Chapter 5

What? Again?

I went home after dinner at Sungjong’s and my mom wasn’t home. I bet she’s out with Daniel. Only a minute after I was home, Hoya came on over.

            “You should be glad your mom is dating that guy because now we can have some time to ourselves.” He said.

            Hoya pulled me close to him and I easily forgot about this Sandeul person and anything else going on right now. I smiled as I looked up into his eyes and leaned in to kiss him. I then heard my name being screamed into my ear and pulled away. I looked to my right and saw Sungyeol there.

            “Just ignore him.” Hoya said.

            I nodded and went to kiss him again but then realized what he said.

            “Wait, you can see Sungyeol?” I asked.

            “Yeah, you can see me?” Sungyeol asked.

            Hoya then explained that he could see Sungyeol but acted like he couldn’t.

            “I’m sorry Sungyeol; I just didn’t want you to follow me around everywhere.”

            “So you make your girlfriend have to deal with the child. That’s nice.” I said.

            “I’m sorry. I figured if you could deal with me then you could with Sungyeol.”

            “Not really. Sungyeol acts like a five year old that needs a friend or else he can’t survive. Oh, no offense Sungyeol.”

            “I don’t mind. Continue to talk like I’m not here. I don’t mind at all.” He said sarcastically.

            I remembered when Hoya was confused this morning as Sungyeol took me away.

            “So you were just acting confused this morning?” I asked.

            “No I really was. I was confused why Sungyeol would just take you away from me like that.”

            The three of us hung out the rest of the night. We talked while we played card games. In the morning, Sungyeol wasn’t here so I figured that he was with Hoya. I can’t believe that Hoya can see him as well. I took a quick look at my calendar and noticed that the 27thwas coming up. Sungyeol’s birthday. It made me sad to think that on his birthday he would be in a coma. That didn’t seem the least bit fair.

            Once Hoya came over, I asked if he knew about the birthday thing.

            “That’s right. He’s going to be in a coma.”

            “At least I’ll have you two.” Sungyeol said appearing next to us. “By the way, that Sandeul guy will be here any second now.”

            Sungyeol left I heard a knock on my door. I went over and answered the door and there was Sandeul. Wait, he knows where I live? It’s safe to say he’s a stalker right?

            “What do you want?” Hoya asked.

            He came up and put an arm around me protectively.

            “I just want to talk to ChanSook alone for a minute.” He said.

            “Why should I let you?”

            “Because she wants to hear what I have to say. A minute is all I’m asking for.”

            “We can talk at school.” I told him.

            Hoya sent Sandeul away and Sungyeol appeared again.

            “You should listen to him.” He said.      

            “Why? Do you know what he is going to say? If you do, then just tell me.”

            “It’s best if Sandeul does it.”

            Hoya and I went to school and today Myungsoo was here.

            “Welcome back.” I told him.

            “It was only two days.” He said

            I shrugged my shoulders then said left the others and told them I had to use the restroom. I found Sandeul with JinAe and went up to both of them and Sandeul grabbed my wrist and started to pull me away.

            “Sandeul!” JinAe yelled at him.

            He pulled me into an empty classroom.

            “What is your problem?” I asked.

            He let go off my wrist and I started to rub it. Sandeul has a tight grip.

            “You’re my problem.” He said.

            I was shocked with his sudden change. He went from nice to, well, not.

            “What are you talking about? How can I be your problem?”

            “For one our dad. He’s making me become friends with you. At fist I didn’t mind because you seemed cool but you want to break up me and girl which I don’t like. Still I have to be friends with your or else.”

            Our dad? What is he talking about? And where did he get the idea that I wanted to break up him and JinAe? I don’t.

            “Sandeul, you’re sounding vague here. I need some details.”

            “It takes a while to explain. I’ll do it after school.”

            “No, now.”

            I guess Sungjong happened to be walking by and decided to look in this random classroom. He saw me and took me out of there.

            “You shouldn’t be hanging out with that guy.” He said.

            “You don’t have to worry. He’s family, I think.”

            “He’s family? How is he related to you?”

            “Brother possibly. He said our dad but you took me away before I could get an explanation.”

            “Get an explanation around witnesses.”

            Sungjong took me away and I rolled my eyes at him being over protective. I mean, what is my brother going to do to me? If he is my brother, that is. It just feels weird calling this guy I met yesterday my brother. The guys kept a close eye on me today to make sure that I didn’t stray off to go see Sandeul. Do they not get that I needed to talk to him? I needed answers. The time I finally got to see Sandeul was walking home from school. He was walking by himself so I went up to him and demanded that he explain himself.

            “Alright, first, your dad is my dad. He left your mom when he heard she was pregnant. So he meets my mom and it doesn’t take long for her to get pregnant either but this time he stays. I’ve never known why.”

            I heard my name being called so I turned around and Hoya was running up to us. He came and grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away.

            “No, I need to talk to Sandeul.” I said fighting his pull.

            Sandeul took my other arm and a tug-a-war game started over me. We were all arguing and if there had been people around we would have gathered an audience. Then a black van pulled up and stopped right by us. Next thing I know something is over my face and a new pair of arms were trying to take me. I could still hear Hoya and Sandeul arguing but they seemed to be on the same side now and this man it seemed like was by himself. I then heard Sungyeol join but it was pointless because only Hoya and I could hear him. Soon I felt myself being pushed into what had to be this guys van. I thought I was going to be alone but I then heard the sound Sandeul and Hoya being brought in as well. Once I heard a door shut, what I now know was a bag on my head, was taken off by Sandeul.

            “What is going on?” I asked.

            I moved over to Hoya and tried to remain calm. The van started to move and I held onto Hoya tight.

            “I’m sorry.” Sandeul said looking at the floor.