Chapter 20: She's Back

CHERISH OUR TIME

Ya Tou’s POV

Did my eyes and ears play a trick on me? The famous Italy Fashion Designer I like is actually Rainie?! I know that designer’s name is Rainie, but I didn’t think that it would Rainie Jie! I thought it is just some person having the same name. Plus, there isn’t any photo of that fashion designer on magazines and internet.

After the entertainment program ended, I called Ge. I need to tell him. But to think again, does he still love Rainie Jie? And if he does, what about Ying Jie? Before he can pick up, I end the call. I decided not to tell him, but to let him find out himself.

I went back home straight after work. I went to my room, take a shower, and heads to the family room, since Mom and Grandma are always there before dinner. I went in, and was surprised to see Rainie there with them. She saw me. She walks towards me and give me a hug.

“Ya Tou! I missed you!”

I look at Mom and Grandma, while she’s still hugging me. They just shrug at me.

“H…Hi Rainie Jie. Why are you here?” I ask after she releases the hug. She chuckles and gives me an answer. “I’m here for Aaron of course! I’m waiting for him to come home.”

Why is she looking for Ge? Does the boyfriend she stated in the interview was Ge?! I wanted to ask to clear my doubts, but I don’t know how to ask her. Instead, I say something that made Mom and Grandma glares at me.

“He won’t be coming back. He’s at the hospital.”

“Hospital?! Is he hurt? Sick? Which hospital? I need to go and find him.” She says, but Mom stops her.

“No, he’s not hurt or sick. He’s fine, and healthy.” Mom says. I heard her let out a sigh of relief. “Then why is he in the hospital?”

All of us don’t know how to answer her. Then I decide to ask her questions about her disappearance. “Where were you Rainie Jie? Why did you left 2 years ago?”

“I… I… I went to Italy to pursue my dreams.”

“And you didn’t even bother to tell Ge?” I ask, getting angry. How can she comes back and look for Ge when she left him without any reasons 2 years ago?

“I don’t know how long I’m going to stay there. I don’t know how to tell him. If I tell him, he will definitely want to come with me, but I don’t want him to come with me. I don’t want to be distracted.” She answers, her voice getting softer and softer. So that’s her reason for leaving? That’s kind of bull , and selfish!

“And you think not telling him won’t affect him? You think he won’t hurt? You make him wait for you like a fool! You should have at least told him something!”

“I… I didn’t think of that. But I’m back now. He won’t need to wait for me anymore.” What?! Her answer is pissing me off. Before I can say something, Grandma opens and speaks. “Enough! Rainie, I’m sorry, but you need to leave.”

“But I haven’t saw Aaron.”

“Aaron will not be back today.”

“Oh okay. Then I’ll come back tomorrow.”

“He won’t be back tomorrow too.” Grandma answers her, plainly. She sounds like she doesn’t want to see her.

“Huh? Then where is he? Where did he go?”

Nobody bothers to answer her. Then grandma leave the room. “I’ll head back to my room first.” She says and left.

Now that’s left in the room is me, Mom, and her. She looks at us, still waiting for us to answer her.

“Rainie, you should leave.” Mom says.

“I won’t leave until someone tell me where is he.” She says, and it annoys me. Why can’t she leave when we are talking to her nicely? Can’t she see that all of us don’t want to see her?

“I told you, he’s in the hospital!” I shout, scaring her and Mom. I didn’t intend to scare Mom actually. I’m just pissed.

“But he’s not sick or hurt. That’s what all of you say.”

I can see Mom is getting fed up too. She takes a deep breath and tells her nicely. “Rainie, don’t bother to find him. He already has a girlfriend.”

“But I’m his girlfriend. Is he cheating on me?” She says, and I mentally slap myself. Seriously, I’m getting more and more pissed. I can see that Mom can’t take it anymore, so she decided to leave the room. So now that’s me and her left.

“Rainie Jie, sorry for being rude, but you left him 2 years ago! He has the right to find another girlfriend!” I shout.

“But I didn’t break up with him!”

Cannot tolerate any of her nonsense, I decided to call Ge. Only Ge can stop all these stupid nonsense of hers.

***

Aaron’s POV

“What?!” I shout, accidentally. Ying Jie jumps a little. I look apologetically at her then continue my conversation with Ya Tou.

“She’s still there?” I ask.

“Yes!” Ya Tou answers, angrily. They must’ve argued.

“I’ll be right back.” I say and hang up the phone. I look over to Ying Jie.

“I need to go back home first. I’ll come back when I’m done with my things.” I say. She nods and says, “You can just stay at home. Don’t need to come back. It’s a long drive.”

“No. I’ll come back later.” I say and kiss her on her lips before I left the room.

I reach home and saw Ya Tou waiting at the foyer. She’s crossing her arm, looking- no, staring angrily at me. I walk towards her and asked her what happened. She told me everything before I head to the family room.

Rainie hugs me once she saw me walk into the family room. I just let her hug me. She releases me and I take a good look at her. She’s still the same, didn’t change a bit.

“Lun! I missed you!” She says and smiles happily at me. I didn’t smile back. I remain cold and ask her questions.

“Why did you want to find me Rainie?”

“I find you to spend time with you. I missed you so I wanted to see you. Don’t you miss me?”

“You don’t need to spend time with me.” I say, ignoring her last question.

“Why not? I’m your girlfriend.”

“No, you’re not. Ever since you left, you’re already not my girlfriend.”

“I left, but that doesn’t mean that I’m breaking up with you.”

“Then treat it as I broke up with you!” I shout. Now I understand why Ya Tou is so pissed.

“No! You can’t!” She says. I can see tears b in her eyes. Now I feel guilty for shouting at her.

“Is it because… you have another girlfriend?”

“She’s my only girlfriend.” I say, calmly.

“I’m also your girlfriend!”

“No you’re not!” I say, this time louder, but I tried not to shout at her. I calm myself down. Then continue what I want to say. “I’m here just to clarify everything between us. You’re not my girlfriend, and you should not come here to disturb my family. You have no reasons to find me. You left 2 years ago, without telling me where you are going. You’re selfish, thinking that telling me will distract and disturb you while you pursue your dreams, and not thinking that you will hurt me if you didn’t tell me. You hurt me, and I waited for you. But you’re too late. I don’t love you anymore.” I say, then I turn around to leave.

“Where are you going?” She asks before I step out of the room.

“To my girlfriend. And you should leave.” I say, and leave the room.