Chapter 10

What? Again?

 

“What’s wrong with Hoya?” Sandeul asked.

            I wasn’t in the mood to explain this.

            “I’ll tell you later.” I told him.

            I ran out the door and I tried to go after Hoya. It was useless. I didn’t know what way he went.

            “Do you want me to talk to Hoya for you?” Sungyeol asked.

            “Yes please. Maybe he will listen to you.”

            Sungyeol nodded then left me. I tried to think about where Hoya would go. Then it came to me. Dongwoo’s house. I didn’t rush over there so Sungyeol would have some time to talk to Hoya. When I got to his house, he was outside arguing with Sungyeol.

            “Myungsoo just wanted to talk to me. If you had been there, then he would have asked you to stay. It’s not like that.” Sungyeol said.

            “Why did he have to ask her to stay the night? Did he want me think something happened?” Hoya asked.

            “Myungsoo figured out yesterday that ChanSook could see me. He was just so happy that he could talk to me. It just happened that he learned about this late in the day. ChanSook loves you not Myungsoo.”

            “It’s true.” I said.

            Both turned their heads to look at me. Hoya was glaring at me. Sungyeol looked at me apologetically. Sungyeol gave us some privacy and I went up to Hoya who tried to go back into Dongwoo’s house. I hugged his arm and stopped him from going in. Hoya yanked his arm free.

            “Hoya, I love you.” I said to him.

            He looked at me a moment before closing his eyes. He relaxed himself before opening his eyes back up.

            “Come on Hookie, please.” I said remembering the fail nickname I gave him.

            I could see Hoya wanted to laugh but he was keeping it in.

            “I thought that we were going to fix that.” Hoya said smiling.

            Progress. I was making progress.

            “We can do it right now if you forgive me.”

            Hoya took a minute to think it over.

           “I’ll forgive you tomorrow.” He said. “Just give me a day to forget about this all and then we can act like this never happened. Alright?”

            I nodded and then Hoya left me outside of Dongwoo’s house. I didn’t leave until Sungyeol popped up and started to pull me away.

            “I did the best I could.” He told me.

            “I know you did. Thank you.”

            I gave him a hug and next thing I know we were in front on someone’s house.

            “What the…”

            I trailed off as Sungyeol yanked me into a bush to hide.

            “You can’t let her see you.” Sungyeol said as if it was my fault.

            “What just happened? How did we get here?” I asked.

            “I’m a ghost. I can do these kinds of things. Hoya never took you anywhere like that before?”

            I shook my head and Sungyeol shook his head too seeming to be disappointed.

            “That boy doesn’t know how to have fun.” Sungyeol said.

            “He does too. You just don’t know how to be serious.”

            “We can fix that problem later. Right now, I need you to become friends with JinAe. That way, when I wake up – which I hopefully do – you can introduce me to her.”

I almost forgot about the whole JinAe thing.

“But she’s dating Sandeul.” I reminded him.

Sungyeol shook his head and dragged me out of hiding where I saw JinAe on the steps to her front porch. Her head was buried into her hands and I heard her crying. Sungyeol moved me in front of her against my will. JinAe looked up at me and once she knew it was me, glared at me.

“I heard Sandeul moved in with you.” She said.

She stood up and crossed her arms over her chest. She was not happy. No where near.

“Yes, but don’t worry we’re family.”

“I don’t believe you.” She said.

I turned to look at Sungyeol. Does he really like this girl?

“JinAe, I’m dating Hoya. Do you think he’d be okay with letting Sandeul stay if he wasn’t family?”

“Well if he’s family, then why did he break up with me?”

I shrugged my shoulders.

“Invite her to get some coffee and get to know each other.” Sungyeol said.

“We can get some coffee and figure this out if you want. I’ll pay.”

Sungyeol cheered as JinAe agreed. I made Sungyeol leave while I hung out with JinAe. I just knew if I let him stay he would try to do some funny ghost business and make me look like a freak. He understood and didn’t bother me. He said I was his only chance of becoming her boyfriend. I don’t think that is correct but it kept him away.

When the two of us were heading to her house after a nice day together, I saw the same back van.

“Run.” I told JinAe.

She looked at me confused. I watched the door open so I took her arm and made her run with me.

“What is going on? Why are we running?” she asked.

I didn’t have time to tell her. I felt something wrap around my mouth causing me to stop and not be able to talk. Then my arms and feet were tied and I was carried by what had to be a few men to the van. The last thing that was covered was my eyes. I can’t believe this is happening again.

---------------------------------------------

60 subscriberss! I love you all!  ♥