Twenty-Three

Come at me bro-...YOU'RE A GIRL?!

JongHyun's POV:

"HyunSeung's my friend," I told him. WooHyun arched his eyebrow. 

"What?" he asked me. He sounded like I didn't know what I was talking about. 

"HyunSeung's my new roommate," I said, taking a step back. Seriously, this guy is starting to creep me out now. WooHyun's eyes widened. He glanced back at Hoya and SungYeol who just shrugged. He looked back at me as if I had a disease.

"Are you serious?" he asked me. 

"Didn't I already tell you? Yes, he is," I repeated myself as I rolled my eyes. Seconds past by, and it was silent. WooHyun looked away, and he seemed like he was into deep thought. That is, until he spoke back.

"I'll call him," he told me as he reached for his phone from his back-pocket. I nodded slowly and waited. Wait, why does WooHyun have HyunSeung's phone number? Gosh, I'm never talking to this guy ever again. We stood there as WooHyun pressed his phone against his ear. We waited for HyunSeung to pick up. I fiddled with my fingers like I was the new kid of the class. "He's not picking up," he said with a disappointed face. My eyes widened.

"What? Why?" I asked him crossing my arms. He just scoffed at me.

"How am I suppose to know? Besides, just because he's your roommate doesn't mean you should have to care about him," he said, not even looking at me. He turned around back to his other friends and nodded at them. They started walking ahead, leaving me there. Crap, how am I suppose to find HyunSeung now? I don't know what type of places he would spend his time at. I barely know the guy. I can't find him by myself.

"Wait," I called out to him. What am I doing? Ugh, I don't know. My body's not even listening to me. I'm probably going to regret this but, "Can't you just help me find him?" That stopped them. They all looked at each other before turning back to me.

"Help you? Talking to you was enough, dude. Okay? Remember, we're not even suppose to be in each others presence," WooHyun spoke. My mouth felt dry. I don't know what I'm suppose to say next. I just need to find my goddamn roommate. 

"Just help me look for HyunSeung," I said. WooHyun just glared at me, unsure if he should help me or not. I sighed. "Please?"

 

Next thing you know, I, Kim JongHyun of SHINee, am walking with 3 members of Infinite. Unbelievable, right? We walked down the streets that were crowded with other people. 

"HyunSeung's the type of person to hang out with many people," WooHyun said, as his eyes continued to search for that pretty face of HyunSeung. How does WooHyun know this?

"Erm, how do you know this?" I blurted. Goddamn it! I only meant to think that, not to say it. WooHyun smiled and stared at the ground as we continued to walk. I stared at him, confused. Woohyun lifted up his head and smiled at me. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why is this guy so creepy?

"HyunSeung and I were best friends," he spoke. He looked like he was thinking about his memories with him. Best friends? How did I not know this? 

"Were?" I asked him. Does that mean they're not anymore? 

"Mhm," he confirmed. "I moved away while we were teenagers. It was hard to keep the strong friendship going, you know?" he asked me with hope.

"Hm?" I asked him, my eyes bulging out. "Oh, oh yeah. Yeaaaah. Definitely," I told him nodding my head. Honestly, I don't. I grew up with my best friends till now. He scoffed at my answer. 

"No you don't," he told me. My face burned from embarrassment. "No you don't..." he whispered.

"What? Nooo--" I tried covering up, but SungYeol spoke up.

"If HyunSeung is with L, then I don't think they're here," he sighed, stopping in his tracks. We all halted and stared at him, confused. He sighed again. "L doesn't like big crowds."

WooHyun and Hoya nodded, agreeing, while I, nodded along like I knew what they were talking about.

"You're right," Hoya spoke. "L wouldn't hang out with these many people." We all nodded and headed for another place.

--------------

Our journey for finding HyunSeung (and L) was turning out into a disaster. We've been walking around for an hour and half already with no success. My feet were killing me now. 

"I'm tired!" SungYeol whined as he walked over to a bench on the side. We were walking in a dark alley with no one around. Hoya nodded and joined him. Meanwhile, WooHyun and I continued to walk.

"We'll go get some water," WooHyun yelled back at them. I looked at him, having no idea where we were heading for next. He must've read my mind because he then said, "We'll just go to a mini-mart and get some water." 

"Oh, okay," I said. We continued to walk until I saw a convenience store up ahead. "Hey, found one," I told him as I pointed to it. He nodded and we started running. To be honest, this WooHyun and his friends were... okay, I guess. I mean, they're not as bad as L, so that's great.

 

Once we were there, WooHyun suddenly stopped and crouched down. I looked back at him.

"I found a lucky coin!" he yelled in amusement. He sounds like he just received a present from Santa Claus. He pumped his fists in the air while biting his lower lip. "Nice," he told himself. He really reminds me of some of the other members of SHINee...

I shook my head and grabbed his arm so he'd get out of his fantasy land. "Come on," I told him. I was tired and thirsty now. I've already put up with this guy so I suppose I deserve some water.

We were already in front of the store's entrance and THUMP! Something must've fell inside. Something big. WooHyun and I peeked our head through the door, and we saw a man laying on top of another man. Woohyun and I stared back at each other with disgusted faces. What's a man laying on top of another man doing?

