Chapter 28: Misunderstanding / Letting the Truth Out

CHERISH OUR TIME

Ying Jie’s POV

From Aaron Baby ♥
Are you still mad at me?

From Aaron Baby ♥
I’m really sorry :’(

From Aaron Baby ♥
You can scold me, hit me, do whatever you want with me, but don’t ignore me please T.T

 

“Just reply him.”

“Huh?” I move my eyes away from my phone and to Sheng Yi.

“You’ve been looking at the text for so long, just reply him. I do not know what happened between the both of you, maybe the both of you had a fight or something, but remaining angry at someone will make you grow old faster you know.” He says, and pointing to the side of my eyes. I hit his hands away.

“Hey! I do not have wrinkles okay! And… it’s not that I’m angry with him.”

“If you’re not, then why aren’t you talking to him?” He asked.

I thought back to the conversation that I had with Rainie, the day when I know her reason of leaving Aaron, of her Leukemia. I’m just afraid. Afraid I’ll break her promise. Afraid Aaron will hate me if he found out later. Afraid… afraid he’ll go back to Rainie. I know I’m selfish here, but I can’t help it.

“Earth to Wu Ying Jie!” I was surprised when I heard a shout beside my ear.

“Can you stop that?!” I frown at him as he keeps laughing.

“It’s always funny when you’re surprised by some little things.” He said in between his laughter. I glare at him.

“Okay, okay! I’m sorry!” He said and stopped laughing. Then I regain my smile.

“Your smile is much better than your frown. But what are you thinking earlier when I asked you why you are not talking to Aaron?” He asked again. Can I tell him? I can’t right? What if he told Aaron about it?

“If I tell you, can you don’t tell Aaron?” I asked, with a really, serious tone. He look at me closely as I waited for him answer.

“Okay, I won’t tell him anything.”

***

It’s been 2 months since me and Rainie became friends. We hang out a lot, like what friends usually do. Maybe it’s because we have a lot of things in common, that we are able to get along well. Her secret is still safe with me, and well, maybe Sheng Yi. I told him about Rainie, about what she told me. Sheng Yi promised that he won’t tell a thing to Aaron, although he said it’s best to let Aaron know. I do not have the courage to tell Aaron. “Maybe something will trigger you to tell him.” He said. I promised Rainie I won’t tell him, and nothing will trigger me to tell him, I hope. I’ve replied a text to Aaron after that too. Our relationship becomes greater and greater. We’re happy together, but I can’t help but always think of Rainie’s situation. Maybe I’m becoming more and more selfish. But a promise is a promise. I won’t tell Aaron about Rainie.

“I’ve reached the place.”

“Okay, I’ll be coming right out.”

I take a sip of my Americano after I hanged up the phone call. After a few minutes, Rainie walked in, with few bags in her hands. I waved at her after she spotted me.

“Hi!” She says and smiles at me. I did the same to her.

“These are for you.” She says and holds out the bags that she was holding earlier.

“For me? Thank you.” I said and take the bags from her hands.

“These are my latest design and I made them, but my stores are closed down, so I can’t give to the manufacturer and can’t manufacture more to sell it. I decided to give it to you. I hope you like it.” She said as she takes out some of dresses in the bags. I was awed. These dresses are so beautiful. It was stitched beautifully and its design too! Rainie must have spent a lot of time designing and making the dresses herself. I push the bag back to her. “I can’t take it. You should keep it for yourself.” She puts in a lot of effort, she should keep it for herself.

“Take it. I’m not designing anymore, and I’ve decided to go to the States. Dr. Koh suggests me to go there for a better treatment. I’ve decided to take the risk, take the chance to live. I might not have a chance to wear them. I hope you can wear them and not let my design become a waste.”

I was about to open my mouth to say something, but was stopped by a hand holding me and forcefully pulling me up from my seat.

“What are you doing Rainie? Why are you disturbing Ying Jie? I have told you not to bother her anymore!” Aaron yelled at Rainie while blocking me from her, and causes everyone in the café to look at us. He must have thought Rainie came to bother me, to jeopardise our relationship. He misunderstood the situation here. “Aaron…” I called him and hope he would turn around to look at me, but he didn’t. His eyes are still fixed on Rainie.

“Aaron, it’s not her fault. Actually-”

“I’m sorry Aaron. I just have something to tell Ying Jie. I won’t bother her anymore. For real, this time.” She said, got up from her seat and getting ready to leave. “I hope you will always be forever out of our sight.” Aaron said, and caused Rainie to stop in her steps. Ouch, it must be painful hearing such harsh words from someone you love. She turns to look at the both of us. Her eyes… she’s hurt, she’s in pain. “I will, now. I’m sorry for everything I’ve caused.” She said and left. Aaron pulled me out of the café and to his car after that.

“Ying Jie, please don’t meet Rainie if she tell you to. And if you saw her anywhere, stay far away from her. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Aaron…”

I felt guilty. Maybe it’s because I’m partly involved in her situation, and have caused Aaron to hate her so much. It’s my fault. I can’t cause someone else’s sadness and pain to get my happiness. I can’t. The things I’m afraid, I have to overcome them. I have to be brave. I can’t hold it any longer.

“Actually Rainie didn’t bother me. I bothered her. I wanted to be her friend.”

“What?! Why?! Ying Jie! You know she tried to jeopardise our relationship before! Why do you trust her?”

“Because she had her reasons! She’s like me, before! She has Leukemia!” Aaron froze when I let out the truth.

I know Sheng Yi’s words are true. Aaron needs to know. He’s part of it too. And the things that have happened today, had triggered me to tell him the truth. I break Rainie’s promise. I shouldn’t have, but I can’t help it. I can’t feel guilty any longer. I let my tears out as I continue telling him everything.

Sorry Rainie. Sorry Aaron. I’m sorry.

***

A/N:

Short chapter, and now the story is getting more and more predictable.

Check out and support my new one-shot Miracle in December too, in both Guilun and Khuntoria version (as both couples are my favourites)!

Miracle in December (Guilun)

Miracle in December (Khuntoria)

I'll try to update soon.

HottestPudding signing off xxx