Seventeen

Come at me bro-...YOU'RE A GIRL?!

Author's POV:

YoSeob shyly waved at the three SHINee members. YoSeob heard of this so-called 'famous' SHINee from his new roommates back at JaeGyu. From what he's heard, SHINee is tied for the top Kingka group of JaeGyu with another Kingka group called Infinite. He already found out that WooHyun and his friends are Infinite. He knows about SHINee and Infinite's rivalry.

 

The three SHINee boys happily waved back at YoSeob.

*They seem nice,* YoSeob thought. HyunMi quickly glanced back to the cafe, where WooHyun and the others are at. She found them patiently waiting back in their seats for her and YoSeob. She can't just leave them there, but if she goes back in there, along with YoSeob, SHINee might as well follow them, and of course, we wouldn't want that now would we? 

 

No. No we wouldn't.

 

HyunMi started to wonder what they should do. *Should I just leave them back there? No, that's too mean.* she thought. Then she faced back to SHINee and YoSeob, who were just staring back at her dumbfounded, wondering what she's doing, except YoSeob of course. He knows exactly what she's thinking.

*I have to do something,* he thought, looking back at WooHyun's table through the window. He saw WooHyun stand up from his seat, and face back to his friends. He said something to them, but Yoseob wasn't able to read his lips. WooHyun gestured towards the door, as if he was about to leave. YoSeob saw SungYeol and Hoya wave him off, both smiling, except MyungSoo, who just sat there showing no interest, staring off into space, but then YoSeob realized he was staring right at him.

No, scratch that. MyungSoo was staring directly at HyunMi's back. He narrowed his eyes at her, and then shifted his gaze to YoSeob, who looked slightly shocked.

*Woah. That guy has some nerves..* YoSeob thought. He felt as if MyungSoo was glaring right into his eyes. MyungSoo's glare was already deep enough, but then YoSeob saw his lips part.

 

He mouthed slowly enough for YoSeob to read easily, 'Leave.'

 

YoSeob knew what he meant; it couldn't be any more clearer to him. 

 

He didn't want WooHyun to know about HyunMi's relationship with SHINee either.

 

Even though Yoseob didn't know exactly what her relationship was with him, he knew how Woohyun was. He gets easily ticked off by the smallest actions. Being friends with WooHyun for 3 years is enough experience for YoSeob to know that.

He remembered one time, when YoSeob was partnered up with another student named HimChan for a science project, who was also involved in bullying WooHyun. YoSeob didn't like it one bit, but he had to get a good grade. HimChan and YoSeob weren't close at all, but the view of them discussing about their project angered WooHyun inside.

WooHyun didn't speak to YoSeob for 3 whole days, and during those 3 days, YoSeob was clueless. That is until WooHyun confessed what's been on his mind. YoSeob thought it was childish of WooHyun to act that way towards him, but he understood that the feeling of seeing one of your best friends, with your enemy, probably hurt WooHyun inside.

 

YoSeob snapped back to reality, and quickly nodded at MyungSoo. YoSeob turned back to SHINee and HyunMi.

"Hey, I got to go. I just remembered that I have another friend waiting for me here. I got to go now. Bye!" YoSeob waved goodbye to them and left. Onew, MinHo, and TaeMin just smiled and waved nicely back at him. Meanwhile, HyunMi was left dumbfounded. *Wait, why is he leaving me?* she asked herself. 

Before she could say anything to him, TaeMin spoke up.

"Hey HyunSeung, we're going to go to a curry house for lunch. You coming? Remember, Onew is paying for all of us, so no need to worry about money." Onew groaned in frustration. HyunMi wasn't going to hesitate to reply a 'yes', but then she remembered WooHyun.

*Should I just text him or something?* she asked herself before she turned around and found YoSeob already talking to him by the entrance of the cafe.

YoSeob felt her stare, and quickly looked at her, and winked, signaling her it was okay for her to leave now. He then turned back to WooHyun, who looked as if he was complaining about something. WooHyun looked to the side, where HyunMi, TaeMin, MinHo, and Onew were standing, but YoSeob stopped him before he could catch them together. YoSeob must've said something funny because WooHyun started laughing like a crazy maniac. 

HyunMi smiled at the two as YoSeob dragged WooHyun back inside. She finally faced the three boys behind her, and found them staring back at HyunMi with a confused stare.

"Why do you keep looking at that cafe?" MinHo asked her with one eyebrow raised. The two beside him nodded in agreement. TaeMin decided to look over HyunMi's shoulder so he could see the inside, but he was quickly blocked by Key's face. He was holding one small shopping bag in his left hand. *Uwah~ Umma must be going on a diet!* he thought, referring to Key's small purchase.

"Hey, where did you all go?" Key curiously asked, making duck lips while looking at HyunMi, and then the other 3 boys standing right in front of him. 

"Oh, well we," Onew started, pointing at himself along with TaeMin and MinHo, "went to buy some new clothes." Key nodded slowly, and then faced HyunMi. He slung his arm over her shoulder. He plastered a cheeky smile on his face.

"What about you? Where did you go?" he cutely asked her and flashed a smile, showing off his pearly white teeth. HyunMi couldn't help herself, but giggle. She found Key adorable just like a little puppy.

"Mm.. nothing really," she lied. She couldn't possibly tell him where she's been and who's she's been with. Key frowned at her answer as he swung his small plastic bag over his other shoulder.

"Really? Are you sure you don't want to buy anything? I'll buy you something if you want," Key offered politely. HyunMi thought he was joking at first and just giggled at him as if it was just a joke. I mean, why would he buy something for someone he just met?

