Chapter 24: Taking Suggestion

CHERISH OUR TIME

 

Aaron’s POV

I stayed outside the room, thinking what should I do, and how I should make Ying Jie listen to me. I didn’t leave the hospital. I just stayed outside the room, waiting for Sheng Yi to come out, and then, I am able to go in and tell Ying Jie the truth.

Sheng Yi came out after a while. I stand up and wanted to go in, but Sheng Yi stops me.

“Let’s talk.” He says, and sits down on the seats beside the one that I’ve been sitting earlier. I walk towards him and sat down.

“Is the news true?”

“No.”

“Look, I don’t want you to hurt Ying Jie. I can see that she loves you a lot. It’s just… Give her some time.”

“If I give her time, there will be more possibility that she’ll not believe me, that she’ll not trust me.”

“Then do something that will make her trust you.”

Do something that will make her trust me? But how? I asked him.

“I’m sure you can think of it.” He answers. Now, I can’t think of anything than to talk to her, to tell her, to let her listen to me.

“Rainie came earlier.” Sheng Yi says. Why did she come?

“I saw her leaving Ying Jie’s ward room. She must have told Ying Jie something, because when I went in, she was crying.”

I can feel my anger rising up. What does she want? What did she tell Ying Jie? Why must she do this to me, to Ying Jie, to us?

“I need to go off now. I’m sure you can think of something to make her trust you.” Sheng Yi says. He stands and leaves.

I wanted to call Rainie this instance, to confront her, to tell her to stay away from me, from Ying Jie. But now I know I need Ying Jie to trust me. I can confront Rainie later.

I walk in, and saw Ying Jie sleeping. I went to sit beside the bed and caress her cheek. My heart sank, knowing that she cried because of me, and she’s hurt because of me.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

***

I feel someone calling me. I open my eyes to see that the nurse is calling me to have my dinner. Dinner? I haven’t bought my dinner yet.

"Miss Ying Jie asked me to buy it for you." She says. I’m glad that Ying Jie is still thinking of me, still caring for me.

"Did she have her dinner?" I ask the nurse. She shows me the tray of food.

"Only the soup?" I ask after seeing that only the soup bowl has been empty, and the main course are not even touched. Is it my fault that she’s not eating all of this?

"Yes."

"Oh okay. Thank you Miss Kim." I thank her for the dinner, and also helping Ying Jie. Then she left the room.

I took out the packet of food out from the plastic bag, and then I start to eat my dinner. I look over to Ying Jie while I’m eating. She’s sleeping. I think back to what Sheng Yi told me. He told me to do something that will make her trust me. I don’t know how I can make her trust me. Then I think of something, but I know it is really bad and vicious for Rainie.

After I have my dinner, I called Rainie. Not in Ying Jie’s ward room of course. I went out of the room to call her.

“Yes Aaron?” She answers the call.

“How can you lie to the media?” I ask angrily. I wanted to shout, but I know I can’t, as I’m in the hospital.

“Lie? I didn’t lie. I told them the truth, that you were my boyfriend for 8 years.”

“That’s not the truth! You are not my girlfriend for these 2 years!”

“You are! We didn’t officially break up!”

“I told you to treat it as I have broken up with you! Why can’t you get it?!”

“No. No! I don’t want you to break up with me. I don’t want you to leave me!”

“I didn’t. We can still be friends, but after what you did, I don’t think I can have a friend like you. I’m telling the media the truth.”

“You can’t! You’ll ruin me! I have worked so hard to get what I have now. You can’t just destroy it.”

“See! Your job is much more important than your love towards me. You’ve changed Rainie. The Rainie I know was not as bad as she seems now.” Yes, she’s kind and caring when I know her, but she has changed into someone I didn’t know.

“No Aaron. I didn’t change, but you did!”

“I don’t want to argue with you. I just hope that you’ll leave Ying Jie alone. I know you came to find her.”

“What? That ! Telling you-”

“Don’t call her that!” I shout, and everyone walking down the hallway is looking at me. I bow apologetically at them and returns to the phone call.

“Leave her alone. Leave me alone. That’s all I can ask for. If you still want to be a friend to me, I suggest you did what I have asked.” I say and hang up the phone, not even waiting for her to say something.

I went back to the ward room and sit on the couch, thinking what I should do, rather than telling the media the truth. I really wanted to tell the media the truth, but it will ruin Rainie. And if I didn’t, Ying Jie will not trust me, and the whole Taipei will still think that Rainie is still with me.

I called Ya Tou, and asked her for some suggestions, advices. Then I called the guys, asking them for opinions, asking them whether is it the right thing to do, if I take Ya Tou’s suggestion.

***

I woke up the next morning when I heard metal clinking sound. I look over to the bed, and saw Ying Jie looking at me, but she turn back to the tray of food. The nurse left after seeing her taking her utensils and started eating. I walk towards Ying Jie, wanting to tell her what I’m going to do.

“Ying Jie…” I say, hoping she’ll look at me, but she didn’t. She continues to eat her food. I’m at least glad that she’s eating something rather than just a soup.

“Ying Jie… I-”

“You should go to work. It’s late.” She cuts my words, but she’s still not looking at me. I need to tell her what I am going to do, and she’ll need to understand.

“No. You should listen-”

“I don’t want to see you.” She cuts my words again. This time, I’m hurt, really hurt. She says she doesn’t want to see me. Then what am I supposed to do?

Knowing that staying here won’t make her listen to me, and understand. I decided to leave first, even though it really hurts me. I walk towards the door. “I love you, and I’ll hope you’ll understand.” I whisper, and left the room.

I didn’t bother to go back home and shower. I drive straight to the company and was glad that there aren’t any Medias anymore. I head to my office and called Miss Chen to call the Medias for me. I’m taking Ya Tou’s suggestion, and hope it’ll really work.

But most importantly, I hope Ying Jie will understand.

***

A/N: There's a slight change in chapter 22, but I'm not sure whether you will find it. If you didn't, it's ok! Since it's just a slight slight change. :D