Prologue

CHERISH OUR TIME

 

Ying Jie's POV

"Ying Jie... Will you marry me?"

We're in an elegant restaurant, with only me and him, and no one else. He booked the whole restaurant for me. We're having a candlelit dinner. This is what I've always wished for, being proposed in such an environment. Just me... And him. Since this is what I've always wished for, why am I hesitating? I love him, he loves me. Just because he loves me... I can't. If he had ask me earlier, I could still accept his proposal, but now, I really can't.

"I... I can't accept... I'm sorry Sheng Yi." I said and quickly ran out of the restaurant. I quickly hail a cab and got in.

"Ying Jie! Ying Jie! Wait!" He chased after me... or should I say, he chased after the cab. Seeing him chase, makes me wanted to get down and tell him the truth.

"Don't... Don't chase anymore..." I let out my tears. "I can't let you get hurt..."

* * *

Aaron's POV

I'm at the park, sitting down on the bench, watching all the couples around me. The couples reminded me of the times, that she and I are still a couple, when she is still by my side.

-Flashback-

"Lun! You know I always love you no matter what happens right?"

"Of course Rainie. I can see it in your eyes. I love you as much as you do."

"Then promise me... That you'll always have me in your heart, no matter what happens."

She lets out her pinky, waiting for me to seal the promise. I smiled at her. Without hesitation, I sealed the promise, because I know I'll always love her, and she'll always have my heart.

-End of Flashback-

"Rainie..." I closed my eyes, putting my hand over my heart. "You're always in my heart, even after all these years..."

"But where have you gone to?"