Chapter 18: The Night

CHERISH OUR TIME

 

Aaron’s POV

“Why are the two of you standing here smiling ridiculously at each other?”

I look behind Ying Jie. Ya Tou is with Ah Wei. Ying Jie turns around and waves at her. Ya Tou gives her a hug. Ah Wei nods at me as a greeting, I nod back at him.

“I miss you my best, best friend!” Ya Tou says before releasing Ying Jie. “I miss you too.”

“Come, I’ve got lots of things to share with you.” She says and pulls Ying Jie in, forgetting me and Ah Wei. The both of us just follow them to the family room.

Ya Tou pulls Ying Jie to the corner seats which only allows 2 people to occupy. She doesn’t want us, which is me and Ah Wei, to interrupt them. So all we can do is watch the television, or flip through some magazines.

They’ve been talking for like half an hour. Ya Tou sure have lots of topics to share with her. I take a look at Ying Jie. I can see that she’s uncomfortable. Maybe Ya Tou said something that made her feel uncomfortable. Not wanting her to feel uncomfortable, I walk towards them.

“Ya Tou, can you return Ying Jie to me?”

“Sure, sure. I’ll go back to my bored boyfriend then.” She stands and walks towards Ah Wei, I take her seat and naturally wrap my hands around her.

“What did she say that makes you uncomfortable?” I ask, and she gives me a surprise face.

“You knew?” She asks. Of course I knew. Her facial expression and body gesture shows that she’s uncomfortable.

“Yes.”

“Of course! You know how to read me.” She says, trying to tease me. She continues, “She talks about the latest fashion, and my fashion sense is rather bad. I don’t know how to continue that conversation with her.”

“Your fashion sense looks great to me.”

“You and your sweet talk. No, I don’t.”

“Yes you do. It’s not sweet talk. I’m speaking the truth. I’m hurt that you don’t trust me.” I say and pretend that she hurt me. She just chuckles. “Alright, I trust you.” She says and I smile.

Xiao Gui, Genie and Danson walks into the family room. Xiao Gui and Danson are my cousins, and Genie is his girlfriend. We have family dinner with them every weekend. Most of the time we didn’t bring girlfriend/boyfriend with us for family dinner. I don’t know when our chemistry became so good that we bring our girlfriend/boyfriend along. Danson is still single and finding his love partner.

I introduce them to Ying Jie, and she recognises Danson straightaway. Of course, he’s a famous singer, most people knows him. He winks at Ying Jie, and she giggles. I didn’t hear her giggle before. Is she flirting with him in front of me? And Danson flirting with her? I pull Ying Jie closer to me and stare angrily at Danson. He just shrugs and sits down at his usual seat. I pull Ying Jie back to the corner seats.

“You are angry again.”

“Yes.” I hissed.

“Why?”

“You’re flirting with him.”

“No I didn’t.” She says and shakes her head innocently.

“Yes you did. I didn’t hear you giggle before.” I say, this time more calm.

“Did I? I didn’t notice.” She says, and looks at me smiling. “Are you jealous?” She asks.

“Yes- No, I don’t know.” I say. Who won’t be angry when you saw your girlfriend flirting with other guys?

“You are jealous. Don’t be, you know I only love you.” She says and gives me a quick peck on my cheek. Immediately, I smile at her, and then lean down to give her a peck on her lips.

***

Ying Jie’s POV

We're now in the dining room having dinner together with his family. He introduced to me his 2 cousins, Xiao Gui and Danson, Genie, Xiao Gui's girlfriend, Xiao Gui's parents, which I call them Aunty Huang and Uncle Huang, Danson's parents, which I call them Aunty Tang and Uncle Tang, and lastly, his grandma, which she insist me to call her just Grandma.

His family is really friendly. They can talk jokes while eating dinner and many people laughs wholeheartedly. It doesn't look like that kind of formal dinner which rich people always have. Maybe I have watched too much drama.

After the dinner, most of them head to the game room for a game of pool, while some heads back to the family room. Aaron and I are not following them. He just brings me to his room. He just shows me pictures of him when he was younger and tells me stories about them. He looks really happy when he talks about his happy younger past. I really like this side of him.

