Chapter 13

What? Again?

 

I woke up to a bang and a scream. I pulled ChanSook who had awakened as well, closer to me and held on to her tighter.

            “What was that?” she asked in a whisper.

            “I’m not sure. I’ll go check.”

            I tried to get up but she wouldn’t let me.

            “What if you get hurt?” she asked worried.

            “I’ll be fine. Just stay here, I’ll be back in a moment.”

            ChanSook was hesitant but let me go. I stuck out my head from the door and saw Sandeul in the arms of two bodyguard, JinAe looking more scared the ever, and ChanSook’s dad who had his back faced to me. However, I knew I didn’t want to see his face.

            “Just let JinAe go, dad. You didn’t have to kidnap her just to get me back.”

            “I don’t have just JinAe here with me. I have your half-sister here and her stupid boyfriend.”

            Did he just call me stupid? I am not stupid! I threw the door wide opened and let them know I was here.

            “You have what you want now let us go.” I said.

            Everyone turned their heads to me and right away I had two bodyguards come and take a hold of me.

            “I think now is a great time to inform you that I was never planning on letting ChanSook go. I plan to start a family, the three of us. No matter what anyone else thinks. And as her father I forbid her to date you.”

            “You have no right to call yourself her father!” I yelled at him while trying to break free.

            “Dad you’ve gone insane.” Sanduel said. “Let’s just let Hoya, JinAe and ChanSook go and we can go back to it being the two of us.”

            Before he could answer, we all heard the sound of sirens. ChanSook’s dad glared at Sandeul.

            “You didn’t.” he said.

            Again, he didn’t have time to do anything before the door burst open. Then everything happened so fast. JinAe was rushed out by police and other policemen were fighting all the guards. Then I was suddenly free after hearing two bangs and noticed the guards holding me had been shot. I ran back into the room and lifted ChanSook off the ground. I ran out the door with her. I heard more commotion inside before out came Sandeul. The four of us were brought to the police station where we had to answer some questions and were given food.

 

ChanSook’s POV

            I was informed that in the craziness my dad had been shot. He lived but barely. I told the officers everything I could. When I got the chance, I would watch Sandeul and JinAe. I didn’t mean it like a stalker but I was just looking for the evidence to prove my thoughts right. They had gotten back together.

            “You could just ask.” Hoya whispered into my ear.

            I looked at him shocked.

            “How did you…”

            “You keep staring at them. I know your not doing it out of jealousy because Sandeul is your brother.”

            “Sungyeol won’t be happy.”

            “He’ll get over it.”

            I nodded as I went back to watching. I was already positive by their body language they were together but now seeing the two kiss just made me even surer. My mom came to get Sandeul and me around dinner time. She squeezed the two of us till we couldn’t breathe.

            “Thank goodness the two of you are safe.” she said.

            When she released me, I saw Dongwoo, Sungjong, Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Woohyun run up.

            “Hoya!” they screamed.

            They all surrounded him and asked him all these questions.

            “Glad to see I’m loved.” I mumbled.

            Myungsoo, I guess heard that, and looked over at me. Then everyone else did as well. Then after all looking at each other they attacked me in a group hug. I poked my head out of the group and looked to see Hoya’s expression. He seemed to be amused.

            “We’ve been so worried.” Sungjong said.

            I decided that I liked it better when they had there attention on Hoya. Right now I was being squeezed to death. Luckily Hoya realized and told everyone to back off. He came over and pulled me into a non-crushing hug and then was pulled away by Dongwoo to have practice. I told the others I would talk to them at school and left with my mom and Sandeul. Sungyeol was waiting on my bed with a sad expression.

            “I go and get Sandeul and he repays me by getting back together with the girl I like.” He said.

            “He probably doesn’t…”

            “He knows. Remember that first day I told you about the two? How we were walking behind them and I was telling you to break them up? He had to have heard me but was acting like he didn’t hear me like Hoya did.”

            “I do know.” Sandeul said coming into my room. “I’m sorry Sungyeol but I’m not breaking up with JinAe. I care about her.”

            “So do I!” Sungyeol shouted.

            “But you’re in a coma right now.”

            Sandeul left my room and barely dodged a book thrown by Sungyeol.

            “Calm down.” I told him.

            “No. Kick him out.”

            Sungyeol crossed his arms and pouted like a little kid.

            “My dad is going to jail so I am the only family that he has. I won’t put him on the streets because he is dating the girl that you like.”

            “Still, he just said I was in a coma. I mean it’s true but did you hear the way he said it? Like, I shouldn’t bother because I won’t wake up.”

            “You will. You will wake up.”

            “I doubt that. If I do, then it won’t be in time for my birthday. Myungsoo is going to be celebrating my birthday sitting next to my body in the hospital.”

            That’s when I got an idea. Hopefully a good one.

            “Maybe not.” I said.