Chapter 6: The CEO

CHERISH OUR TIME

 

Aaron’s POV

“Sir, she doesn’t want to be a secretary. She said she do not like secretary work. Should I offer her another job, or stick to this?”

Sigh. If I stick to this, she might not want to work here. “Just ask her what kind of job she likes, and give her the job she wants. After that, report to me.”

“Yes, sir.”

I hang up the phone, and started to think. Why doesn’t she take reply my text messages? I texted her yesterday, asking what kind of job does she like. Yan Design and Constructions offers a lot of different jobs, so if she states any, I am able to get it for her, without going through any hassle of interviewing, and also make her work with me for most of the time here. Earlier morning I asked my Mr Kang, my PA, to help me check whether Ying Jie has come for a job interview, since I am not sure whether she would come or not. When I found out from him that she’s here, I am happy, but still, I do not know what kind of job she like, so I dial the HR department extension and wanted them to offer her to be my secretary, but not disclosing my name. I wanted to surprise her. In the end, she didn’t accept being secretary. Since I wanted her to stay in this company, I can’t force her right? I can see that she really needs a job and an apartment. Right, apartment. I quickly dial Mr Kang extension. He came in almost immediately.

“Yes sir?”

“I need you to find all available apartments information near this district. Collect all those information and pass it to me.”

“Will do, sir.”

“You may go out back to your work now.”

After he went out, I heard a knock on my door. It was Miss Chen.

“Mr Yan, you have a meeting in 15 minutes time. I have already prepared all the documents needed for you. Here it is.”

“Thank you Miss Chen.”

“And sir, your sister just called. She said she would be here at 5PM.”

What? My sister’s here?! Must not be something good.

“Okay. I’ll be in the meeting room soon. You can go first.”

“Yes, Mr Yan.”

***

“Alright. Mr Zhang will make all the decisions. End of meeting.”

Everyone gather all their things and left the meeting room. I look at my watch, 5:10PM. She must be here. I went back to my office, and saw her sitting on the couch.

“What are you doing here Miss Yan Zi Qing?” She looks at me, and gave me her usual smile.

“Ge (Brother)! Finally! I’ve been here waiting for so long!”

“You haven’t answered my question Ya Tou.”

“Hehe. Actually, Mom wanted me to work here. That’s why I came.”

“Are you serious about working?”

“Of course! If you gave me the job I like.”

This girl… She has not been serious in anything. Not in school, not in relationship, and definitely not in work. But I know one thing she’s serious in. She’s serious in getting herself wearing nice clothes, and making herself look pretty. During her school days, she has made enough trouble by sleeping in classes, skipping classes, but she manages to graduate. For relationships, she had N number of ex-boyfriends. She changes every few months, but now she has stick to her current one for almost a year now. The guy is very nice to her. Hope that their relationship maintain. Back to current topic, she needed a job, and I need to get her one. Hope she’s really serious about work. I dial Mr Kang extension and tell him to come in.

“Ya Tou, tell Mr Kang what job you want. Mr Kang will get it for you.”

 “Miss Yan, please follow me to my office.”

“Okay.”

Then, Ya Tou follow Mr Kang out. Not after a minute they went out, my office telephone rings.

“Yes?”

“Mr Yan, Mrs Wang from First Level HR Department is here.”

She must be here telling me about the job Ying Jie’s taking.

“Let her in.”

Mrs Wang knocks on the door and came in, holding some papers.

“Sir, this is Miss Wu’s contract and application form. She has taken up interior designer job, and will start work tomorrow.”

I flipped through her application form. Her previous job is sales promoter. Sales promoter should be lively and happy isn’t it? But she seems sad to me. A knock on my door wakes me up from my thought. I pass the papers back to Mrs Wang and tell her to go back from work. I allowed the person who knocks on my door to come in. It’s Mr Kang.

“Sir, these are the information on the apartments available near this district. And Miss Yan has left. She’s taking interior designer job, and she does not want to disclose her identity when working. She’s starting work tomorrow.”

Interior design? Isn’t that same as Ying Jie? So they are going to work at the same department.

I took the documents from him.

“If there’s nothing else, you may go back to work.”

“Yes sir.”

I look through the different apartments’ information. There’s one that is near here. If I get her this apartment, she won’t need to travel long to work. The place around the apartment is great too. There’s a nearby shopping mall, and it is easy to get transport. I’ve decided. I should get her this apartment.

My message tone rings. I take a look at my phone. A text message from Ying Jie! I quickly open up the text message.

 

From Ying Jie
Hi. I’ve gotten the job at your workplace. Thank you for introducing me to this company. Sorry for not replying you yesterday. I’ve switched off my phone till now.

To Ying Jie
It’s okay! At least you have gotten the job you want. Maybe we could celebrate that you have gotten a job later tonight? A dinner?

From Ying Jie
Sorry, I have something on tonight. Maybe we could eat together tomorrow lunch? Since we are working in the same company, it should not be difficult.

To Ying Jie
Definitely! Alright I’ll see you tomorrow.

 

Tomorrow. Lunch with her. Yes! I’ll tell her about the apartment tomorrow then.