It's already 10PM when he wants to send me home. We heads out and saw his mother.

"Oh! You're still here! The rest are still playing in the game room. Both of you can join them." She says.

"Mom, it's late. I should send Ying Jie home."

"Oh no you don't son. It's a long drive from here to Skye High. Ying Jie, stay for the night." She says to Aaron and then turns to me and say to me. It's not a question, it's a statement, and she wants me to stay. I turn to Aaron to see his expression, and he's doing the same thing to me. I turn back to Mother Yan and nod.

"I'll get the housekeeper to prepare a room for you."

"No need for that mom. She'll sleep with me." Aaron says, surprising me.

"Alright then. Are the both of you turning in or?" Mother Yan trails off her last word and looks at the both of us suspiciously.

"Mom! Not what you are thinking!" Aaron says, and it makes me realise what Mother Yan meant just now. Oh my! That's embarrassing.

"I'm only asking whether you are turning in or going to the game room." She says, looking innocently. Aaron sure has a cute family.

"Turning in." He answers.

"Then goodnight son! Goodnight Ying Jie! I'll head back to my room too!"

"Goodnight mom!" "Goodnight Mother Yan!" We both say and heads back to Aaron's room.

"Do you need a shower?" He asks. I nod my head at him, answering his question.

"But I don't have any clothes, and also..."

"Also?"

"Undergarments." I say softly and embarrassingly, not daring to look up at him. I can't believe I told him that!

"Um... I'll ask Ya Tou to help you." He says and leaves the room. Oh my! Ya Tou is going to think weirdly when he asks her.

After about 5 minutes, Ya Tou walks in with Aaron. Then she pulls me out of the room and to her room just across his room. She asks me about my bra size and pantie size, and I tell her. She walks to her walk-in closet and take out a t-shirt, shorts, and undergarments to me. It turns out that the both of us have the same size for or undergarments, and since she has new ones, she gave it to me.

"Why is your face so red? Are you sick?" Aaron asks while touching my cheeks and forehead. I can't possibly tell him that Ya Tou teases me about us when I head back to his room.

"Nothing. I'll go and have my shower now." I say and heads to the bathroom.

After I shower, it's his turn to shower. While he's showering, I use the towel to dry my hair, since I can't find the hair dryer. I'm standing in front of the full length mirror in his walk-in closet and dry my hair. I stop drying my hair after I think that it's dry enough.

I'm about to walk out of the closet when I saw strands of hair on the floor. Then I look at the towel on my hand. There are strands of hair on the towel too. I quickly clear it before Aaron came out of the shower. I don't want to let him worry.

I sit down on the couch and switch on the television. Since I got nothing to do, I decide to watch the television, while waiting for him to finish his shower. It's airing Rooftop Prince1 first episode. I have only watched for a few minutes and I kind of like the drama already.

After Aaron comes out of the bathroom, he takes a seat beside me and puts his arm around me. I snuggle close to him since I'm cold, and he's warm.

"You're cold. I'll go and get a sweater for you." He says. Before he can stand, I stop him.

"Don't go. You're warm, and hugging you makes me warm." I say, not even thinking that it's embarrassing. He smiles and hugs me closer to him.

***

"Le's sleep." He says after we watched the first episode of Rooftop Prince.

"Can we don't sleep?" I ask. I want to spend the whole night with him doing anything, but not sleep. He looks at me with his head tilts to one side.

"Aren't you tired?"

"No." I answer, and immediately, I start to yawn. He chuckles. Why do I have to yawn at a wrong time?

"You're tired. Come, let's sleep." He says and pulls me up to stand. We walk towards to the bed. He pushes me to lie down on his bed, then he walks towards his walk-in closet. He came out with a sweater, telling me to wear it. The sweater is big, so it really makes me warm.  Then he climbs onto the bed beside me and switch off the lights with a remote on the bed stand. He pulls me close and kiss on my forehead. I hug him tight. He said something before I went to my dreamland.

"Sleep well, baby."

***

1 A 2012 South Korean Drama (옥탑방 왕세자), starring Park Yoo Chun & Han Ji Min