Chapter 9

What? Again?

 

I woke up in Myungsoo’s room and at first was very confused. Soon though, I remembered last night and Myungsoo’s actions. Sungyeol appeared next to the bed not looking happy.

            “You shouldn’t have stayed.” He said.

            “Shut up. You were the one that suggested I stay in the first place. Plus I’m sure there is a reasonable explanation.”

            “Yes, Myungsoo has something for you.”

            I rolled my eyes and got out of bed and stretched. Myungsoo then came into the room and had a smile on his face.

            “Oh, morning.” He said to me.

            “Morning.” I said back.

            Should I ask him about last night or keep it to myself? Maybe I could casually bring it up in a conversation.  

            “My parents are still asleep but if you want some breakfast I can try cooking.” He said.

            “Uh, sure?”

            I followed Myungsoo to the kitchen where he took out some ingredients for an omelet.

            “So where did you wind up sleeping last night?” I asked.

            “I slept on the couch. Hoe about you? I mean, I know you slept on my bed but did you sleep well?”

            “Yeah, I did. I also was wondering something.”

            Myungsoo took his eyes off the food and looked at me and waited for me to continue.

            “Are you really going to ask?” Sungyeol asked me.

            I gave a slight nod to him before I asked,

            “Why did you kiss my forehead last night?”

            Myungsoo turned around and faced the food again so I couldn’t see his face.

            “So you were still awake?” he asked.

            He was avoiding answering.

            “Yes I was.”

            “It was nothing. I was just thankful, that’s all.”

            “Still, I don’t see why…”

            “I was thankful, alright? You already have enough going on with Sungjong you don’t need to be trying to bring me into this.”

            I was confused to what that meant. So is he supposed to be in included but doesn’t want to be or is he not supposed to be included at all? I decided to let it be nothing. Myungsoo was right. Having to deal with Sungjong liking me was enough.

            We ate in silence until Sungyeol showed up wanting to tell Myungsoo this very long story. I think Sungyeol was doing this on purpose. He didn’t want me to leave. We soon had to go back to his room so I wouldn’t look weird to his parents. Saying a sentence then stopping for a minute before I said my next one. Myungsoo let me sit on his bed and he sat on the floor next to Sungyeol which he didn’t know about. After the story finally ended, I said goodbye to Myungsoo and headed on home. Sungyeol walked along with me not too happy.

            “Sorry but I can’t live at Myungsoo’s and talk for you all day.”

            “How about on the weekends then?”

            “I can’t make any promises.”

            I arrived at my house and saw Hoya getting read to knock on the door. I ran up to him and hugged him from behind before he could. He freaked out and pushed me off of him.

            “Great way to great your girlfriend.” I said.

            He turned and faced me confused for a moment before he smiled. He pulled me back in for a hug.

            “What are you doing outside?” he asked.

            “I’m just getting back.” I said.

            “Back from what?”

            I really didn’t want to tell Hoya. I had to though. If I didn’t, then when he did figure out, he’d think something happened since I decided not to tell him.

            “I’ll tell you inside.” I said.

            We went inside and my mom was up making herself a late breakfast. She didn’t seem happy to see me walk in with Hoya.

            “Where were you last night?” she asked.

            “So you weren’t with Daniel?”

            “I was but that doesn’t concern you. We were having dinner over here. I know you told me you were having dinner at Myungsoo’s but I was told nothing after that.”

            “Did you just get back from Myungsoo’s?” Hoya asked in disbelief.

            “Yes, but let me explain.”  

            “You don’t need to explain anything. You spent the night at his house its pretty self explanatory what you did.” Hoya said.

            I could tell he was getting angry.

            “Hoya it’s not what you think. I was helping Sungyeol talk to Myungsoo.”

            “All night?”

            “No.” I said.

            Hoya turned to leave but I grabbed into his arm.

            “Wait. Just because I didn’t talk all night doesn’t mean we did anything else. What I meant was I fell asleep over there. Myungsoo was just enjoying being able to talk to Sungyeol so I stayed up as long as I could so they could talk through me. Then I fell asleep and that’s it. Nothing else went on.”

            “Where did you sleep?” he asked.

            “His bed- but he slept on the couch. We weren’t even in the same room. Hoya I wouldn’t cheat on you.”

            I then heard a loud yawn and turned my head to see Sandeul shuffling his way into the kitchen.

            “Good morning.” He said oblivious to what was going on.

            Hoya took this as his chance to leave. I turned back to face him and he was already out the door, slamming it closed behind him.