Chapter 3

What? Again?

I woke up to Sungyeol tugging on my arm. I took it away from him and turned over in my bed so my I was face down in my pillow.

            “What?” I asked in to the pillow.

            Right now I was too tired for ghost Sungyeol.

            “Your mom still isn’t back.” He said.

            “So? What time is it?”

            “It’s seven which means that it’s time for you to be getting ready for school.”

            What? My mom still hasn’t come home from work? Why would she spend the whole day and night working? Now I really needed to talk to her.

            I got myself all ready and after I finished my breakfast, Hoya came over.

            “How are you feeling?” he asked as he gave me a hug.

            “I’m exhausted. I barely slept at all last night.”

            “Yeah that game of war just wouldn’t end. I won though so ha!”

            I ignored Sungyeol’s commentary.

            “Well then I’ll make sure you get home right after school so you can get some rest.”

            “Rest?” Sungyeol asked. “What? Resting is for losers. The two of us need to play.”

            Hoya left to go get my bag so I took the opportunity to smack Sungyeol in the arm.

            “Shut up.” I told him.

            “Did you say something?” Hoya asked.

            I turned back to where he was now next to me with my bag in his hand.

            “Nope, I didn’t say anything.” I said giving him a smile.

            We left the house and I told Hoya about the situation with my mom.

            “Should I worry?” I asked.

            “She’s your mom. I’m pretty sure you don’t have to worry.”

            “What? You’re not positive?”

            “Alright, I’m positive. Are you happy now? She probably was too tired to drive and crashed a friend’s house.”

            It didn’t sound like my mom to me. Oh my gosh! What if the friend is Daniel? What if it’s not friend but boyfriend? I swear I better be wrong.

            We met up with everyone and I saw that Myungsoo wasn’t here.

            “Kind of like me and Dongwoo, he and Sungyeol went through a lot together. This is hard on him.” Hoya explained.

            I wanted to ask what they’ve gone through but I don’t really think that it’s my business. People at school had figured out about Sungyeol and the fact that I was there when it happened. I had people all day tell me what they’ve heard and ask if it was true. I sighed as every story I was told was different from the one before it. By the end of the day, it was so off I didn’t know how it got that way. I didn’t tell anyone what happened. It wasn’t really there business. That meant the rumors would only get crazier but it didn’t matter to me right now.

            When school ended, Hoya walked me home and I had Sungyeol there waiting for me.

            “What do you want to do?” he asked.

            “I want to visit Myungsoo.” I told him.

            “Well that’s not fun. Myungsoo is in depression mode right now.”

            “I never said I wanted to have fun.”

            “You have to keep me entertained though.”

            I sighed at his persistence.

            “Entertain yourself.” I told him.

            I left my house and headed towards Myungsoo’s. When I reached his house, I saw Myungsoo on the front porch playing his guitar. I wasn’t familiar with the song but it sounded great.

            “I didn’t know you played.” I said.

            Myungsoo stopped playing and looked up at me.

            “I play a little.” He said while shrugging.

            I went up and took a seat next to him.

            “I heard things are tough.” I said.

            “You have no idea.”

            “If you want to, you can tell me.”

            Myungsoo looked at me and considered it.

            “Alright, I’ll tell you.” He said.

            We went inside his house and I followed him to his room. I sat on his bed while he put away his guitar.

            “I don’t know what kind of story you’re going to tell me but take your time telling it. Don’t rush and stop if you want. If your story isn’t that bad, then, well, ignore what I just said.”

            Myungsoo chuckled a bit before becoming silent in thought. I waited patiently for him to start his story.

            “Remember how I told you that my dad is a work-a-holic which is why he is never home?”

            I nodded as I remembered being told that.

            “Did you lie or something?”

            “Yeah, I did. My dad doesn’t work. Actually, I guess he does. I’m not really sure how prisons work.”

            My eyes got wide with shock.

            “He’s in prison? For what?”

            “Beating my mom.” He said quietly then added on even softer “and me.”

            At first I didn’t even know if he really said that. He was too quiet to really tell. I could tell though by his lack of looking at me and his interest in the sheets of the bed.

            “When did this all happen?”

            “I was little. I was in second grade at the time. This really isn’t supposed to be all about my dad but he’s the reason Sungyeol and I became really close. I stayed with him for a month while my mom made it safe for me to come home. That whole thing with my dad is sort of why she’s judgmental and thinks so high of me. Like how she said I could do better then you the day you met her. She wants to make sure I know I’m loved.”

            “The two of you are amazing, just so you know.”

            Myungsoo smiled and brought me in for a quick hug. He then took his guitar back out and treated me to some more music. I started to doze out on his bed but I tried my best to stay awake. After a while, Myungsoo seemed to notice and played something softer causing me to not be able to fight the sleep.

            I started to wake up when I felt I was being moved. I opened one eye to see who was moving me and I saw Hoya was carrying me. I closed my eye and pretended to still be asleep.

            “I know you’re awake.” Hoya said.

            I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

            “In that case, what time is it?”

            “It’s around dinner time. You know I brought you to your house so you could sleep. Not so you could go to Myungsoo’s and sleep.”

            “He wasn’t at school so I thought I’d stop by and make sure he was doing well. I didn’t mean to fall asleep, I just did.”

            Hoya set me down since I was awake and we walked back to my house hand in hand. My mom was sitting there waiting for me with Daniel. Just as I suspected.

            “I knew it.” I said.

            “No you don’t. Let me explain.” My mom said.

            “What is there to explain? You were with Daniel because you two are dating. I understand. I’m not happy with it but I understand.”

            “I don’t see why you aren’t happy. Daniel is a terrific guy.”

            “Sookie, maybe you should give this guy a chance.” Hoya told me.

            I looked over at Daniel who gave me a friendly smile. I rolled my eyes and left the room without another word. I wasn’t ready to let this guy date my mom. The two of us are fine without him. Hoya followed me into my room and closed the door behind him. Luckily, Sungyeol was still out.

            “I really think you should be nicer to this guy. Has he really done anything to you to deserve this cold shoulder?”

            “Yes he has. My mom and I are just fine by ourselves. We don’t need him.”

            “Maybe your mom does. Did you ever think she wants to be happy with someone?”

            No, I hadn’t thought of that. I guess I should be a little more open and a little less selfish. I always assumed that my mom was fine with it being me and her. If she wants someone though, I’ll try to be supportive. Even if it is Daniel. I don’t know why I don’t like him but there is just something about him. I get this fake vibe when I’m around him. For my mom though, I’ll try. Hoya said he had to go and once he was out of the room Sungyeol appeared on my bed.

            “I was able to entertain myself.” He told me.

            “What did you do?”

            “I’ll show you tomorrow.”

He then disappeared and didn’t show himself the rest of the night. I wonder what he did. 

-------------------------------------------

3 chapters and 37 subscribers! ♥

All these comments make me smile :D