Chapter 8

What? Again?

 

We found Myungsoo sitting at the food court with a half finished soda. I saw Sungyeol sitting next to him.

            “You two are late.” Myungsoo said as we at down.

            “I wasn’t.” Sungyeol said all proud.

            I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him.

            “It’s my fault. I was kidnapped.” I said casually.

            I almost laughed as they both looked at me with shock. Myungsoo had gone to take a sip of his soda and started to cough.

            “Kidnapped? By Who?” Myungsoo asked as soon as he calmed down his coughing.

            “I bet it was Sandeul. Why are you letting him live with you?” Sungjong asked.

            “Hold on. What about Sandeul? He kidnapped you?”

            “No.” I told Myungsoo.

            I then gave a look to Sungjong warning him to be quiet.

            “My dad.” I said.

            They didn’t seem to believe me. They just looked at me with blank faces.

            “It was Sandeul. Don’t cover up for him.” Sungjong said.

            “Haha! They don’t believe you.” Sungyeol said laughing.

            How the heck is this funny?

            “It wasn’t Sandeul. I was walking with Sandeul yesterday and Hoya then comes up. We started to argue then next thing I know we are all in a van. My dad wanted to talk to me about my ghost abilities.”

            “What abilities? You saw Hoya which doesn’t really count.” Myungsoo said.

            “Why didn’t you tell Myungsoo?” Sungyeol asked pouting.

            “I didn’t want to seem like a freak.” I said.

            I then realized I just said that for Sungjong and Myungsoo to hear.

            “Um…” Sungjong said.

            “Sorry, I was…. Well Myungsoo I didn’t just see Hoya. I saw and see Sungyeol.”

            Myungsoo’s eyes went wide.

            “You see Sungyeol?” he asked surprisingly calm.

            I nodded my head and watched Myungsoo place his head down on the table. I was going to say something when Myungsoo lifted his head back up and quickly got out of his chair, almost causing it to fall over.

            “I’ve been worried sick about my best friend and all this time you’ve been hanging out with him?!”

            This reaction – although it sort of scared me – was what I expected.

            “I wanted to tell you but I didn’t want to sound like a freak.”

            “What does it even matter? We already know you could see Hoya. As if telling me, Sungyeol’s best friend, would make you any more of a freak.”

            Sungjong stood up and moved over to my side and linked his arm with mine.

            “ChanSook is not a freak!” he said.

            “Why are you even sticking up for her? She will not leave Hoya for you. Just move on!”

            Sungjong took his arm away and took a step back with his head lowered.

            “Myungsoo, don’t you think you’re being a little harsh on Sungjong?”

            “Don’t you think you should have told me?”

            Myungsoo grabbed his drink and said he was going to visit Sungyeol. I sat back down and ran my fingers through my hair as I let out a sigh. I turned my head to Sungjong who was still standing.

            “I think we need to talk.” I said.

            He nodded and took a seat across from me and kept his head down.

            “Sungjong, I thought that you moved on.” I said.

            “I’ve tried. I look at you and Hoya though and just can’t help but think it should be me. I almost had you when you were dating Woohyun. But then Woohyun knew what we were up to and made you want neither of us.”

            “Woohyun didn’t make me. I realized I wanted no one. Don’t blame Woohyun for this. Don’t blame yourself either. Sungjong, you’re going to find someone really great and perfect for you.”

            I gave him a smile in hopes he would smile too. He gave a meek smile which was something at least.

            “I guess I’ll find someone.” He said.

            We got ourselves some lunch and we started to talk about Sandeul.

            “I don’t see why you seem to hate him with a burning passion.” I said.

            “Well you know how you just have this vibe around Daniel that he is a fake? I get that same vibe around Sandeul. I think he is lying to you.”

            “Why would he lie? I really don’t get what he has to lie about.”

            “This was probably all planned. Sandeul coming to live with you is probably supposed to happen so your dad can come and do something.”

            “What is he going to do?”

            “I don’t know. Something bad?”

