Chapter 6

What? Again?

I took a minute to figure out what I knew. So far, I know Hoya and I have been kidnapped. Sandeul said he was sorry so that must mean that he has something to do with this. Even though he is back here with us I don’t think he was kidnapped. I also know that I’m scared to death right now. Who knows what is going to happen to me? Is it crazy to think I’m going to die? I held onto Hoya even tighter at the thought.

            “Sandeul, you better start talking.” Hoya ordered.

            “This wasn’t even supposed to happen. I’m deeply sorry. Don’t blame me, please. I was only told to be friends with ChanSook.”

            “If you were only supposed to be friends with me then why are you apologizing?” I asked.

            “I’m apologizing for my dad. He’s the one doing all of this.”

            “It’s all to help you.” The guy from the driver’s seat said.

            “He wants to talk to you.”

            Why can’t he come to my house and ask like a normal person? What’s the deal with all this kidnapping stuff? If he just let Sandeul become my friend, then he could have just invited me over and no kidnapping would be needed.

            It took longer then I expected for us to reach our destination. I figured out why when I left the car. It wasn’t Sandeul’s house we went to.

            “Where are we?” I asked.

            My question was ignored as we were brought inside a building that was empty. Sungyeol who left sometime during the abduction came back.

            “You two better run.” He said.

            “Don’t give them any ideas.” Sandeul warned.

            Hold up. Sandeul sees him too?

            “Wait, you heard me?” Sungyeol asked.

            “Yes- Sungyeol is it? I heard you.”

            “How can you see him? I mean I get Hoya but why you?”

            Next thing I know Sandeul’s tall and scary looking dad was in front of me.

            “This is why you are here.” He said.

            His voice didn’t really fit the scary look he had. We were brought into a room that had a table and four chairs.

            “What is this place?” I asked.

            “We’re borrowing it for the moment.” Sandeul’s dad said.

            That didn’t really answer my question, but whatever. Hoya and I were told to hand over our phones so I did as I was told. Hoya however refused.

            “Why should I?” he asked.

            “Because if you don’t, I’ll turn unfriendly.”

            “Sandeul, your dad is insane.”

            “He’s your dad too.” Sandeul reminded me.

            How could I forget that? Well, that’s great. I have a psycho dad.

            “Hoya, just hand over your phone. We’ll get them back before we leave.” I said.

            Hoya took his phone out of his pocket and unwillingly handed it to my dad. We sat down at the table and Hoya took a hold of my hand which made my dad raise an eyebrow.  

            “So the two of you are dating?”

            “Yes, now can we just get to the ghost talk?” Hoya asked annoyed.

            Sungyeol appeared and pretended to sit in a chair that didn’t exist.

            “So everyone here can see and hear me, right?” he asked.

            Everyone nodded and Sungyeol pouted.

            “That’s no fun.”

            “Sungyeol, for once try to be serious.” I said.

            “That’s asking a lot of him.” Hoya said.

            “Let’s stay on topic.” Sandeul said. “Dad, would you like to explain this whole thing?”

            “Yes, ChanSook, thanks to me you have the ability to see ghosts. It’s not something I chose to give you. It’s just in my blood. I’m sorry you’ve had to put up with this all these years.”

            I gave my dad a confused look.

            “What do you mean all these years? I just started to see ghosts last year. I actually don’t think it’s even been a year yet. And I’ve only seen two ghosts: Hoya and Sungyeol.”

            “So you’re dating a ghost?” Sandeul asked.

            “No, he was a ghost.”

            My dad and Sandeul exchanged confused looks.

            “How could he have been a ghost and is now not? When you die, you die.”

            “He didn’t die though. He was in a coma. It’s the same with Sungyeol except he still is in a coma. We decided it was half ghost.”

            The more I spoke the more confused the two got.

            “Dad, this nothing like what we have.” Sandeul said.

            He didn’t answer Sandeul but just thought. He didn’t think out loud but kept everything in his head.

            “Were you dating Hoya before he was in a coma?” my dad finally asked.

            I shook my head.

            “I didn’t even know him. I had just started the school and I almost got hit with a car but instead it hit Hoya. So he went into a coma and I started to see him about ten minutes after the accident.”

           My dad nodded and took another thinking break. He could share what he was thinking aloud so we can discuss this together. I guess he wanted to crack this mystery by himself.

            “What about this boy over here that is in a coma now?”

            “A similar incident. A car missed me but it hit him. Though I actually new and was friends with him.”

            “And you were dating Hoya at this time?”

            I nodded and kissed Hoya’s cheek.

            “Keep the kissing to a minimum.” Sandeul said.

            “You’d do the same thing to JinAe.” I said.

            “Not in front of someone else though.”

            I rolled my eyes at Sandeul. Hoya decided to give me a kiss to tick off Sandeul. I laughed as I saw Sandeul and Sungyeol make disgusted faces.

            “Focus!” my dad yelled and the room quieted that instant. “I need some time to think.”

            “Then why don’t you pick us up from school tomorrow and tell us what you’ve found out.”

            I got up and Sandeul did as well and grabbed my arm.

            “Hands of my girlfriend!” Hoya said.

            He tried to get Sandeul off but my dad grabbed him before he could.

            “You guys aren’t going anywhere. Not until I figure this out.”

            “Are you crazy?” I asked. “You can’t keep us in here.”

            The fear I once had was now gone. Replaced with anger and frustration knowing I had to stay here.

            “Yes I can. I only have three rooms. Sandeul, you will be sharing with Hoya and ChanSook will have her own. I of course, get the last one”

            Sandeul nodded and started to take me away.

            “You are just going to agree with him?” I asked.

            He nodded as we left the room and headed to the room that was going to be mine.

            “He’s my only family.” He explained. “My mom left me with him so to me, he’s not that bad. He just has moments like these where he is a bit… aggressive. I’m not a bad guy, really. I just have to obey an occasional one.”

            I was locked into a bedroom and given pizza around dinner time. Sandeul came in and informed me before bed that he texted my mom and told her that I was staying the night at a friend’s house so she wouldn’t be expecting me.

            “I’m only following orders.” He told me.

            I had to sleep on a mattress with only a thin blanket and no pillow. I guess its better then having nothing. Honestly, what was going on with my life?   

--------------------------------------------------

Two updates in one day! :)

I'm always glad and thankful when I see comments for my story but today I was extra glad. I had such a crappy day at school (really bad. one of the worst this year) and the comments I recieved helped me to get over it. So thank you! I love you all!

So like I said I had a crappy day and to get over it I also typed and typed and focused on the story so I could get another update in today. I felt I needed to because I won't be able to update the rest of the week most likely (stupid school :P) and I would feel mean just leaving it like that for the rest of the week.

Thanks once again! ♥♥♥