knew that much.

I looked around the silent corridoor, some paintings having been hung up to decorate the place, although nothing could get rid of that uncomfortable feeling of sickness every hospital; everything too silent, too clean, too calm. The negativity of the place having been absorbed into the walls.

Jonghyun and Key had been on their way, according to the previous phone call. Having been on the other side of Seoul, plus the time being the evening rush-hour, they were bound to take their time.

"You have an incoming call from: Taemins parents." My phone beeped.

I started at the blinking screen. They probably got the news of Taemins disappearance.

I flipped it open, holding it to my ear, unsure of what to say. How do I explain all of this...?

"Onew?" The voice on the other line asked.

"Yeah... It's me, look-" I began.

"Where's Taemin? His phone is shut off." Mrs. Lee interrupting me. More like runned over on a road. Oh, or in a dead-mans house. I thought sarcastically.

"Yeah... it's broke. He's at-"

"a hospital. We knew" She said impatiently. "Is he fine?" How could they know that already?!

"He's awake, talking and... Well, walking I guess." I replied uncertainly.

"Has he been informed of his sisters funeral?"

Wait... What? How could they already know...? Who told them Sulli was dead...? GD told us less than 6 hours ago... The only ones that knew were us, and the thankful police officers.

"No..." I replied.

She made a displeased sound. "Well, its already been" She replied, her voice emotionlessly.

Emotionless I wanted to snarl at her. In her shoes, she'd lost one of her 2 children, the second one being in the hospital, and here she was, bein displeased that he hadn't recieved news from his sisters death.

Then again, they'd never been famous for sharing, let alone expressing, their feelings.

"I'll tell him" I promised.

"Good." She stated and hung up. I glared at the screen as the screensaver went off.

With a loud sigh, I put my hand on the door handle.

I hate my life right now I thought as I pressed it down.

 

A/N: Hellloo.... Yeah I'm still here, not dead yet ;)

Right. I realize that you lot are probably MASSIVLY confused about what's happening from Sulli. (Readers: Is she dead?! Is she alive?!) And the truth is... That there is no solid answer. (I'll BRIEFLY explain More on that later ~ I'm too tired at the moment)

I'm so sorry for the late update! They say holidays are meant for relaxing... But No! Stupid, irrational, things keep popping up, preventing me from writing. Much of which I don't want to do in the first place.

I also known its been AGES since I'd done a "Onew's POV" For a while, but theyre ya go. :)

Update soon<3