But then HyunMi realized he was serious. She stopped giggling and shook her head responding no. 

"It's okay, Key-ssi," she assured him. Key's jaw dropped at her reply. He dropped his bag back to his side, and let go of HyunMi. Her eyes widened, wondering if she did something wrong.

"Did you just call me, 'Key-ssi'? Yah! I thought we were friends! No need to speak formal with me. Just call me 'Hyung'," Key told her. Key didn't like it when someone called him 'Key-ssi'. It made him feel old, even though he's only 21 years old but 10 on the inside

"Or 'Umma'," TaeMin butted in. HyunMi just stared at TaeMin, as he just shrugged like it was normal. What he didn't know, was how much he just hurt HyunMi on the inside. It felt as if someone just crushed her insides.HyunMi lost her mother during high school. She saddened at the memory, but then she shook her head.

She didn't want to be reminded of it again.

Before Key could say anything about TaeMin, HyunMi spoke up.

"I'm fine with 'Hyung', TaeMin," she softly said, head hanging low. This caught Key's attention. He stared at her, until he lifted his head towards MinHo, who just shrugged. *What's up with HyunSeung?* Key thought.

 

 

"Hey, where's JongHyun?" Onew asked out of nowhere. Everyone, including HyunMin, looked at Onew. "didn't he go with you guys?" Onew asked, pointing at HyunMi and Key. Key shook his head, and then looked at HyunMi, who was staring right back at him.

"He said he had to go meet a friend," she confessed. Key's shoulders deflated, while the other 3 boys sighed. "What's wrong?" HyunMi asked backing away from them. She looked at them with concern. They all looked depressed.

 

Key POV:

That JongHyun left us again! He never spends time with us anymore. He's always with those friends  of his. Aish, this guy is making me go crazy. This is the last day before we all start our classes again. At least spend some time with us. HyunSeung is here, and that jerk won't even show him around.

I'm not mad at JongHyun or anything. I mean, I'm just.. tired of his ways. Sure, he loves us and all, but he acts like we're nothing anymore. Only when he's not busy, he comes to us. Just look at HyunSeung! He's clueless about JongHyun.

Ughh. I hope he doesn't pick up any habits from JongHyun. I mean, he looks like a good guy. He seems pure and innocent. Especially with those deep...

brown...

eyes..

of his..

"Ow!" I winced. I got smacked in the back of the head by someone's hand. I turned around and found HyunSeung with an angry little face. His face was all scrunched up like a 5-year-old. He made a pout face. This guy really, just makes me want to pinch his little cheeks and squeeze him to death! So I did.

Uhh.. well, I mean, he looks like a little baby! Yeah! You know, when you just want to hug them and all.. yeah.

I embraced HyunSeung in my arms. He must've been surprised because he basically froze in my arms. Once I realized what I was doing, I released him.

Oh man, Key. What the heck did you just do?! I found the others staring at me with jaws hanging open. They looked like they just finished watching a horror movie that was rated 5-stars. Their expressions showed pure horror. I looked back at HyunSeung. His expression was no different from the others.

"Are you... okay, Hyung?" he asked me with concern. For some reason, HyunSeung's cheeks were blushing a deep red color. Did he actually like that?! Why the heck is he blushing?! It was just a stupid hug! Nothing more..

....

.....

"I-I'm perfectly f-fine," I assured him. Oh Krisus. Why am I stuttering? "Did you," I started as I pointed to the back of my head, "hit me, HyunSeung?" I tried sounding angry at him because, well, nobody of course likes the feeling of being hit. Right? 

"Well, you seemed out of it. I was trying to talk to you. You know, because, well because the others said that we we're about to go to the curry house, but you looked lost." he replied. I nodded slowly, processing his answer.

I twirled the bag in my hand. I probably shouldn't have done that. HyunSeung probably thinks I'm gay or something now. Not that I think it's bad to be gay or anything. There's a lot of them out there.

Even my uncle is gay- WAIT. Why am I even thinking about this?! 

Why do I even care about first impressions around HyunSeung? We're just friends...

 

HyunMi POV:

Key seems to be out of it right now, again. What's he even thinking about? He sure seems to be in deep thought.

"Hey, HyunSeung. We're leaving now," MinHo said. I nodded and replied an 'okay'. I turned back to Key, who wasn't even paying attention. I shook his shoulder softly until he noticed me. His eyes widened once he returned back to reality. His mouth formed an 'o' shape at first, but then it grew into a warm smile.

I think Key could be my best friend here. He seems trustworthy and kind. I feel like I can trust him. Like I can tell him everything. But not HyunSeung's and my little secret. 

I gladly returned a soft smile back at him. Key seemed to be.. blushing once he saw my smile. I blushed awhile ago because he's a guy, and I'm a girl... things like that happened, but to Key, I'm just another guy. He can't blush like me because I know something he doesn't.

"Key Hyung, we got to go now," I said. He nodded. I grasped his wrist and made a run for the exit. We met the others outside.

 

 

Key's POV:

What in the world are you doing to make me feel this way, HyunSeung?

 

MinHo POV's:

Well, wasn't that a surprise! What the heck was Key doing? I know that wasn't just any friend hug at all. You could tell by just looking at Key's face! I'm serious though. 

First, L's spoken with us. Even though we all hate each other to death, no one, out of SHINee, has ever spoke to L besides JongHyun.

Second, Key is acting all weird around HyunSeung! Like he's showing affection or something!

What are you doing to us, HyunSeung?