chapter 19

What? Again?

ChanSook's POV

I woke up and saw that Hoya wasn't in the room. I got up an got myself dressed before I left my room. I saw Hoya in the kitchen making breakfast. Or at least trying to. I crinkled my nose at the smell.

"What are you cooking?" I asked him. 

"Eggs, I think. Am I doing this right?" 

I walked on over and looked at the eggs and sighed. "No, you are not." I told him. I scooted him out of the kitchen and got rid of the burnt eggs. The house seemed oddly quiet so I asked Hoya where everyone was.

"Your mom and Sandeul never came home. It's still you and me."

I took out the eggs and started to make breakfast as Hoya came back into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"I have the gossip that anyone would kill for right now though." he said.

"What is it?"

He took out and handed me his phone. I read the text he was on out loud.

"Hey Hoya, it's Sandeul. I won't be home tonight so maybe try to cover for me? My mom will be with Daniel so just tell ChanSook something. Between you and me, I'm with someone."

That is one long text! So he is with someone? That isn't JinAe?  "I can't believe he thinks I'd lie to my girlfriend." Hoya said with a laugh.

"Who was he with?" I asked. "I'm not sure. He never said. By the way he said it, he must be cheating on her."

Poor JinAe. She doesn't deserve him. She deserves... Sungyeol! Yes, that is who she deserves!

"That loser." I mumbled.

As we sat down to eat, my mother came home. She seemed so cheery.

"Oh, Hoya, it's nice to see you." my mom said. "And I hope you made me some."

"Um, I didn't know you would be home." I said.

"Sorry, I was at the hospital."

I almost choked on my food.

"Hospital?" I asked.

Why was my mom there? Why didn't Daniel call and tell me? I might still have some resentment toward him but I care for my mom!

"Everything is fine. More then fine actually. I'll explain later."

My mom skipped off to her room like a little girl.

"Your mom is pregnant." Hoya said.

"What?" I screamed.

I started to choke on my food and Hoya came over to make sure I was okay.

"Pre- Pre- I can't even say it." I said. "How on earth do you know?" I asked.

"Did you not see her? How on earth do I know this about your own mother?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Now are you sure?"

"I feel I'm right."

I went to talk to my mom about it but Sandeul walking in, distracted me.

"You cheater!" I yelled at him.

"I- what?"

He was confused for a moment before he yelled at Hoya.

"I told you to cover!"

"He shouldn't have to. I'm telling JinAe."

"What? No!"

"Give me a reason not to."

After giving it a thought Sandeul came and pulled me aside. He spoke in a whisper.

"I know what you did last night. The same as me. So if you tell JinAe then I'm telling mom."

I was too furious to speak. Blackmail. Unbelievable! But it's so wrong not to tell. If Sandeul tells my mom though, I'm dead. Especially since she gave me that speech yesterday.

"Your evil." I said and left the house.

If I can't tell JinAe, then I'll make her break up with him for another reason. I went down to the hospital and hurried to Sungyeol's room. He was asleep but I could care less.

"We are breaking up JinAe and Sandeul."

Sungyeol woke with a fright and looked at me sleepily before his eyes got wide.

"We're what?" he asked.

"You heard me. We are breaking them up. JinAe deserves better then Sandeul. She deserves you."

"Yes she does! And as soon as I'm out of this hospital bed, we can break them up. And I hopefully remember you."

I sighed.

"You still don't remember me?" Sungyeol shook his head.

"Myungsoo tried, but nothing rings a bell."

I shouldn't have kissed him. It's all my fault. The door opened and I turned to see Woohyun.

"Hey there neighbor." he said.

"Me?" I asked.

He froze in realization for a second before speaking.

"Figure of speech?"

"Woohyun, is there something that you aren't telling me?" I asked him.

Woohyun took a look at his watch-less arm and tried to say he needed to leave.

"You just got here." I told him.

"But I forgot about the thing."

I rolled my eyes. Forgot about the thing. Sure he did. I tried to get it out of him but his lips were sealed. I went back home and Sandeul was gone and so was Hoya. My mom was waiting for me.

"Your not in trouble." She said reading my mind. "I have an important issue to discuss with you though."

Hoya was right.

"Mom, are you pregnant?" I asked.

She was shocked by my words.

"How did you know?"

Hoya was right! Oh my gosh!

"Oh my gosh! I didn't! Hoya said you were! How did he know that?!"

"I don't know. Maybe Woohyun told him. He knows about all of this. The baby and the move."

"Move? We're moving?"

"Yes but not far. We are moving in with Daniel. We need more room for the baby and Daniel's house is bigger then ours."

I can't believe she didn't ask me first. I don't want to move. Even if that means that Woohyun and Myungsoo would be my neighbors. I've never really liked Daniel as my mom knows. Yet we are now moving in with him and my mom is having his baby. Not what I want. At all.