"What are they doing?" WooHyun whispered to me. I shrugged in reply. Suddenly, one of them stood up and OH SH-- OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. WooHyun yelped a little. It was L. Who's under him? L extended his arm down to help the other guy laying on the floor. The one on the floor finally stood up and--- "Hyunseung?!" WooHyun squealed and covered his hands over his mouth like a little girl.

I felt my shoulders tense up as my eyes almost popped out. I stiffened like a rock. Out of no where, HyunSeung looked out the door and I pushed WooHyun to the side so he wouldn't see us. He tumbled over each other on the hard concrete ground.

"Ow!" Woohyun winced as he patted his own head. I hushed him with my finger over his mouth.

"Shh," I whispered. "HyunSeung almost saw us," I told him. We squinted his eyes at me and shoved out of his way to the side. I face-planted into the ground. Ow, I think my nose is broken. I sat up and touched it. Nope, it's not, but it's bleeding now. "Ow!' I whispered loudly and hit his leg while I was still on the floor.

"Why does it matter if HyunSeung saw us?" he asked me and ignored my bloody nose. He walked back up to the door and opened the door, but I quickly shut the door within the speed of light.

"Because, they're going to think we were stalking them," I told him. Honestly, I don't know why we didn't just go inside. I just didn't want HyunSeung to see me. Especially now since my nose is freaking bloody. WooHyun looked at me and pointed at his own nose slowly, like he was telling me something I don't know. "I know, I know," I hushed him.

Out of no where, the door opened and me and WooHyun fell onto the ground, again. But this time, I fell onto WooHyun's stomach as he laid there on his back, groaning. I looked up and met eyes with HyunSeung.

 

HyunMi's POV:

"I'm sorry," MyungSoo spoke as he separated from me. He wiped his tears with the palms of his hands. I tried touching him, but MyungSoo put up his hand, stopping me. "I'm okay, really."

You could see the dark sadness in his eyes. What did I do? He sniffled a little and then wiped his nose. I had the urge to hug him again. He looked like he needed someone to hold right now. The feeling of hugging him wasn't because of my personal feelings toward him though. 

"Can... can you just tell me what's wrong?" I asked him, hoping he would open up to me. "Did I do anything wrong?" I asked him. Once he heard that, he immediately shook his hands in front of my face, denying my worry.

"No, you didn't," he assured me softly. He gazed at the floor for a moment before he looked back to meet my eyes. He flipped the hair that was covering his face. He tried smiling, but it didn't work out for him. "I'm fine."

I shook my head. He wasn't, and he knows it. I wanted to tell him so many things at the moment, but I didn't feel like I had the right to do so. I extended my arms slightly. I couldn't control myself. What's this feeling? I felt like I thought I had these same feelings for DaeHyun, but no, no this is definitely different. I wanted to hug him like he was a giant teddy bear, but I couldn't.

 

Out of the blue, a thump was heard outside. I spun around and saw WooHyun and JongHyun laying outside. The first time I saw them, I thought I might've mistaken them, but now I was sure.

Once I saw them, I opened the door to see what was going on. They probably didn't notice me because they fell down, hitting the ground, hard. Well, for WooHyun that is. I rushed outside and helped him up. MyungSoo followed behind me and took WooHyun from me. I noticed that JongHyun was also laying there, but with a much brighter red nose. 

"Ah!" I screamed once I noticed the blood dripping ouot of his nose. I ran my fingers through his head because he looked unconscious. "Are you okay?!" I yelled.

He started nodding slowly, with his eyes half-open. He needs help. I dragged him inside to get some tissues and other things he might need. The clerk saw his nose and quickly searched for a pack of tissues under her desk. She handed them to me without any questions. I stuffed them under JongHyun's nose. 

"What were you doing?" I asked him, my voice still slightly loud from all of the excitement. 

"I," he started, "I was, you know," he tried saying. "Just, doing the usual men stuff," he chuckled.

"Laying on top of another man is 'usual' for you?" I asked him in amusement. He snapped his head to meet my eyes.

"Hey, who are you to say that? You were doing the same thing!" he yelled in anger, gritting his teeth. Oh yeah, I did. Except that I'm a girl, and he's not.

"Never mind, let's just clean this up," I said, referring back to his bloody nose. He just rolled his eyes and nodded in agreement. We stayed like that for another minute until MyungSoo walked back inside with WooHyun. 

"Hey, we should probably leave now, Hyun--" MyungSoo started until he saw JongHyun in my arms. Well, I mean, he was technically in my arms. We were sitting on the floor with my right arm around JongHyun's back, supporting it so he wouldn't fall back while I used my other arms to hold the tissue under his nose. So yeah, I guess Kim Jonghyun was wrapped in my arms.

"L," Woohyun started, "let's just go now." Woohyun turned around and  grabbed his shoulder and started to grag him outside backwards. MyungSoo's ears turned red in anger as he realized I was cradling JongHyun in my arms.Myungsoo shoved Woohyun's hand away in fury, but Woohyun d his shoulder again and pulled him outside. 

I glanced back at JongHyun. I had a powerful urge to escape JongHyun so I could hold MyungSoo again, but this guy was injured. I can't.

I wanted to leave JongHyun for MyungSoo, but I couldn't.