            After we finished our lunch, we went to check up on Myungsoo. We found him at the hospital talking to Sungyeol. The ghost was standing right by him looking sad. Hearing us enter, Myungsoo stopped talking.

            “Do you mind? I’m having a talk with my non-responsive friend.” He said.

            “I just want to apologize. Also if you want an actually response, Sungyeol is in the room right now.”

            “You mean the ghost?”

            I nodded and Myungsoo looked around the room.

            “He’s right there.” I said pointing right next to the chair.

            “I wish he could see me.” Sungyeol said.

            I repeated his words to Myungsoo.

            “I wish I could see him too.” Myungsoo said.

            Myungsoo apologized for blowing up earlier and we spent the rest of the day together like we had planned. Every now and then I played messenger and told Myungsoo what Sungyeol would say. It was great to be able to talk to Sungyeol without being looked at crazy. Soon, it was just the three of us and Sungjong had to go home for dinner. I went to Myungsoo’s because he wanted to talk more to Sungyeol. It got to the point where they were just having a conversation through me. I tried my best to be Sungyeol when saying what he said. Sungyeol said I stunk at acting though. He told me it was best to describe how he said things. I was in the middle of repeating when Sungyeol stopped me and informed me that Myungsoo was crying. I looked at him and saw a tear run down his face.

            “Why are you crying?” I asked.

            “I’m just wondering how long I’ll have to talk to Sungyeol like this.” He said.

            “At least you’re talking to him. Sort of.”

            “Yeah, sort of. You’re not the best at acting though so even though I’m trying to picture Sungyeol saying this I can’t. I just want my friend back. Out of a coma.”

            “Well if you don’t think I’m a good actress then I’ll just leave.”

            I got off the bed and headed to the door to leave.

            “No!” both Sungyeol and Myungsoo said.

            They each grabbed of my arms and pulled me back on Myungsoo’s bed. Myungsoo hugged my arm as he cried.

            “You’re can’t leave. If you do, then I can’t talk to Sungyeol.”

            I looked at Myungsoo then at Sungyeol. Sungyeol had a pleading look on.

            “Don’t go. Just stay the night.” He said.

            “Stay the night?” I asked. “Sungyeol, I have a boyfriend, remember?”

            Myungsoo lifted his head up when he heard what I said.

            “Will you? Hoya would understand. He would know I just want to talk to Sungyeol through you.”

            “No he wouldn’t understand. He barely let me meet up with you and Sungjong today. Do you really think it would be okay with him?”

            “Just for tonight. You can take my bed and I’ll take the floor. Or if you prefer the floor then you can take it. ChanSook, please.”

            I wanted to say no. I had to say no. Even if we stayed in opposite sides of the house I still think it would be wrong. I haven’t even done that at Hoya’s. His parents always make sure I leave. They didn’t want anything to happen with us. Same with my mom. But seeing Myungsoo crying and Sungyeol pleading, I said yes.

            “Just for tonight and I break the news to Hoya.”

            I stayed up until three in the morning and gave Sungyeol’s messages to Myungsoo. Myungsoo was so happy to be talking to Sungyeol so I tried to stay up as long as I could. After three though, Sungyeol went away after saying goodnight to the two of us. I mumbled to Myungsoo that he left for us to sleep as I closed my eyes. I felt Myungsoo get off the bed and I guess he figured I fell asleep because he carefully put the pillow under me and put the blanket over me. After I heard the sound of his door open and close, I opened an eye and saw he was gone. I closed them back up and surprisingly couldn’t fall asleep. My mind had too many thoughts in it. I was most worried about Hoya’s reaction. Would he understand? He should know Myungsoo and I are just friends and that Myungsoo just wanted to speak to Sungyeol. I heard the door open and close again and heard Myungsoo come up to the bed.

            “Goodnight, ChanSook.” He whispered.

            I felt him kiss my forehead and tried not to react.

            “Thank you for staying.” He said.

            What was going on? Why was he kissing my forehead? Hoya is supposed to have no reason to freak out and be mad. This would be a reason.   

            -----------------------------------------------

Over 50 subscribers! I love you all! ♥