Eighteen

Come at me bro-...YOU'RE A GIRL?!

Key's POV:

He's holding my wrist. He's holding me. He's holding me...

 

Kim KiBum! Snap out of it! I slapped myself on the cheek as we ran through the doors. Good thing HyunSeung didn't see me or else he'd definitely think I'm a total freak. Wait, why do I even care? I'm the Almighty Key! All that matters is what I think! Not some.. new weird student. 

We met the others outside. To my surprise, JongHyun was there. He was just talking with the others. I think no one noticed our presence until JongHyun spotted us.

"Hey! Key and Hyun-" I shook HyunSeung's grasp on my wrist. I ran up to JongHyun and kicked him in the balls. "OH KRISUS!" JongHyun squealed as he clenched his teeth and held his crotch as he collapsed onto the floor. Pft! He deserves it! That better have knocked him back to his senses. I bet he was fooling around with another girl again that he randomly met up a club. And you know what's the weird part? It's only freaking 10 in the morning! Who does that?!

"Key!" Onew yelled as he ran up to JongHyun with the others. They all comforted him. Even HyunSeung. He crouched down to JongHyun's level and patted his back with a worried expression. I crossed my arms and scoffed at the sight. JongHyun deserved it. Just because we're best friends, doesn't mean he can go around playing like that with girls.

I can kick him because it's not like the first-... well, actually, that was the first time I've ever hurt JongHyun. But still! 

"YAH! Why did you do that?" JongHyun yelled as tears formed around the rims of his eyes. Ouch. That must've hurt. Aish! I take it back!

I ran to JongHyun's side and crouched besides HyunSeung. I quickly glanced at HyunSeung's face.

Did I really just do that because I was mad at JongHyun for leaving HyunSeung?

 

HyunMi's POV

Oh man. I can't imagine how much that must've hurt him. Poor guy. Why did Key do that? JongHyun didn't do anything to him! Just when I thought I could trust that guy. Clearly, that was a stupid mistake. I haven't even known Key for a full day, and I decided to trust him. Wrong move, HyunMi.

"JongHyun," Key said while glancing at the floor, obviously trying to avoid the hard glares everyone was giving him. We all looked to him, even JongHyun, who had a hard time opening his eyes. JongHyun started groaning in pain. Key had a worried expression on. He looked sincere and sorry, but who knows? He might just be majoring in Theater. He could be faking. "I-I'm sorry, JongHyun. I-"

"It's.. okay, Key." JongHyun was able to speak. Wow. If that happened to me, I don't think I could forgive Key that easily. Key shot his head back up. Okay, I don't think key was lying. He had tears in his eyes. You could see a tears streaming down his face. He quickly wiped them away once he saw me watching him. Key had slightly red eyes. If Key was just acting, please give him an Oscar award because those are some amazing skills he has.

Everybody stood up as Key d onto JongHyun's arm and helped him up as he sniffled. These two must have an amazing friendship. If I did that to HyunSeung, he would've locked me in my room and would starve me for a week. Even though we're close brothers and sisters, he wouldn't forgive me that quickly. 

JongHyun flashed Key a quick smile, before he groaned again. Key wiped his eyes again, and put on a cheery smile. I glanced at the three silent boys on the side. They were whispering about something. TaeMin started giggling, but once he saw me staring at them, he froze. He nudged the others to make sure they knew I was watching them. MinHo cleared his throat.

"Let's just go now you guys. That was enough drama for the day," he wisely spoke. We all nodded as Onew led the way to a nearby curry house.

 

JongHyun's POV:

Why, Key?! What did I do! If he wanted to come with me to meet up with some chicks, he could've asked. We walked by some cars parked on the side of the streets. I glanced at one of them that showed my reflection. I still have some lip gloss on the edges of my lip. I quickly wiped it away with the side of my hand before anyone could notice. I'm pretty sure they know where I've been, but I hate it when they point it out.

 

Ugh. It still hurts! You have no idea how much pain it can cause, man. I looked straight ahead. MinHo and TaeMin were snickering about something while Onew remained as the third-wheel, but still managed to hear whatever they said. I decided to ignore them. They're probably just talking about sports or something since MinHo is contained in the conversation. I blew the bangs out of my hair. I looked to the right and saw HyunSeung walking next to me. Wow. HyunSeung sure has some feminine features on his face.

Sure, TaeMin and Key are really pretty for guys, but HyunSeung looks too much like a girl. While he walked, he found a rock to kick along the way. He looked like he was sulking. 

"Are you okay, HyunSeung?" I asked him, trying to smile. He glanced up at me surprised, like he wouldn't think anyone like me would ever talk to him.

"Huh?" he asked. I flashed him a smile that flatters most girls. Hyunseung's cheeks flushed pink. Wait, is he blushing? He quickly turned away before I could say anything. He continued to kick the rock as we walked without looking at me. Why isn't he talking to me?

