Chapter 4

What? Again?

I walked into school with Hoya when Sungyeol was now next to me and pulling me away. Hoya looked at me confused.

            “I guess I need to do something.” I said to him.

            When we were far enough away I took back my hand and made Sungyeol stop.

            “You can’t just pull me away from Hoya like that. I’m the only one that can see you remember?”

            “I’m sorry. But I had to show you what I did yesterday.”

            He took me to a part in the school where there was only a boy and girl who appeared to be dating. Sungyeol pulled me behind the lockers so I wouldn’t be seen.

            “You followed this couple around?” I asked in a whisper.

            “Yes and no. I’m not really interested in the guy. It’s the girl I care about.”

            It took me a moment of looking back and fourth from Sungyeol and the girl to understand.

            “That’s the girl you like.” I said.

            Sungyeol nodded and then left me there. I looked at the couple and tried to see if I knew them. The girl I knew was JinAe. I wasn’t sure about the guy. I left before I was seen so I wouldn’t have to fumble for some excuse as to why I was watching them.

            When I was in my seat and waiting for the other students, I saw the two enter the room. I would have remembered if the guy was in my class. They came over to my table and the guy sat next to me.

            “ChanSook, this is a new student and my boyfriend Sandeul. Would you mind if he had Sungyeol’s seat?”

            “Of course not.” I said.

            JinAe thanked me then went to the table next to where Sandeul was and took a seat. I had this sudden thought. Everything happens for a reason. I had been wondering why Sungyeol had to go into a coma and be a half ghost like Hoya. I think I’m supposed to help him with this JinAe girl. I don’t know why fate had to go through all of this trouble for this to happen but I can’t argue. This makes me feel better because I thought since he was a ghost I’d be falling for him just like Hoya.  

            I chatted with Sandeul a bit throughout class. I had to get to know who Sungyeol’s competition is. I walked with them to their next class and they invited me to sit with them at lunch.

            “Alright, I’ll see you guys at lunch.”

            I wound up being late to my class but I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. It was only one tardy. When lunch came, I went to meet up with Sandeul and JinAe but Sungjong stopped me.

            “Can you help me with my math after school?” he asked.

            “Sure thing.” I told him.

            I started to walk off but Sungjong grabbed my shirt and stopped me.

            “Where are you going? It’s time for lunch.” He said.

            I was about to speak when Sandeul and JinAe came up.

            “Ready to eat?” Sandeul asked.

            I watched Sungjong glare at Sandeul.

            “I’m going to eat with them today. I’ll see you after school.” I told Sungjong.

            “Why aren’t you eating with us? Don’t you want to see Hoya?”

            “I saw him this morning. Sungjong, I’ll explain later.”

            I ruffled his hair before walking off with Sandeul and JinAe. Sungyeol soon appeared next to me.

            “You need to break these two up.” He told me.

            I shook my head and pretended to zip up my lips.

            “Come on, you have to.” He whined.

            I ignored him as we took our seats at one of the tables in the cafeteria. I was having a good time with them when Woohyun took a seat next to me.

            “Did you get lost?” he asked.

            “No, why would you think that?”

            “Because we are on the other side of the cafeteria. Come on.”

            Woohyun pulled me out of the chair and I said goodbye to them while I was taken away. Woohyun took me to a seat by Sungjong who seemed happy I was now here.

            “My food is still over there.” I said.

            “Here you can have mine.” Sungjong said.

            He slid his food in front of me and Hoya sat on the other side of me.

            “Where have you been?” he asked.

            He gave my cheek a kiss and I shrugged my shoulders.

            “Just with some new friends.” I said.

            “New friends?” he asked.

            It didn’t sound like he was happy hearing that.

            “Yes, new friends. Am I not allowed to have more friends then you guys?”

            “You can but what’s the point? Who are these new friends anyway?”

            “The new kid Sandeul and JinAe.” Woohyun answered for me.

            The rest of lunch was spent talking about Sandeul and everyone’s thoughts on him. They weren’t really the best and I don’t even know why. He hasn’t even been here a day and they already seem to have reasons to hate him.

            Once school was over, I walked to Sungjong’s house and noticed that one house over there was people unpacking.

            “Is someone moving in?” I asked.

            “Yeah, that Sandeul kid is moving in.” Sungjong said with detest.

            “What’s wrong with Sandeul?” I asked.

            Sungjong ignored my question and continued into his house. I followed him and asked my question again.

            “I talked to him yesterday and he asked me about you. First off, how does he know you? And how does he know I know you? The fact he knows you makes me mad.”

            “He does he know me and I don’t know him?”

            Sungjong shrugged.

            “Can we just focus on math?” he asked.

            I nodded even though I wasn’t sure I could. Who was this Sandeul person? 

--------------------------------------------------

Sanduel is from the new group B1A4. I stumbled across there video for OK yesterday and I'm now a fan. ♥

I didn't randomly throw him in here without any reason. He has a big role which will be revealed soon. :)