Chapter 17

What? Again?

In the morning, I grabbed the ice ream and sat my self down in front of the TV and a chick-flick nice and loud. Soon my mom came out and told me to turn it down. I shook my head and took a bite of ice cream.

            “I’m just showing you a glimpse of the future.” I told her. “If you make me break up with him then I’ll be sad and I’ll spend my time crying, eating tubs of ice cream, and watching movies all day, never leaving the couch.”

            My mother sighed as she rubbed her forehead.

            “I know you think this is an outrage and I have no reason but I do. Hoya is changing you. You may not notice it but I do. Slowly, you’re changing.”

            “Mom, just because I’m changing doesn’t mean Hoya is the cause of it. I’m growing up. I can’t be the same person my whole life.”

            “So it’s you who decided to skip and not Hoya?”

            “Mom, why are you so hung up on me skipping? It was one time and it will never happen again.”

            “That’s what everyone says but then next thing you know, you say the next time will be the last and then you skip almost every day. Your grades drop, you make bad choices and plan to marry your high school love who leaves you for someone else!”

            I stopped the movie in a daze and set down the ice cream. Everything is now clear to me.

            “So you think I’m becoming you and you don’t think that’s good?”

            My mom nodded and took a seat next to me on the couch.

            “Last night I may have gone out of hand. Maybe. But, as long as you don’t make any spur of the moment decisions then I guess I won’t make you break up with him.”

            I thanked my mom and gave her a big hug. Then there was someone banging on our door. I went over to the door and opened it to see Myungsoo.

            “I need you to come to the hospital now.” He said.

            “Why? Did something happen to Sungyeol?”

            “Anything that happened while he was in a coma, he doesn’t remember.”

            I asked my mom if I could go to the hospital and once she gave me permission Myungsoo and I ran out and into Dongwoo’s car. He drove us to the hospital and they brought me to Sungyeol’s room where everyone was waiting outside of the door.

            “We’ve been here all night, why didn’t you come?” Woohyun asked.

            “I had this fight with my mom; I just couldn’t leave the house. It wouldn’t have helped me.”

            “Yeah, how much trouble did you get in for skipping school?” Hoya asked.

            “Not important right now.” Myungsoo said.

            He pushed me into Sungyeol’s room where I saw him looking at a plate of hospital food, skeptical. He looked up at us hearing us come in.

            “Hey, is this your girlfriend?” Sungyeol asked.

            “Sungyeol, you know I’m not dating him.”

            He shook his head.

            “I don’t even know you.”

            Myungsoo and I looked over at each other. He didn’t even know me.

            “You really don’t know me? This isn’t some prank you’re trying to pull?”

            He shook his head again.

            “Why would I be pulling a prank?”

            “Why? Because that’s you. It’s what you live to do!” Myungsoo said.

            “Nurse!” I yelled and left the room.

            I tried to run for a nurse but Hoya wrapped his arms around me from behind and pulled me into a hug.

            “What’s wrong?” he asked.

            “He doesn’t remember me.” I said.

            A nurse was coming this way and I called out for help from her.

            “My friend woke up from a coma and doesn’t remember me. Why?”

            “It’s common with head injuries that the person can have some memory lose.”

            “Why does he only not remember me?”

            “I don’t really know. Maybe his mind lost the memory of the last person he saw. Was that you?”

            I nodded and watched the nurse go into Sungyeol’s room.

            “To answer your question from earlier Hoya, I’ve been warned to not do things in the spur of the moment.”

            Hoya and I sat down with the others and it was silent as we all stared at the door. Then we heard Sungjong’s phone go off and we looked at him.

            “Sorry.” He said.

            He took out his phone from his pocket and smiled looking at the screen.

            “Hey there.” He said answering his phone. “I can’t right now I’m at the hospital but I’ll call you when I’m leaving.”

            I tilted my curiously as he ended the conversation.  

            “Who was that?” I asked.

            “You didn’t know that Sungjong has himself a girlfriend now?” Sunggyu asked as he messed up Sungjong’s hair.

            “Stop.” Sungjong whined and scooted away from Sunggyu while he fixed his hair.

            “A girlfriend? No, I didn’t know this.”

            In a minute, the nurse came out and informed us they would keep Sungyeol for another day and that if we waited he might get his memory back of me. Let’s hope that he does. Sungjong left to go be with his girlfriend while we all went into Sungyeol’s room.

            “This food is awful.” He said and pushed the plate away.

            “What do you expect, it’s a hospital.” Myungsoo said with a laugh.       

            “Well, hospitals need to hire some gourmet chefs to serve some five star meals. I mean, if this was someone’s last meal, they’d want to enjoy it. I’m pretty sure this would make you die sooner to be honest.”

            We all laughed at his words.

            “Sungyeol, you’re hilarious.” Woohyun said.

            “I wasn’t trying to be.” Sungyeol said.

            Was I the only one noticing this Sungyeol wasn’t the same? I looked at Hoya and he seemed to read my mind and nodded his head. He saw it too. Maybe it will take him a bit to go back to normal? He better go back because I know we all will miss his childish ways.

------------------------------------

Awwww :) Your comments make me so happy! I might post the forward just so people can anticipate but I won't post any chapters until this story is done.

I love all you commenters soo much! Subscribers too! :D