 

Author's POV:

*Stop blushing already! You're making yourself look too easy!* HyunMi scolded herself. She didn't want to talk to JongHyun because she knew that he smiled at her again, she would blush like any other girl, unlike guys. JongHyun tapped her shoulder softly. HyunMi tried ignoring him and closed her eyes as she walked kicking the rock, until she tripped over the cracked concrete.

HyunMi squealed loudly enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. She closed her eyes even tighter. *Aish! You're so stupid for closing your eyes while walking!* she quickly thought. She braced herself for the hard impact against the cold concrete floor, but it never came. Instead of feeling the cold, she felt warmth.

 

Everyone froze. MinHo, TaeMin, and Onew froze in their places. They heard her scream and pivoted on their foot to look what happened, but what they saw wasn't expected. 

 

 

 

Jang HyunMi was lying on top of Kim MyungSoo.

 

-------------------

After SHINee left with HyunSeung, MyungSoo watched them carefully. He didn't know exactly why, but he had the feeling something bad was going to occur to HyunMi. The weird part is that he doesn't even know why he cares about her. Sure, she saved him TWO times, but things like that would never cross MyungSoo's mind twice.

Once the group left the building, his gaze shifted to YoSeob and WooHyun. WooHyun was just laughing like crazy, while YoSeob placed a fake smile on his face. YoSeob wasn't an open book; you had to at least know him for a life time to read his expressions, but not for MyungSoo. Call him an expert on reading facial expressions. He could easily read YoSeob. Guess he was just born with it?

To MyungSoo, YoSeob had a worried face on. YoSeob tried hiding it, but MyungSoo could look past that 'smile' of his. *He's probably thinking about HyunSeung,* MyungSoo thought. YoSeob felt MyungSoo's stare and nodded at him. MyungSoo placed his elbows on the table and clasped his hands and smiled. 

"Oh gosh, YoSeob. I can't believe you remembered that! That was like freaking tw-" WooHyun spoke, but was cutted off by their cold city man.

"Hey, I got to go. I forgot something back at the dorm. It's kind of important, so yeah," MyungSoo said. WooHyun finally calmed down and sat down in his seat, while YoSeob stood standing. Meanwhile, Hoya and SungYeol looked quite surprised at MyungSoo's sudden actions. They all know that MyungSoo hardly talks.

MyungSoo somewhat felt excited. He didn't know why, but it felt like fate was tugging on his sleeve; hinting him to go check on HyunMi. Maybe they were suppose to be future friends? Yeah, we all know that MyungSoo isn't someone you can just become friends with, but if WooHyun is friends HyunMi HyunSeung, something might be interesting about her him, right?

Myungsoo stood up and waved with a smile on his face before he left without another word. Hoya, SungYeol, and WooHyun just waved slowly back with astonished expressions. YoSeob just watched him quietly without bidding farewell. *Is that guy following her?*

YoSeob honestly did not know why MyungSoo was following HyunMi. YoSeob started to think crazy and thought maybe HyunMi let her guard down and told MyungSoo her little secret, but he shook it away. *There's no way she could've done that. I mean, why would she?*

 

MyungSoo ran out the door. He's never had this strange feeling before, so why now? He started to scan around the area with his eyes, trying to look for them. He realized they already left. He sighed and dropped his head low. A few seconds passed by until he felt his feet walking by himself. No, he was not possessed. He just had another crazy feeling again. *Maybe they went this way?*

He walked for another minute until he spotted HyunMi and started to run until he was only 3 feet away from her, but then he remembered that she was with SHINee. MyungSoo froze. He realized that he's following SHINee.

That he's following his enemies.

That he's following Kim JongHyun.

His excited smile grew into a scowl. Before he took another step with his right foot in the air, about to walk closer, he set it back down on the floor, where it belongs.. or so he thought. He felt his hands involuntarily form into fists. 

 

Kim JongHyun. Kim JongHyun. Kim JongHyun.

 

That name rang in his head a thousand times. Millions of horrible memories flooded his mind, until one specific, old memory found its way to his heart. He clenched his teeth. He thought he had forgotten it all, but that is incorrect.

 

Suddenly, a small yelp came from the group of people in front of him. He saw HyunMi trip over the cracked sidewalk. Something took over his body, as if he was being possessed again (he's not, guys) and ran over to HyunMi at the speed of light. Everything happened so fast that it was not visible to the human eye. Next thing they all knew was that MyungSoo was trapped underneath HyunMi's light-weighted body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And for some reason, he actually liked it.

 

 


Hi my wonderful readers! Sorry i haven't been updating. I went on a little vacation with my family, and I didn't have a computer/laptop with me..

Anyways, I have a new story! I know that I should only be focusing on only one story, but this plot has been on my mind for about 2 months! I couldn't help myself, really. I hope you'll read it as well. It stars Lee TaeMin my ultimate bias and Kai! No, it's not a . There's a main lead girl too ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/428679

It's called "No Absolute Way". Please check it out as well! But don't worry, I have my full attention on "Come at me bro-... YOU'RE A GIRL?!" still! I'll continue to update this story that you're currently reading more than my new one, so no worries!