Chapter 14

What? Again?

 

It was really hard and I’m not too sure how I did it but until Sungyeol’s birthday came, I kept this a secret. We casually had Myungsoo, Sungjong, Hoya come over and Sandeul had JinAe come over. We couldn’t really surprise Sungyeol because only three of us could see him. However, I did ask him if he was shocked.

            “Yes, very. What is this?”

            “It’s your birthday party. Yes only three of us can see you and the others are watching us talk to nothing but they know you are here and they are here for you.”

            Sungyeol looked over at JinAe.

            “Everyone?” he asked.

            Sandeul put an arm around JinAe as if to silently tell him no. She gave him a kiss on the cheek clueless to this all.

            “Hoya, why don’t you get this party started and I need to talk to Sandeul alone for a moment.”

            I made Sandeul come with me to my room and shut the door behind us.

            “Don’t tell me to break up with her because I won’t do it.”

            “I’m not asking you to do that. However, for today, do you think that you can keep the kisses to a minimum? It’s Sungyeol’s birthday so it would be nice if you didn’t rub in his face you’re dating JinAe. It would make him and me happy.”

            “I won’t do it. Not to be mean but I don’t see why I should. It’s not like I’m dating JinAe to get a reaction from Sungyeol. I’m dating her because I want to date her.”

            I tried for another few minutes to change Sandeul’s mind but he already had it made up. We went back out there to see music was put on and everyone was dancing. JinAe came over and pulled Sandeul away to go dance. Myungsoo turned up the music and I’m not sure if he knew this but went over and danced by Sungyeol. Hoya pulled me off to go dance and after a while I noticed that Sungjong was sitting all alone. Hoya was way into his dance and didn’t see me leave him to sit by Sungjong.

            “Why aren’t you dancing?” I asked him.

            “Because this doesn’t feel right. I feel like I’m celebrating Sungyeol’s birthday without him.”

            “But he is here. Right over there by Myungsoo.”

            “I know that. I can’t see him though so…”

            “Don’t think of it as celebrating without him. Think of it as honoring him. I know Sungyeol would like to pretend he isn’t in a coma for a day.”

            I pulled Sungjong out to dance and before I knew it the sun was already setting. Everyone left and Sandeul and I started to clean up the mess. I couldn’t believe that seven people could make a mess this big. My mom came home at this time and was speechless at the mess.

            “Did you have a party?” she asked.

            “A birthday party.” I clarified. “Sungyeol’s.”

            My mom held her head like she was getting a headache.

            “Don’t worry we’re cleaning it up.” Sandeul assured her.

            She nodded and went off to her room. When we had a bag full of trash, I went to put it in the trash can outside and found Myungsoo was still here on my front porch. He had tears going down his face. I sat down the bag and took a seat next to him.

            “You’re still here?” I asked him.

            “Yeah, I just wanted to thank you. It was nice of you to plan this Sungyeol.”

            “It was no problem. But, why are you crying?”

            “It’s stupid. I’ll just be going.”

            He got up and hurried down the driveway. I had this feeling that if I didn’t go with him something bad would happen. So I got up and went after him. He was about to walk into the street without looking and I noticed a car coming this way. I was able to keep him out of the street and the car didn’t hit him. If I hadn’t, then it would have been yet another hospital trip. We don’t need that.

            “What is with all of you and cars?” I asked.

            “The ‘car obsession’- if you want to call it that, didn’t start until you came along.”

            Myungsoo’s words shocked me and I let him go. He was the first person to blame me for what happened to Sungyeol. I went back inside and finished cleaning up in a daze. His words repeated in my mind. It soon came to me that he was most likely referring to Hoya and Dongwoo as well. The thing that snapped me back to reality was Sungyeol. He took me to my room and it shocked me to see him looking serious. He had a few papers in his hands and looking closely I saw it was my math homework.

            “What did you do to my homework?” I asked.

            “Don’t worry its old homework. I needed some paper and it was right next to me so I just used it. I only needed to right down notes and make you a lovely picture.”

            I sighed and tried to take the paper but he backed away.

            “Not until I explain things.” He said.

            I waited for him to speak for what seemed like forever. He was reviewing his notes and seemed to be finding the right way to say what he needed to say. I was curious to see what had gotten him so serious. Finally, he started to explain what was on the back of my homework.

            “I think I know how to wake me up from my coma.” He said.

            My eyes widened and I tried to find a sign he was pulling a joke. He looked fully serious though.

            “You do? How do we do it?”

            “Before I go on promise to listen to everything I have to say before answering yes or no.”

            “So this involves me?”

            Sungyeol bit his lip and nodded. He looked at his paper like it was a script as he spoke.

            “I know that you kissed Hoya when he was in half-ghost form. You said he disappeared in the middle of the kiss and that was when he started to wake up. So I was thinking that if you kissed me then I would start to wake up like Hoya did.”

            “Sungyeol that is insane.”

            “Maybe, but I want to wake up! I know that I act like being a ghost is the life worth living but I want to be able to hang out with Myungsoo and not have you or Hoya talk to him for me. I want to see my parents and I want a chance at having JinAe! All I ask of from you is a simple kiss and it will hopefully wake me up sooner. ChanSook, please.”

            Sungyeol grabbed me by my shoulders and made me look at his eyes that were ready to cry.

            “It would only be a kiss, right?” I asked.

            Sungyeol nodded and I then said something I hoped I later wouldn’t regret.

            “I’ll kiss you.”

---------------------------------------------------

Almost 70 subscribers!! :D 

Y'all are awesome! Just making sure you know. ^^